Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

More Crap on Adams, Mod Warning in OP.

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

porsche959 wrote: »
    Not necessarily just Fianna Fail. Basically people who take a pro-establishment line and are either blind to, or knowingly go long with, the agenda of certain anti-peace process/securocrat types in the Dublin media.

Ah you mean Denis o Brien's INM ie The Independent

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,499 ✭✭✭porsche959

Ah you mean Denis o Brien's INM ie The Independent

Some churnalists with that group, yes, not necessarily all. Of course they were all planted there under O'Reilly's regime and are still shilling away under the O'Brien regime! O'Brien didn't really rock the boat when he took over except to sideline a few journalists that had been critical of him personally.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

"The IRA have left the scene "

Maíria alleges she was raped, and that the IRA conducted an investigation into this. The IRA has long since left the scene so there is no corporate way of verifying this but it must be pointed out that this allegation was subject to a police investigation, charges were brought against some republicans who strenuously denied Maíria's allegations. They insist they tried to help her. 

That says alot really IR who ? Ah sure nobody's heard from them in years .The ira were mediators in disputes

• Registered Users Posts: 9,370 ✭✭✭Phoebas

duckcfc wrote: »
    Gerry will see off all them leaders from opposing political parties for another decade atleat!

Isn't it a bit bizarre that the party has the same leader for decade after decade after decade.
    He must be absolutely brilliant.

Phoebas wrote: »
    Isn't it a bit bizarre that the party has the same leader for decade after decade after decade.
    He must be absolutely brilliant.

Are you referring to the party that this man was leader of, or is it some other party:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/%C3%89amon_de_Valera

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,370 ✭✭✭Phoebas

Are you referring to the party that this man was leader ....

Have a read of the thread title.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,727 ✭✭✭✭Godge

Happyman42 wrote: »
    By dropping her case against the alleged rapist she has done her case and her chance of justice tremendous harm.
    This will just become another round of hurling unproveable allegations.
    I know a Siobhan O'Hanlon (her cousin) is involved in this, is Ellis O'Hanlon related and involved in this too?
    She is doing an awful lot of tweeting about it.
    Henlars67 wrote: »
    Siobhan (RIP) is Eilis' sister. Their mother was Joe Cahill's sister.

Siobhán and Eilis didn't speak, even after Siobhan was diagnosed with terminal cancer.

Eilis is a bitter woman with an axe to grind
    I had forgotten about the O'Hanlon connection, the real picture is emerging now.
    She seems to be very much behind Maria in this. Interesting.
    maccored wrote: »
    Why would he lie though? And why is it in the media now, years after the court case - which she pulled out of? I dont understand that.
    I think you may have some facts wrong here.
    Adams doesn't deny he discussed the issue...it is her version of the discussion that he disagrees with.
    Heat_Wave wrote: »
    Her story did not add up.

She claimed that he raped her several times over the course of 1/2 years. When Vincent asked why she didn't leave the house, her response was 'I was protecting the other children. If he didn't rape me, he'd rape them' - what a weird mentality to have.

She also said she used to lay on the couch and he would come up behind her and rape her, all the while she continued to be asleep. She said this pattern of abuse would repeat itself. - Why would you pretend to be asleep?

There was something about her which I found to be quite disturbing to watch. I am with Adams on this one.
    This might sound stupid, on VB last night she said that she stayed to protect the children in his flat or house, who were these children. Were they his or who's.
    In fairness, she had a chance for that and for whatever reason didn't take it.
    Whatever else happens with the road she has decided on, 'justice' won't be one of the achievements sadly.
    As for the op and the people bashing adams, its all well and good saying all what's been said in hindsight but back then, there was a war on and the RUC couldn't be trusted by no one. As for the IRAs kangaroo courts, you have to look atbit from their perspective, she could have been lying and it isnt the first time a girl has came out and lied about rapes. For all they know she could be sent to say these allegations by handlers in the special branch.

Now in 2014 its OK to say Adams was wrong in how he dealt with it, so what, we all make mistakes in life and he was a man with quite alit of pressure in him. He is the god father of Irish Republicanism ffs and anyone who doesn't think there's someone pulling this girls strings is a fool IMO! As for the girl herself, something seems fishy about her to be totally honest with you all.
    Seems very fishy to me.
    I personally think Mairia Cahill is genuine but she is possibly being used by forces that don't necessarily have her best interests (or those of any abuse victims) at heart. Just my 2c.

Don't forget there are some rather strange people writing for the Sindo that hate the fact there even is a peace process in the first place. Every single positive development in the peace process, they criticised.
    why did she collapse legal proceedings and is now meeting with politicians like Enda and Robinson? What does she want? Hardly justice otherwise she would not have collapsed the legal process
    Seems like a vulnerable woman being taken advantage of by micheal martin and Denis o Brien's INM to score a few political points!
    tipptom wrote: »
    Its puzzling why her ire seems to be concentrated on Gerry Adams now,why is it not directed on her attacker who she still has a chance of bringing to court and then she could have got Gerry Adams role in this out in the open in a court which she seems to want more than anything now.

The fact that this girl has gone to the likes of Michael Martin and Eilish o Hanlon who is involved with the Sindependant and all that entails(harrises,ex Harrises,Fannings exFannings and all who were against peace agreements in NI and have never got over the fact that they were wrong that arms would be given up and that an agreement could be reached and put out articles about SF at the time in their paper to deliberately upset talks) is very strange route to take and I would say Charlie Flannagan and Joan Burton are raging that they didn't get their opportunity to make political capital out of this girls case.

Who's agendas are we working towards here because it certainly does not seem to be for taking an alleged rapist to justice.
    tipptom wrote: »
    Where is the hachet job,because I called her a girl,get real?
    Because I asked what was her agenda in going to Michael Martin and and the usual political opponents of SF instead of going to someone who is impartial and genuine abought her plight who would advise her to go after her alleged rapist attacker and then she would get her chance to expose GA.
    What is the "sick" quote about and why are you are trying to insinuate something that isn't there to justify that comment to suit your prejudice's
    Im not surprised that you as a moderater on boards cannot see the hostile media bias agenda against SF because I see it every day here on boards from a mostly hostile anti SF moderaters who let anti SF posters away with comments that are not tolerated from posters who stand up for them because of their own prejuidices.
    I couldn't agree more.

But something stinks about by his story, and I don't think its Adams!

Is there a record for the highest number of misogynist posts on one thread in the Politics Forum?

The above posts, in my opinion, either suggest or imply that the woman (women if you include O'Hanlon) is either lying or is using her sexual abuse for political ends.

But, isn't that always the way. She secretly enjoyed it, she asked for it, she is lying about it, they always find a way to blame the woman. Default reaction isn't it, it can't be true, somehow the woman is to blame.

The Church denied it, the friends of Jimmy Saville denied it, but they covered it up, they accused those of seeking justice of having an agenda. We are seeing history repeat itself but this time it is SF/IRA doing the covering-up and the hatchet job on those brave enough to stand up and confront the abusers. Are we mature enough as a society this time to face what went on. Are the likes of Gerry Adams and the rest able to admit their wrong without it having to be found out bit by bit.

As the week went on, Dessie Ellis admitted there were kangaroo courts, Mary Lou admitted that she believed Cahill had been abused. How long before the admission that everything else is true is forthcoming?

http://leargas.blogspot.ie/2014/10/how-republicans-dealt-with-allegations.html

"Maíria alleges she was raped, and that the IRA conducted an investigation into this. The IRA has long since left the scene so there is no corporate way of verifying this but it must be pointed out that this allegation was subject to a police investigation, charges were brought against some republicans who strenuously denied Maíria's allegations"

This is not good enough. It is the same as the Church saying that they destroyed the files. In fact, there is a similar situation. Many of the records of those abused by the Church were lost but the Child Abuse Commission dealt with this.

SF/IRA should call on all those who were members of the IRA to come forward and provide details to the authorities of all investigations into child abuse.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭maccored

read my post again then, since you completely and utterly missed the point I was raising in the quote of mine you used.
    Godge wrote: »
    Is there a record for the highest number of misogynist posts on one thread in the Politics Forum?

The above posts, in my opinion, either suggest or imply that the woman (women if you include O'Hanlon) is either lying or is using her sexual abuse for political ends.

But, isn't that always the way. She secretly enjoyed it, she asked for it, she is lying about it, they always find a way to blame the woman. Default reaction isn't it, it can't be true, somehow the woman is to blame.

The Church denied it, the friends of Jimmy Saville denied it, but they covered it up, they accused those of seeking justice of having an agenda. We are seeing history repeat itself but this time it is SF/IRA doing the covering-up and the hatchet job on those brave enough to stand up and confront the abusers. Are we mature enough as a society this time to face what went on. Are the likes of Gerry Adams and the rest able to admit their wrong without it having to be found out bit by bit.

As the week went on, Dessie Ellis admitted there were kangaroo courts, Mary Lou admitted that she believed Cahill had been abused. How long before the admission that everything else is true is forthcoming?

maccored wrote: »
    read my post again then, since you completely and utterly missed the point I was raising in the quote of mine you used.

You attributed a malign motive to her bringing it into the media now.

If you knew anything about child sexual abuse, you would know that it takes years to come to terms with it, much longer to be able to stand up for your rights and that when you get treated badly, intimidated and disbelieved along the way, it is twice as hard.

• Advertisement

In the series of quoted posts that you claim are misogynistic, I note that you have included a post of mine. You also allege that the posts you quoted imply that the alleged victim "is either lying or is using her sexual abuse for political ends."

Your assertion in respect of my post is thoroughly false and defamatory of me, and I demand that you retract your assertion.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭Henlars67

I see you quoted me there.

I believe she was abused.

I believe that the IRA held their own internal investigation, I also believe that was wrong.

I do not believe that SF covered up the abuse, as nothing in any of her interviews suggest that to be the case.

In the series of quoted posts that you claim are misogynistic, I note that you have included a post of mine. You also allege that the posts you quoted imply that the alleged victim "is either lying or is using her sexual abuse for political ends."

Your assertion in respect of my post is thoroughly false and defamatory of me, and I demand that you retract your assertion.

Sorry, you suggest she genuine but is being used by other forces that don't have her own interests at heart.

Maria Cahill is the one who went public with this. Nobody could force her to do this. She had run out of alternative ways to get justice. This must be incredibly difficult for her to do and takes a huge amount of courage and conviction. In suggesting she is being used (and consequently unable to see through the manipulation), you are suggesting that she is too weak to see this.

Just like saying that those bringing the accusations against Jimmy Saville are being manipulated by others seeking to get money from his estate.

I see you quoted me there.

I believe she was abused.

I believe that the IRA held their own internal investigation, I also believe that was wrong.

I do not believe that SF covered up the abuse, as nothing in any of her interviews suggest that to be the case.

"Eilis is a bitter woman with an axe to grind".

Think you blamed a woman there.

Sorry, you suggest she genuine but is being used by other forces that don't have her own interests at heart.

Maria Cahill is the one who went public with this. Nobody could force her to do this. She had run out of alternative ways to get justice. This must be incredibly difficult for her to do and takes a huge amount of courage and conviction. In suggesting she is being used (and consequently unable to see through the manipulation), you are suggesting that she is too weak to see this.

Just like saying that those bringing the accusations against Jimmy Saville are being manipulated by others seeking to get money from his estate.

I do not accept my post was misogynistic, however in the interests of freedom of speech on the internet, which is currently under threat from powerful vested interests, I will not take this matter further.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Berserker

What about Gerry Adams?

O'Hanlon isn't the victim here, in case you didn't know.

Her gender is irrelevant in this

Berserker wrote: »
    What about Gerry Adams?

She has never alleged that he had any involvement in the internal investigation

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,006 ✭✭✭donfers

ha ha I've seen it all now - is misogyny now "blaming a woman for something"? By god does that definition stretch a long way - fair play to you!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 616 ✭✭✭duckcfc

SF/IRA should call on all those who were members of the IRA to come forward and provide details to the authorities of all investigations into child abuse.

And what if they tell him to go fcuk! Which many of them will do because the structure of the IRA has been dismantled

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,070 ✭✭✭Xenophile

Sinn Féin president Gerry Adams has described how the IRA acted as a police force in many nationalists areas in Northern Ireland during the Troubles.

How would he know as he was never a member of the IRA!

The Forum on Spirituality has been closed for years. Please bring it back, there are lots of Spiritual people in Ireland and elsewhere.

Xenophile wrote: »
    Sinn Féin president Gerry Adams has described how the IRA acted as a police force in many nationalists areas in Northern Ireland during the Troubles.

I was never a member of the IRA and I could describe instances how they acted as a police force

Oh dear. This one's about to backfire on certain parties' faces.

Front page of Daily Mirror tomorrow.

We will see soon who is genuinely campaigning for justice for CSA victims and who is exploiting the issue for opportunistic/party political reasons.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

Xenophile wrote: »

The humour is strong in this one! Ever considered a journalism career with the indo?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

We will see soon who is genuinely campaigning for justice for CSA victims and who is exploiting the issue for opportunistic/party political reasons.

Any chance of a link?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

Have you got a link please? An educated guess would be Kenny and m.martin.

davycc wrote: »
    Have you got a link please? An educated guess would be Kenny and m.martin.

No, this is bigger than silly little party political games in Leinister House.

There is a lot more going on behind the scenes than people realise. Particularly people (and I don't mean you) who rely on their news and views from the likes of the Sunday Independent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭gunny558

Emm... it says theres a paedophile IRA chief... who is it? Is this the same guy that allegedly raped Cahil? Or this is a different IRA lad?

EDIT: Just after looking at the fine print... this lad raped a 14 year old girl. The Cahil girl was 16 when she was raped. Which leaves me wondering? You say this cahil story has backfired... because of a whole different rape emerging? I dont see the link???

• Advertisement

gunny558 wrote: »
    Emm... it says theres a paedophile IRA chief... who is it? Is this the same guy that allegedly raped Cahil? Or this is a different IRA lad?

They seem to be saying Cahill was himself a child abuser and was blackmailed by British state security.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement