Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

More Crap on Adams, Mod Warning in OP.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,952 ✭✭✭funnights74

Winty wrote: »
    Do you trust Mr Adams?
    He is the only person on the planet who thinks he was not in the IRA.
    The man is a lier pure and simple

All politicians are liars, manipulators of the truth to suit their own agenda.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭gunny558

porsche959 wrote: »
    They seem to be saying Cahill was himself a child abuser and was blackmailed by British state security.

Cahill? As in Joe Cahill? So he was a paedo aswell? This is getting messy very fast.. :eek: Im still not sure how this has "backfired" on FF..?? If anything they're gonna love this?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭Henlars67

gunny558 wrote: »
    Cahill? As in Joe Cahill? So he was a paedo aswell? This is getting messy very fast.. :eek: Im still not sure how this has "backfired" on FF..?? If anything they're gonna love this?

Where has that suggestion come from?

There is no way Cahill was a paedo, or a British agent

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

Maybe Fianna fail can offer to pay the compensation on he's behalf aswell?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

No, this is bigger than silly little party political games in Leinister House.

There is a lot more going on behind the scenes than people realise. Particularly people (and I don't mean you) who rely on their news and views from the likes of the Sunday Independent.

Thanks for the link I wasn't expecting that story at all. Never heard that tale about Joe Cahill before... was thinking it would be another government troll like Joan Bruton going on another mentalist rant with impunity.

• Advertisement

Henlars67 wrote: »

And how can you be so sure..??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,499 ✭✭✭porsche959

Im still not sure how this has "backfired" on FF..?? If anything they're gonna love this?

Maybe not on FF, more on the West Brit types that go on and on about the perfidy of the IRA but turn a blind eye to British state security recruiting paedophiles (e.g. as in Kincora and elsewhere)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,727 ✭✭✭✭Godge

Who are the Mirror talking about?

how many child sexual abusers were in the IRA?

Godge wrote: »

How many child sexual abusers were in the UUP, DUP, UDR and of those, how many were working for M15?

Let us know when youve researched the matter. Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,370 ✭✭✭Phoebas

Who are the Mirror talking about?

Secretive, authoritarian organisation full of zealots who valued their own reputation over the people they claimed to serve.

Probably one or two more.

• Advertisement

The full story is up, and yes, they are claiming Joe Cahill was a paedophile and was blackmailed by British state security.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/ira-chief-paedophile-double-agent-4466798

*** Waits for flurry of posts from the usual suspects full of righteous anger demanding M15 open the books on all the paedos they covered up for over the years - thus facilitating child abuse. ****

Phoebas wrote: »
    Secretive, authoritarian organisation full of zealots who valued their own reputation over the people they claimed to serve.

Probably one or two more.

The above is arguably equally applicable to, for example, M15. And that's not 'whataboutery'. It's just looking for consistency in addressing child abuse in society, is all.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,370 ✭✭✭Phoebas

The above is arguably equally applicable to, for example, M15. And that's not 'whataboutery'. It's just looking for consistency in addressing child abuse in society, is all.
    I agree and I sure hope that the relevant authorities in the UK fully investigate MI5. I definitely wouldn't want anybody in MI5 who facilitated the cover up of sexual abuse to be in a position of power in this state.

Phoebas wrote: »
    I agree and I sure hope that the relevant authorities in the UK fully investigate MI5. I definitely wouldn't want anybody in MI5 who facilitated the cover up of sexual abuse to be in a position of power in this state.

I agree completely. No child sexual abuse should be covered up.

MI5 should release any information they have.

It seems now that SF/IRA had at least three child sexual abusers in their ranks.

Liam Adams, Joe Cahill and Morris.

One question that has been bothering me about Gerry Adams' statement tonight. How come Liam Adams was spared the full force of the IRA policing effort?

Pearse Doherty: "I do believe her in terms of the abuse she received".

Such mealy-mouthed words. Half-belief.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 616 ✭✭✭duckcfc

All i can do is lol at the Joe Cahill story and the funny part of it all is that half the country will believe it lol.

And another note, any other country holds its revolutionary leaders in high esteem but here in west Brit Ireland, they are dragged threw the mud with allsorts of sh1te! The Irish sure are a funny aul bunch lol

duckcfc wrote: »
    And another note, any other country holds its revolutionary leaders in high esteem but here in west Brit Ireland, they are dragged threw the mud with allsorts of sh1te! The Irish sure are a funny aul bunch lol

Most other countries hold their religious leaders in high esteem. Our ones hid child abuse too, just like your so-called "revolutionary" leaders.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭Yarf Yarf

I believe her, but I suspect she is being used as a political pawn by people who have no interest in her wellbeing or in getting her justice, but simply in slinging mud at Sinn Fein. The people who are looking at her case as a chance to gain political leverage are incredibly exploitive too. Some very sketchy characters on both sides of this issue as far as I can see and sadly I don't imagine this woman will get what she's looking for at all from this media circus.

I have to say, Irish politics is getting more and more tiresome all the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭Henlars67

It seems now that SF/IRA had at least three child sexual abusers in their ranks.

One question that has been bothering me about Gerry Adams' statement tonight. How come Liam Adams was spared the full force of the IRA policing effort?

There's no evidence to suggest Cahill was a paedo. A Daily Mirror anonymous source isn't going to cut it for anyone with half a brain.

There's no evidence to suggest Cahill was a paedo. A Daily Mirror anonymous source isn't going to cut it for anyone with half a brain.

Right so it goes like this, the Brits owned Cahill after this abuse of 14 yr old and let him sort the arms/Semtex from Gaddafi, yeah seems legit to me lol.

Everyone knows that there are paedophiles in all elements of society, everyone also knows that there were paedophiles in Irish catholic society and also at the upper echelons of UK society (peadophilia in boarding schools and the upper classes, Jimmy Savile et al, politician paedos like Cyril Smith and the ex-Tory minister that cannot be named even though everyone knows who it is, etc) the issue under discussion is whether SF covered up for them and/or dealt inappropriately with complaints that were made.

Do try and keep up, otherwise people might think you're a moronic Sindobot.

I am reading on Twitter that the Provies assassinated Jill Dando on the orders of their M15 controllers because she was about to expose Jimmy Savile and others.

MMKAY, I think that's a conspiracy theory too far for me, much as there's something to be said for thinking outside the box!

Pearse Doherty: "I do believe her in terms of the abuse she received".

Such mealy-mouthed words. Half-belief.

Pearse Doherty is not the only one to give 'mealy-mouthed words' in response to questions that may implicate members of his party.

Ah s.hit, silly me, sorry, I forgot, this is the thread were we lay into Sinn Fein and call them bad peado-protectors (and is no way connected to current polling of SF as compared to, say, FF or FG, or anything of that nature, no, not at all).

Ah s.hit, silly me, sorry, I forgot, this is the thread were we lay into Sinn Fein and call them bad peado-protectors (and is no way connected to current polling of SF as compared to, say, FF or FG, or anything of that nature, no, not at all).

Well in fairness, nobody is saying you cant talk about that stuff.... it seems one of the big issues here for people on boards is every time something bad is said about SF or GA we end up throwing links back in their face saying "look what your guy did"..... its not really a healthy debate or going to clear GA name.

Sir Anthony Blunt was outed as a spy by Margaret Thatcher in the House of Commons in order, it is claimed, to put manners on the senior civil service, but, notably, she did not out him as a child abuser (which he undoubtedly was).

http://news.bbc.co.uk/onthisday/hi/dates/stories/november/16/newsid_3907000/3907233.stm

"Now then, now then!" as a now deceased DJ was fond of remarking.

"What do we have here?"

Well in fairness, nobody is saying you cant talk about that stuff.... it seems one of the big issues here for people on boards is every time something bad is said about SF or GA we end up throwing links back in their face saying "look what your guy did"..... its not really a healthy debate or going to clear GA name.

I'm afraid you're mistaken. I am not a 'Gerry Adams guy'. I am not even a Sinn Fein supporter (I dislike his party for various reasons, most of them too complicated to get into on here, and especially not in this thread. Basically, I think they're opportunistic, but mind you, if so, they're not necessarily any worse than FF or FG.)

I am merely commenting on the utter craven hypocrisy of those who lay into Sinn Fein over child abuse scandals, but stay remarkably silent on issues such as, for example, scandals implicating the Irish and indeed UK establishment during the years of the Troubles (last time I checked, Sinn Fein was not in charge of governance on this isle, north or south, during the many decades that hundreds if not thousands of children were abused and neglected in STATE-RUN orphanages and care homes).

So, while I am not an SF supporter, and don't even particularly like the party, if I see people laying into SF over alleged failings in the areas of child care, while also failing to call out other establishment parties (including one, that last time I checked,was in government for most of our history since independence) on the same issue, then, yep, I'll call those posters out on their cynicism, cheap political opportunism, hypocrisy and double standards - every time.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

duckcfc wrote: »

You're not serious.. Are you?
    What revolution? It was a terrorist campaign and nothing else.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement