Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What brought a smile to your face today?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭DunnoKiddo

a surprising morning text :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭AlteredStates

<3 Love :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭LenaClaire

Got promoted :D

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Listening to Glee songs and giving it socks singing along. Not even sorry! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 22,246 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Sunshine on my face :).

• Advertisement

more birthday wishes and an ode from a far away friend :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭Tigger99

My friends. I don't know what I've done to deserve them but they are a super bunch that keep me motivated and sane and just think I'm deadly. As I do them. It's lovely to have such faith shown in me. You don't know this is me on here, but thank you for being you xxxx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 936 ✭✭✭JaseBelleVie

Autosport wrote: »
    Sunshine on my face :).

When I read that, I immediately thought of this:

And that brought a smile to my face! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,344 ✭✭✭Diamond Doll

I'm getting my hairs did tomorrow! :D Badly overdue!

Putting my feet up after a long day :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭beks101

Watching a dad play with his young daughter in the park. They managed to entice a squirrel over and the delight on the child's face as her dad fed it scraps of bread was just priceless.

Shooting the breeze with an old friend in Regents Park. Catching up on news, reminiscing, laughing at in-jokes and just general silliness. Realizing that some friends are more like family and there's no getting rid of them :)

Smelling the roses in the Rose Garden. How lucky I am to have the time and the proximity and the wisdom to know that it's these small things that count.

A work colleague staying in late to hang out with my on my overnight shift, as I start my last week of work before changing jobs.

London parks. Parks everywhere. Parks, parks, parks. Thank god for parks.

Watching old re runs of Top Gear :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 272 ✭✭YurOK2

My dogs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭Daisy78

Waking up to birds singing outside my window :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,344 ✭✭✭Diamond Doll

Yesterday I was at the shops and cinema, came home to find that my wallet had disappeared. I realised afterwards that there was a hole in my bag, I checked with the cinema and Gardai and shopping centre, no luck finding it. Pain in the arse especially since I'm going into hospital today for quite a while, so it wouldn't be easy to sort out replacement cards, etc. Also I actually had quite a bit of cash in it, and I never carry cash, and I'm broke right now.

Just had a builder call to the door. He's working at the house next door, and he found the wallet on the street outside. He's been calling in at all the houses to find a girl with a Sligo accent (because I've a Sligo address on the licence! Living in Dublin now), he didn't want to accidentally give the wallet to the wrong person. He said he came to work early today especially to try to catch whoever was in this house, because he got no answer yesterday. He gave the wallet back, cash and all intact. I actually tried to give him money - because it was such an honest thing to do, and has saved me SO much time and effort replacing all the cards - he wouldn't take the money, just asked that - if I was religious - that I'd say a prayer for him. (I'm not, but I'll make sure my mammy does!)

Faith in humanity - officially restored. :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,032 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

My sister got engaged during the week while she was away and we only found out today, I'm so happy for her, the guy she's marrying is a lovely chap :).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Gunslinger92

I saw a video of a lad playing the super Mario gameplay music on violin, it's amazing!!

• Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭Contessa Raven

Yesterday I was at the shops and cinema, came home to find that my wallet had disappeared. I realised afterwards that there was a hole in my bag, I checked with the cinema and Gardai and shopping centre, no luck finding it. Pain in the arse especially since I'm going into hospital today for quite a while, so it wouldn't be easy to sort out replacement cards, etc. Also I actually had quite a bit of cash in it, and I never carry cash, and I'm broke right now.

Just had a builder call to the door. He's working at the house next door, and he found the wallet on the street outside. He's been calling in at all the houses to find a girl with a Sligo accent (because I've a Sligo address on the licence! Living in Dublin now), he didn't want to accidentally give the wallet to the wrong person. He said he came to work early today especially to try to catch whoever was in this house, because he got no answer yesterday. He gave the wallet back, cash and all intact. I actually tried to give him money - because it was such an honest thing to do, and has saved me SO much time and effort replacing all the cards - he wouldn't take the money, just asked that - if I was religious - that I'd say a prayer for him. (I'm not, but I'll make sure my mammy does!)

Faith in humanity - officially restored. :)

This! ^^^^^ That is lovely! Fair play to him! You don't meet many people as honest as that these days! (I don't anyway! :p)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭Daisy78

Mango lassi for lunch/desert and the chemical brothers later....Sundays don't get much better 😊

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭rosie16

Just something small, I met a guy at a party about a month ago. And I like him and I don't know in what way. He was just easy to talk to. So I stepped out of my introvert shell and chatted to him whenever he's been online. And today he left me a message.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭MauraTheThird

rosie16 wrote: »
    Just something small, I met a guy at a party about a month ago. And I like him and I don't know in what way. He was just easy to talk to. So I stepped out of my introvert shell and chatted to him whenever he's been online. And today he left me a message.

Along the same lines, I quite fancy one of the other students that I'm interning with. We all had a night out Saturday and we spent 90% of it chatting, standing beside each other so it's a great confidence boost altogether :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,517 ✭✭✭addicted to caffeine

a friend saying I am very talented and that I was the new jk rowling - wow :D

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Two words - Ed Sheeran :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭Precious flower

Last night we heard very loud barking outside the house that went on for about ten minutes. Since no one else in the cul-a-sac thought to check it out even though they could all very clearly hear the dog, my mum decided to take a look. She saw a dog barking at what looked like a ball on the road (it was dark out). Turned out to be a hedgehog curled up. The dog had clearly escaped from one of the houses and come across this strange creature and wanted everyone else to come look at it hahaha!

My mum shooed the dog away, but just as the hedgehog was making his escape the dog comes running over to stop him. This dog took this security job very seriously. I knew that if we stayed near the hedgehog to keep the dog away the hedgehog would never move. But he'd never get a chance to move if the dog keep pestering him. So I took off my jacket, and picked up the hedgehog and brought it over to our garden where he'd be hidden from the dog. Hedgehogs are class btw. :) I've only ever seen three and this is the first one I've ever picked up (obviously because I had to, if I didn't, I wouldn't have touched him). :)

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭rosie16

Found my ring!! :D:D It's an old family ring and I lost it a few months ago. I remember what I was doing before I lost it and then total mind blank as to how I lost it. I literally looked under every nook and cranny in my room but I was tidying today and I found it. I know when I was looking for it I was in a mad panic upending everything. I was gutted and really disappointed when I lost it.

Two words - Ed Sheeran :D

I second that :D pure magic :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭Tigger99

I've gone back weight lifting and it's given me a new found appreciation for what my body can do. It's such a lovely feeling to find myself focusing on how much I'm lifting or how my fitness has improved rather than the negative aspects of what I don't look like. It has brought physical benefits too, but the mental side is just astounding. It brings such a lightness, a freedom. So yeah, that made me smile today :) Most importantly, and apologies for sounding so corny, it makes my heart smile :)

seeing it rain, after the weatherman said "dry and hot today"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭beks101

I helped a lovely elderly woman across the road today on my way home from work. Turns out she's a lovely elderly woman from Limerick who's been living in London for decades. Accent still intact :)

Had a lovely old natter with her and as I was leaving she said I was a "beautiful young lady" and a "credit to Ireland".

I skipped home :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,139 ✭✭✭✭sammyjo90

Just seen like...20 bunnies hopping around in a field :)

Advertisement