Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

More Crap on Adams, Mod Warning in OP.

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,466 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

The BBC Spotlight program where Mairia Cahill was interviewed is now on Youtube for anyone that has yet to watch it - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RldqBnTcmA4

Sinn Féin has serious questions to answer - especially regarding facilitating the escape of Morris from Ireland. It is not good enough to try and claim that this was all part and parcel of the troubles considering the abuse and Kangaroo courts took place post the Good Friday Agreement.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

The BBC Spotlight program where Mairia Cahill was interviewed is now on Youtube for anyone that has yet to watch it - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RldqBnTcmA4

Sinn Féin has serious questions to answer - especially regarding facilitating the escape of Morris from Ireland. It is not good enough to try and claim that this was all part and parcel of the troubles considering the abuse and Kangaroo courts took place post the Good Friday Agreement.

Who is Morris?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,466 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

Who is Morris?

Marty Morris is the person Cahill alleges to have abused her. The IRA had him placed under house arrest but he somehow miraculously escaped in late 2000 just as the Cahill family were starting to make it apparent that they would approach the police to report the abuse. All of this is pretty much an open secret for those of us in the republican movement and has been for some time.

Mairia Cahill 'told Gerry Adams' of IRA rape claim

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭afro man

slightly of track but bbc 2 live now memorial service for ian paisley I never realised how much of family man and what a wonderfull father and marvellous religious person he was :D

Marty Morris is the person Cahill alleges to have abused her. The IRA had him placed under house arrest but he somehow miraculously escaped in late 2000 just as the Cahill family were starting to make it apparent that they would approach the police to report the abuse.

Mairia Cahill 'told Gerry Adams' of IRA rape claim

Will Boards.ie support you in naming him like you just have. Considering he has never been convicted of anything in relation to the alleged rape?

• Advertisement

Will Boards.ie support you in naming him like you just have. Considering he has never been convicted of anything in relation to the alleged rape?

Post reported, I view that as a legal threat.

I am merely commenting on what has been widely reported on in the media over the last week, and Morris has been named in countless publications. I have always said that the abuse is alleged.

Post reported, I view that as a legal threat.

I am merely commenting on what has been widely reported on in the media over the last week, and Morris has been named in countless publications. I have always said that the abuse is alleged.

So you can write what you want as long as "alleged" is put before it?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Berserker

A fine but failed attempt to get the thread closed and the topic swept under the carpet.
    The country is full of idiots who will vote FF back in soon enough.

It'll be FF and SF next time round. FF with all their Celtic tiger baggage and SF, as their side kick, with Adams at the helm. There are more than enough idiots out there to vote both in. It'll be a comical partnership.

So people, how will Adams play this one? I think he will continue to try and follow the approach of his fellow republican Bertie; i.e. deny all and waffle threw it all. I see an awful lot of Bertie in him actually when it come to dealing with allegations.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 25 Johnny Bubble

The shinnerbots are really gone into overdrive on this. Morally disgusting stuff from the fanboys. Deplorable.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 616 ✭✭✭duckcfc

Rightwing wrote: »
    FF are finished. Only an idiot would vote for them. So a niche exists. But SF need to clean up their act. Adams isn't the man for the job.

There's no better man for the job that Gerry. The man has dealt with all sorts of madness thrown at him and he's still holding strong. Many a man would have packed it in years ago. I just hope he gets his day as leader of the country because when he does, you'll see big changes for the working man and that's you and I. Any other party are only in it to syphon the money for themselves and their rich friends. With Adams as our leader that's all going to change and them greedy fucjers know it. That's why they throw everything at the fella but its you fools can't see the bigger picture.

Who is Morris?

13 pages and someone asks who morris is lol. You couldn't make this up. Only in Ireland lol

duckcfc wrote: »
    There's no better man for the job that Gerry. The man has dealt with all sorts of madness thrown at him and he's still holding strong. Many a man would have packed it in years ago. I just hope he gets his day as leader of the country because when he does, you'll see big changes for the working man and that's you and I. Any other party are only in it to syphon the money for themselves and their rich friends. With Adams as our leader that's all going to change and them greedy fucjers know it. That's why they throw everything at the fella but its you fools can't see the bigger picture.

This has really rattled you lot. Let's hope that more allegations like this don't come to the fore over the next while ..............

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭LionelNashe

He should have gotten out gracefully years ago. Sinn Fein's association with the IRA served it's purpose for their political ends, the 'armalite and the ballot box' strategy and all that, but it means that the old Shinners are tainted with the criminality, the bombings, the protection rackets, the cover-ups.

Nobody can prove or is even accusing him of being involved in the interrogation of Mairia Cahill but these things are never going to go away while he & Gerry Kelly & McGuinness etc. are in charge.

13 pages and someone asks who morris is lol. You couldn't make this up. Only in Ireland lol

I don't read Denis o Brien's INM or receive Fianna fail press releases so wouldn't have seen he's name been mentioned.

gunny558 wrote: »
    Talk about thread backfire. Even I know the problem wasnt that they were blaming him for the rape. They were blaming him for covering up and denying knowledge about his brother. When Liam was on the run and republicans were hiding him and authorities looking for him Gerry wouldnt tell where he was. It was a tough spot to be in. Either give up your brother for jail or take a political hiding.....

He was stuck between a rock and a hard place here ffs. Do you think Gerry is going to hand anyone over to the ruc or even his brother. Com on now ffs, show some common sense. Yes this was a dirty awful crime but there isn't a hope in hell I would have done it if I was in Gerry's shoes. This is the God father of Irish Republicanism handing someone over to the enemy let alone his brother!

He was stuck between a rock and a hard place here ffs. Do you think Gerry is going to hand anyone over to the ruc or even his brother. Com on now ffs, show some common sense. Yes this was a dirty awful crime but there isn't a hope in hell I would have done it if I was in Gerry's shoes. This is the God father of Irish Republicanism handing someone over to the enemy let alone his brother!

So, what about the victim? To hell with her, is it?

He should have gotten out gracefully years ago. Sinn Fein's association with the IRA served it's purpose for their political ends, the 'armalite and the ballot box' strategy and all that, but it means that the old Shinners are tainted with the criminality, the bombings, the protection rackets, the cover-ups.

Nobody can prove or is even accusing him of being involved in the interrogation of Mairia Cahill but these things are never going to go away while he & Gerry Kelly & McGuinness etc. are in charge.

The job isn't finished though so why would he get out. There's a united Ireland still to be achieved and also to change the face of the dirty stinking system of Irish politics down here and give back more to the working man. Do you seriously think getting out gracefully years ago even entered this mans head with the final outcome not achieved. This man has gave his whole life for the Irish people, quite a lot seem to forget this! He isn't, nor has been ever in it for vested interests like other political leaders. Again, you people seem to forget this. He's in it for the likes of you and i. Who else's has gone the test of time like Adams without much financial gain. He's in the same mould as great leaders as fiedel Castro, Hugo Chavez's, che etc.... but its you people can't see this because of right wing politicians/media

Berserker wrote: »
    So, what about the victim? To hell with her, is it?

That would have been dealt with internally. It wasn't a normal society up there during the troubles remember. Im not saying that dealt with internally was right if we ever find out what it was but its the best they could do in their situation. It's well and good you people down here saying this and that should have been done but not one of you understand the situation at the time.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

The job isn't finished though so why would he get out. There's a united Ireland still to be achieved and also to change the face of the dirty stinking system of Irish politics down here and give back more to the working man. Do you seriously think getting out gracefully years ago even entered this mans head with the final outcome not achieved. This man has gave his whole life for the Irish people, quite a lot seem to forget this! He isn't, nor has been ever in it for vested interests like other political leaders. Again, you people seem to forget this. He's in it for the likes of you and i. Who else's has gone the test of time like Adams without much financial gain. He's in the same mould as great leaders as fiedel Castro, Hugo Chavez's, che etc.... but its you people can't see this because of right wing politicians/media

Don't ever think he's in politics for me. He's not.

Of course we all know* he's not, nor ever has been in the ira and he never protected rapists or murders. In fact he should be canonised for all the good he's done us over the years.

So he's in the same mould as chavez,,, a dictator, corrupt, wealthy and willing to kill his
    opponents. I'm glad we agree on something at least:)

*disclaimer - these views don't necessarily represent the views of the writer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭LionelNashe

He should get out and leave it for the next generation, that's why. He's contaminated, and now you see Mary Lou MacDonald and the likes having to respond to journalists about stuff that he's being accused of, to the point that they're contaminated as well. He's a liability now for Sinn Fein.

Don't ever think he's in politics for me. He's not.

Of course we all know* he's not, nor ever has been in the ira and he never protected rapists or murders. In fact he should be canonised for all the good he's done us over the years.

So he's in the same mould as chavez,,, a dictator, corrupt, wealthy and willing to kill his
    opponents. I'm glad we agree on something at least:)

*disclaimer - these views don't necessarily represent the views of the writer.

I see you fall for all the western corporate media then. You need to do more research on them leaders before you spout such crap. If Chavez's was such a bad leader then how come the man had millions, yes that's right millions at his funeral!

He should get out and leave it for the next generation, that's why. He's contaminated, and now you see Mary Lou MacDonald and the likes having to respond to journalists about stuff that he's being accused of, to the point that they're contaminated as well. He's a liability now for Sinn Fein.

Gerry will see off all them leaders from opposing political parties for another decade atleat!

That would have been dealt with internally. It wasn't a normal society up there during the troubles remember.

The nut of the issue is that the internal inquiry was nothing short of a Kangaroo court. Cahill has made it quite clear that she felt the IRA were putting pressure on her to withdraw the allegations and basically just shutup. She was subjected to countless meetings and was even forced to confront the man that allegedly raped her. When the family wanted to go to the police they were threatened. When it looked possible that they would actually go to the police they let Morris back out into the public and aided his escape. Just think about that, an alleged sexual abuser allowed back out on the streets. The IRA & Sinn Féin tried their hardest to ground Cahill down so that the issue would just go away. Well that has not worked.

Yes you make a very valid point about it not being a normal society, especially when it came to co-operation with the police. However it was 2000 when Cahill wanted to go to the police to report the issue and not the 1970's as you would make it seem.

The whole incident shows us that in 2000 the IRA & Sinn Féin were willing to coverup sexual abuse when it was one of their own accused, and the IRA abused the power that it had to achieve this. It did exactly what the Catholic Church did when it tried to coverup sexual abuse - all to protect the institution that is the IRA. Personally I don't think sexual abusers should ever be allowed escape justice. And what's worse is that the actions of the Sinn Féin leadership this week have shown us that the exact same mentality - protect the organization at all costs - prevails today. And that is dangerous.

Sinn Féin need to acknowledge that wrong was done and acknowledge that the way Cahill - and others - have been treated by Kangaroo IRA courts was an absolute disgrace. It did nothing to benefit the Republican Movement. It is only then that those that were abused can get some proper justice and peace of mind.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,499 ✭✭✭porsche959

Lengthy statement from Gerry Adams.

http://leargas.blogspot.ie/2014/10/how-republicans-dealt-with-allegations.html

Whatever one thinks of Sinn Fein, interesting to note speed with which Adams came foward with statement.

Stark contrast to David Cameron who I understand has yet to respond to this letter from Mark Reckless MP (and yes, it is relevant):

http://theneedleblog.wordpress.com/2014/07/13/mark-reckless-letter-to-pm-on-whips-child-abuse-inquiry/

porsche959 wrote: »
    You will be told it is not relevant.

It is of course highly relevant - as it is clear there are those who have no interest in the issue of child abuse except when they can use it for political advantage.

You mean Fianna fail don't you?

• Advertisement

You mean Fianna fail don't you?

Not necessarily just Fianna Fail. Basically people who take a pro-establishment line and are either blind to, or knowingly go long with, the agenda of certain anti-peace process/securocrat types in the Dublin media.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement