Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New low for the Gardai? Video claims Woman refused to leave estate with sick child

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭To Elland Back

Has this thread galvinised support for the Gardai?

I have only ever had positive dealings with the Gardai. I've needed their assistance, I have dealt with them in connection with my job and I have been the victim of crime on more than one occasion. There are probably a few wrong ones out there, but I have nothing for respect for the organisation. I wouldn't do it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 826 ✭✭✭geeksauce

Arent these the same crowd that put up a video of a girl apparently being run over, only for a 2nd video they uploaded showed the IW van leaving the area and this girl running up and kicking the van as it was leaving, she was then filmed walking away laughing, all of a sudden she dropped to the ground and pretended to be injured and the rest of the protestors were up in arms claiming she had been run over.

An ambulance was called, taxpayers money was wasted, paramedics and hospital staffs time was wasted all because of this group. And then didn't the 2nd video showing what really happened disappear into thin air when it was pointed out to them that it was all a set up, while the original video of her lying on the ground pretending to have been run over remained online?

Is this the same upstanding group?

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭Postit

Video truth translation:

Gardai required (as a deterrent) to observe numerous thugs who repeatedly breach the peace and prevent honest citizens from working in a housing estate.

Person pulls up behind the Gardai in a car and is delayed by 1 minute 54 seconds.

Bulls*it story concocted in effort to paint the Gardai in a bad light.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

Personally if I had a sick child I wouldn't stop for any person who stood blocking the road on purpose.

Gardai relations must be at an all time low.

As soon as I heard the familiar voice from so many water protest videos I just thought "Hit me now with the child in me arms!"

• Registered Users Posts: 23,607 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Guy in the video says "there is drug dealers around here with more respect than you lot".

Really? Why does he not go for a cup of tea in the garda station then and have a discussion with them about who he knows? Surely this is a bigger problem for the area than water charges ever would be.

Or maybe he is just an unemployable scumbag himself who the gardai know very well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭Fuhrer

Is it just me, or does every video these idiots upload, seem to portray themselves as a bunch of **** and the Guards as models of restraint and professionalism?

Talk about shooting yourself in the foot.

Model of restraint really,

The amount of laws being broken by these protesters is quite worrying.

conorh91 wrote: »
    I get the feeling that some water-charges protestors are loving this protest. The ones who haven't had this much meaning in their lives in years, who can't remember the last time they had an incentive to get out of bed in the morning.

The adrenalin, the facing-up to authority figures, the brouhaha the other day in court. I think they're really enjoying it.

Being able to target the Gardai, many of whom it appears they have a major grudge against!

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭NewDirection

Has this thread galvinised support for the Gardai?
    I don't think it's this thread, but the uploads from 'Dublin Says No' that are galvanizing support for the Gardai.
    I've been watching nearly every upload from the Dublin Says No youtube channel for the last few weeks and they are getting worse and worse. The titles are getting more sensationalist while the content of the videos is actually showing the guards response getting better and better.

The Gardai didn't bring in water charges.
    The GMC staff didn't bring in water charges.
    Yet these Dublin Says No "protesters" have spent the last month or so harassing these people. It appears to me that they are airing their frustrations at the wrong people.

I think whoever is running their youtube account is doing a terrible job, because I'll I've seen over the last two weeks of videos is harassment and petty complaints from the "protesters", and nothing but restraint and calm from GMC & Gardai. They'd be better off being alot more selective with their videos.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

Guy in the video says "there is drug dealers around here with more respect than you lot".

Really? Why does he not go for a cup of tea in the garda station then and have a discussion with them about who he knows? Surely this is a bigger problem for the area than water charges ever would be.

Or maybe he is just an unemployable scumbag himself who the gardai know very well.

Spot on , knackers here protesting probably claim thousands on benefits + videoing this on €500+ smartphones, then they complain about a perfectly reasonable water charge ???

f*ck off...

Tired of this "the world owes us a living" attitude.

I don't like the idea of folk here calling the protesters scumbags. They are just as pissed-off as the rest of us regarding the mess of IW's implementation.

Militant leftist jackboot thugs is all they are! If they were any use at all they would be working instead of costing the state and society more than they themselves will ever be worth! Nothing but a pack of wasters!

The Gardai should turn water cannons on them!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Hoop66

foggy_lad wrote: »
    The Gardai should turn water cannons on them!

Too expensive these days!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

The Gardai didn't bring in water charges.
    The GMC staff didn't bring in water charges.
    Yet these Dublin Says No "protesters" have spent the last month or so harassing these people. It appears to me that they are airing their frustrations at the wrong people.

I think whoever is running their youtube account is doing a terrible job, because I'll I've seen over the last two weeks of videos is harassment and petty complaints from the "protesters", and nothing but restraint and calm from GMC & Gardai. They'd be better off being alot more selective with their videos.

I suspect they lack the intelligence to even realise that they're damaging their own cause.

The protest marches are a much better show of people who are against the water charges. This sort of Garda baiting nonsense is just that... nonsense.

The sort of people who complain when they're caught speeding that the Gardai should go off and catch the real criminals instead of bothering them. They have no real notion of the law and only think it applies when they want it to.

Remember the Shell to Sea woman shouting at a young Garda that he should be ran up against a wall a few days after a young Garda was nearly killed by a joyrider in Donegal? It's that same sort of ignorance that we see on display in these videos.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,330 ✭✭✭whomitconcerns

yeh...the father sounds very concerned for the child.....

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭scuba8

These protests are being stage managed by the mandarins of various groups including Eirigi and the IRSP,who are the political wing of the INLA. Need anymore be said about the bona fides of the protestors. Vast majority are not from the areas in which the protest are held. They invade ares and cause problems for Gardai and local residents. They try and intimidate the workers who are just trying to make a living, and then move on to the next place,uninvited,
    They have their own political agenda, if you could even call it that, and care little for the actual residents living in the ares in which they are protesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,069 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Oh look - another selectively picked snippet of video - what a surprise.

What did the driver say to the Inspector to cause him to say "Don't you dare talk to me like that, park up and come over and talk to me"? (or words to that effect). I doubt very much he came out with those lines for the fun of it.

TallGlass wrote: »
    Store St Garda Station would have responded with someone on beat, Store St Garda Station is one of the busiest Police stations in Europe I was told once.

But there could have been a more urgent call, assistance etc..

Again like my post about about Killbarack, the public won't understand why there's 40 Garda in an estate and yet no one is coming down to the hit and run. It dose not look good for AGS to be able to supply high numbers of Garda for certain incidents like water meter installations and then other incidents you will be lucky to get a response with the hour.

I think that the general public understand in these type of situation that if someone dies because the Gardai can't get there because they are all held up at protests then the fault lies at the feet of the protesters and not the Gardai!

These left wing wasters are only interested in disrupting the institutions of the state because as mostly ex paramilitaries and staunch republicans that is what they have been doing most of their lives.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Is it just me, or does every video these idiots upload, seem to portray themselves as a bunch of **** and the Guards as models of restraint and professionalism?

Talk about shooting yourself in the foot.

Agreed. This thread has backfired methinks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Essien

Cormac... wrote: »
    Agreed. This thread has backfired methinks

+1

My respect for front line members of AGS increases with every one of these videos I see. Each and every one of them showing the patience of a saint when dealing with these absolute morons.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭Gandalph

The more I think about it, the more I agree with Joan Burton about camera phones.

What she say?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,607 ✭✭✭muddypaws

Judging by the complete lack of reaction from either Gard in that clip, and the sound quality, it would appear that the final comments were edited in after the fact.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

That's not the supposed child's father that's a regular mouthpiece that uploads these videos

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

muddypaws wrote: »
    Judging by the complete lack of reaction from either Gard in that clip

Professionalism in ignoring an idiot
    and the sound quality

It's a bit windy and it's a mobile phone microphone
    it would appear that the final comments were edited in after the fact

I don't think so, the audio holds up, its the guy holding the camera phone who says it

I'm all for rubbishing these videos but I don't think this has been edited after the fact

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    Oh look - another selectively picked snippet of video - what a surprise.

What did the driver say to the Inspector to cause him to say "Don't you dare talk to me like that, park up and come over and talk to me"? (or words to that effect). I doubt very much he came out with those lines for the fun of it.
    He says "You're a f-ing joke", you can hear it at the very start.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,624 ✭✭✭Little CuChulainn

Smidge wrote: »
    So wait. ....
    The guards have blocked access to an entire road where people live and go about their daily business, work etc, not mention it appears to be an access route and people on here are still yaking away about "scumbag protesters"
    Seems a lot of you good folk have very selective and short memories.
    You used the above tactics which Ags are engaged in the video as " the actions of scumbags" when the protesters were doing the same. :rolleyes:

If you see someone restraining another person does it change your opinion of the situation if the guy doing the restraining is in a Garda uniform?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,069 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

He says "You're a f-ing joke", you can hear it at the very start.

Hmmm, don't think it was that - firstly he said "don't you dare call me like that", which would imply he was hailed in some (presumably obnoxious) manner, and secondly being called a joke is probably second nature to them at this stage, unlikely to provoke him.

Although who knows, maybe it did provoke him. But we'll never know, because they'll never put up those bits of the videos they so assiduously record again and again and again.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,607 ✭✭✭muddypaws

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    Hmmm, don't think it was that - firstly he said "don't you dare call me like that", which would imply he was hailed in some (presumably obnoxious) manner, and secondly being called a joke is probably second nature to them at this stage, unlikely to provoke him.

Although who knows, maybe it did provoke him. But we'll never know, because they'll never put up those bits of the videos they so assiduously record again and again and again.
    Cormac... wrote: »
    Professionalism in ignoring an idiot

It's a bit windy and it's a mobile phone microphone

I don't think so, the audio holds up, its the guy holding the camera phone who says it

I'm all for rubbishing these videos but I don't think this has been edited after the fact

I disagree, the Inspector was talking to the taxi driver at the beginning, you can see the taxi driver gesticulating, and you can see he's talking, but you can't hear him, if the Father was in the back of the taxi, the phone would have picked up on him talking. The second man talking was completely ignored, I would have thought that if another person started talking to you, you would automatically look, or even glance at them, and the bystander to the left of the two Gards doesn't look either, as if there was nobody saying anything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 990 ✭✭✭timetogo

These protesters need to get onto Joan to get a grant for better camera phones.
    It's irritating seeing these 20 second / 2 minute clips being abruptly cut off.
    My phone can record video for hours and YouTube will allow you to upload clips of at least 15 minutes for beginner users.

timetogo wrote: »
    These protesters need to get onto Joan to get a grant for better camera phones.
    It's irritating seeing these 20 second 2 minute clips being abruptly cut off.
    My phone can record video for hours and YouTube will allow you to upload clips of at least 15 minutes for beginner users.

It's almost like they're selectively choosing what sections to upload. Almost as if the full unedited footage might show them acting in some way that would portray them in a bad light.

Almost.......

Surely that's not the case though.

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    It's almost like they're selectively choosing what sections to upload. Almost as if the full unedited footage might show them acting in some way that would portray them in a bad light.

Almost.......

Surely that's not the case though.
    You could argue even the edited parts they are uploading put the protesters in a bad light. If they even just edited out the 'mouthpiece' holding the camera, the protesters would come across a lot better in general. He seems to be one of the chief aggravators.

• Advertisement

You could argue even the edited parts they are uploading put the protesters in a bad light.

You could argue that.

And you'd be right.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement