Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What brought a smile to your face today?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 785 ✭✭✭Stinjy

manager made cookies for me... I've had a fun few days nibbling away! (They're bloomin good!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

I was in the library on Saturday, and as I was leaving, a guy was using the self service machine, and trying to interest his little boy in taking out a book. The little fellow took the book, flicked the edges of the pages, as though counting them, then handed it back saying ' No, too much pages', then sauntered towards the door. I love the way kids cut to the chase. :D. Decision made, and out the door.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,246 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Watching Ducks quack don't echo, I'm learning so much :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

Snuggles with my eleven day old baby daughter. She's so beautiful and perfect, I'm just in awe of her.

Over hearing someone compliment my car :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,517 ✭✭✭addicted to caffeine

that I have work experience (as part of my college course) sorted :)

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Overhearing a little girl saying "Oh my God, Mammy, look at the lady with the pink hair!" Kids are so cute!

In local supermarket last night, a tiny little fellow, about two, trying to get his mum's attention to something he wanted, near the self service tills. So, what he was doing was, running backwards towards the display stand, while giving a little screech, all the time keeping his eyes on her.
    A man came around the end of an aisle and had to sidestep this unexpected little human missile, with footwork worthy of gracing Croke Park, on All Ireland days, or maybe Riverdance. :D

Seconds later, the little fellow did the running backwards thing again, and another man had to do the same fancy sidestep footwork to avoid tripping over him.
    It was just one of those things, but it did make me smile. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,328 ✭✭✭lazeedaisy

2 of the dogs were messing around in the garden, when I nipped out to take in the washing. They ran towards me like they had not seen me for a week!

Never gets tiring... Or my days are boring!

Receiving great news :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,517 ✭✭✭addicted to caffeine

getting excited that our end of year college party/xmas party is coming up in the near future, four-course meal, live music in a posh hotel. Gonna be a great night :D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

rainbowkirby's news :D

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

^ Seeing my mam's face when we told her last week :)

(For those of ye who aren't on FB, I'm 16 weeks pregnant)

Congratulations rainbow kirby! Great news! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

^ Seeing my mam's face when we told her last week :)

(For those of ye who aren't on FB, I'm 16 weeks pregnant)

Congratulations!
    I suppose I can also announce that I'm 17 weeks pregnant, there must have been something in the water that week! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,344 ✭✭✭Diamond Doll

Congrats both of ye's!

Right these things come in threes ... just waiting for someone to announce they're 18 weeks preggers! :pac:

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

So happy for you guys Ivy and RK! So baby nicknames...? :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

So happy for you guys Ivy and RK! So baby nicknames...? :-)

They might be Easter babies, ye can work with that!

Congrats ladies :)

Awh Ivy congratulations! :D

• Advertisement

Congrats Ivy and rainbow!

A random act of kindness by a stranger brought a smile to my face today.

I drove into the tiny car park of the shopping centre where the dry cleaners/ launderette, that we use, is, this morning. Not a space to be had, and two big vans near the entrance / exit meant there was very tight turning required in order to drive back out.
    A guy walking by asked me if I wanted him to 'watch my back' and I gladly accepted.

I'm driving for years, so it wasn't that I had any fears of not being able to do it, but that little bit of help, by directing me, so that I could safely reverse back as far as possible, without fear of hitting anything, got me out of there much faster.

So thanks kind (and handsome ;)) stranger, I really appreciated that small act of kindness.

Drinking tea and reading a James Patterson book in Costa :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

Ooh congratulations RK and Ivy! :)

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

When I went out at lunchtime there were two very serious-looking, suited men walking in front of me. There’s a big flight of steps up to reception and as we approached it, one nudged the other and said “3… 2… 1!!” and they both absolutely pegged it up the steps. It was so completely unexpected and it really made me laugh :D

tow-phoebe-runs-o.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭sunshine and showers

Finished exams and got my hair done. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,267 ✭✭✭✭fits

Woohoo, Ivy and Rainbow, congratulations!

this thread.

Had a catch up with a friend today and it was well needed :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭pq0n1ct4ve8zf5

Scarinae wrote: »
    When I went out at lunchtime there were two very serious-looking, suited men walking in front of me. There’s a big flight of steps up to reception and as we approached it, one nudged the other and said “3… 2… 1!!” and they both absolutely pegged it up the steps. It was so completely unexpected and it really made me laugh :D

I love when things like that happen! I was in a café in Paris one time and there was a couple in their thirties or forties there who were very good looking, very well dressed, very dry shítey looking (y'know, French looking, basically), and then I looked up and the man was doing this really goofy dance in his seat and pulling faces and the woman was just cracking up, neither of them gave a shíte about anything else. It was really sweet and all the more so for being so unexpected based on their appearance

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭AppleBottle

Got sorted for my girls trip to Limerick for the bank holiday weekend, looking forward to it :)

Advertisement