Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

More Crap on Adams, Mod Warning in OP.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,476 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

duckcfc wrote: »
    There was a war on!! Changed times now and to make another point, the IRA just didn't go out to target unarmed gardai for fun. They're deaths shouldn't have happened but the fact is, there was a war on and some gardai just got in the way.

But if an unarmed IRA "soldier" was shot by the SAS it was suddenly a shoot to kill policy "but the fact is, there was a war on and some just got in the way" works both ways.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,727 ✭✭✭✭Godge

Happyman42 wrote: »
    Did you read GA's statement or just cherrypick the bits that 'appall' you?
    He deals with all of that fairly comprehensively.
    Nobody should be dealing with this stuff in the media. What is required is that people who have issues or complaints bring them to the proper authorities and have them forensically and properly examined.

I didn't see any destinations or names in Gerry's statement.

His statement raises more questions than answers.

The Cahill case may only be the tip of the iceberg. Last week Gerry was saying "if there was an IRA investigation, that was wrong". This week Gerry is able to tell us there were lots of IRA investigations and people were shot and expelled. With a bit of luck he can tell us more next week and we might eventually get to the bottom of this story.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 616 ✭✭✭duckcfc

gallag wrote: »
    yet the IRA/SF Killed more catholics/nationalists than the UVF, UDA or the British Security Forces. Did they actually make things any better? The only thing we can say is there would certainly be more catholics alive today if the IRA didn't exist. I would have imagined moggy or major would have helped a UI become possible were it not for the blood thirsty IRA.

Maggie and major would have helped bring a UI if it wasn't for the IRA, you my friend have just gave me one of the funniest things I've read on the internet in quite awhile. Now can you tell me what you base that crap on all while the Irish would still be 2nd class citizens in a dirty orange state. And what about Paisley and his mob, do you think they would have agreed with tgem .

Did SF and the IRA make things better for the Catholics up north, you can bet your balls they did. The place is totally recognizable up there now. I remember that war and would hate my people to go through any of it again and I'm proud of men like Adams and the IRA who rose up against it. Many men like yourself wouldn't have the balls and would lie down and just accept the status quo.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,664 ✭✭✭✭maccored

If that seriously is news to you, then maybe you shouldnt be having any more conversations about what happened in the north until you educate yourself a bit on the subject.
    Godge wrote: »
    This week Gerry is able to tell us there were lots of IRA investigations and people were shot and expelled.

Not according to this - http://www.wesleyjohnston.com/users/ireland/past/troubles/troubles_stats.html#community

If you add the combined loyalist killings of catholics, they far exceed that of the IRA. Plus SF never shot anyone.
    gallag wrote: »
    yet the IRA/SF Killed more catholics/nationalists than the UVF, UDA or the British Security Forces. Did they actually make things any better? The only thing we can say is there would certainly be more catholics alive today if the IRA didn't exist. I would have imagined moggy or major would have helped a UI become possible were it not for the blood thirsty IRA.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

maccored wrote: »
    Denying gossip. Oh what a terrible man he is.

You see, this is the head in the sand attitude that will hold SF back.

• Site Banned Posts: 25 Johnny Bubble

I see the big unit MLMcD is being forced into some serious climb down.

If that seriously is news to you, then maybe you shouldnt be having any more conversations about what happened in the north until you educate yourself a bit on the subject.

It wasn't news to me, but it was news to Gerry.

Last week he said in relation to Maria Cahill "If there was an IRA investigation, that was wrong". This week there are loads of them and sex offenders have been shot and expelled. Thing is, we don't know where they are now.

The party is the real 'problem', lets not kid ourselves. If it wasn't allegations about GA it would be something else.
    Some people can be bought and influenced by the media, that is why powerful people buy newspapers and TV stations.

And again, this idea there's no independent thinking in Ireland. "If you're not with us, you're only against us because the meeja told you to".

It wasnt news to gerry. he was trying to explain how things were to those who have no understanding of it.
    It wasn't news to me, but it was news to Gerry.

Last week he said in relation to Maria Cahill "If there was an IRA investigation, that was wrong". This week there are loads of them and sex offenders have been shot and expelled. Thing is, we don't know where they are now.

• Advertisement

So the claims he's lying about IRA membership isnt gossip? Its fact? And you can prove that?

if not, what are you talking about with 'this head in the sand attitude'?
    ThisRegard wrote: »
    You see, this is the head in the sand attitude that will hold SF back.

It wasnt news to gerry. he was trying to explain how things were to those who have no understanding of it.

http://www.newstalk.com/Mairia-Cahill-on-Gerry-Adams:-I-am-calling-for-him-to-do-the-decent-thing-and-step-down

Here is Mairia explaining how things were to those who have no understanding of it.

Maybe someone could explain child sexual abuse and how things are in relation to that to Gerry Adams and he might show a bit of compassion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,101 ✭✭✭Rightwing

Adams needs to go. SF can be the dominant force in Irish politics, but not with Adams at the helm. Too much dirt from the past + he is as incapable a politician as is out there, and there are damn bad ones out there.

?

whats that got to do with how the IRA dealt with issues? and who is denying child sex abuse took place?
    http://www.newstalk.com/Mairia-Cahill-on-Gerry-Adams:-I-am-calling-for-him-to-do-the-decent-thing-and-step-down

Here is Mairia explaining how things were to those who have no understanding of it.

Maybe someone could explain child sexual abuse and how things are in relation to that to Gerry Adams and he might show a bit of compassion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,066 ✭✭✭✭Happyman42

I didn't see any destinations or names in Gerry's statement.

So Gerry should start publicly outing people who where 'alleged' to be abusers and rapists?

In defence of her Uncle Joe, Maria Cahill just said on Sean O'Rourke...'If there is no victim, there is no crime'
    So until victims come forward to the proper authorities (as Adams says) then there is not much that can be done on that score. Maria can still go to the proper authorities with her allegations and the 'irrefutable evidence' she says she has but nobody that I know of has seen.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,750 ✭✭✭✭josip

Dessie "112lbs of Explosives" Ellis manning the parapet now.
    http://www.rte.ie/news/2014/1020/653455-mairia-cahill/
    Wouldn't Sinn Fein be better off letting members who don't have blood under their fingernails, make the media announcements?

So Gerry should start publicly outing people who where 'alleged' to be abusers and rapists?

In defence of her Uncle Joe, Maria Cahill just said on Sean O'Rourke...'If there is no victim, there is no crime'
    So until victims come forward to the proper authorities (as Adams says) then there is not much that can be done on that score. Maria can still go to the proper authorities with her allegations and the 'irrefutable evidence' she says she has but nobody that I know of has seen.

What is this about ?

ThisRegard wrote: »
    And again, this idea there's no independent thinking in Ireland. "If you're not with us, you're only against us because the meeja told you to".

There has been no convictions on any of the 'allegations' over the years. Yet 'independent' thinkers believe them anyway? :confused:

Editor|: 'Shouldn't that read 'Independent readers Happyman42?' :rolleyes:

Rightwing wrote: »
    What is this about ?

She was asked about 'allegations' about her Uncle Joe Cahill in this morning's newspapers.

great uncle

• Advertisement

She was asked about 'allegations' about her Uncle Joe Cahill in this morning's newspapers.

I'm not really familiar with any of this, what are the allegations?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭Barely There

duckcfc wrote: »
    There was a war on!!

There wasn't a war on - it really doesn't matter how many exclamation points you add, you're just not going to make it true.

Love the way this line is constantly trotted out by SF/IRA to try to justify the atrocities carried out by them over 3 decades of murder and mayhem.

I've great admiration for the actions of the SDLP who worked within the existing political establishment to engender real social change. The IRA murdered, bombed, maimed, robbed, and raped innocent people over a prolonged period of time without justification and achieved the grand total of fcuk all.

That's the reality.

Time for the Shinnerbots to admit it to themselves.

Adams is a busted flush and SF are forever tainted to the majority of Irish people.

Your reality doesnt match with the reality I had growing up during it

There wasn't a war on - it really doesn't matter how many exclamation points you add, you're just not going to make it true.

Love the way this line is constantly trotted out by SF/IRA to try to justify the atrocities carried out by them over 3 decades of murder and mayhem.

I've great admiration for the actions of the SDLP who worked within the existing political establishment to engender real social change. The IRA murdered, bombed, maimed, robbed, and raped innocent people over a prolonged period of time without justification and achieved the grand total of fcuk all.

That's the reality.

Adams is a busted flush and SF are forever tainted to the majority of Irish people.

That's the reality.

Current economic matters trumps any matters from the past. This is why SF are rising and the other parties are very worried.

josip wrote: »
    Dessie "112lbs of Explosives" Ellis manning the parapet now.
    http://www.rte.ie/news/2014/1020/653455-mairia-cahill/
    Wouldn't Sinn Fein be better off letting members who don't have blood under their fingernails, make the media announcements?

You know things are bad when you have people like him being rolled out. I'd say some of the newer, and those would be seen as more respectable, members wouldn't want to touch this with a barge pole. Pearse Doherty would rightly feel he was stitched up yesterday.

They need to clear the decks of anyone with a murky past, starting with Adams.

So all of those people who were kneecapped, shot and expelled from the North by SF/IRA are only "alleged" to have been drug dealers, abusers, burglars, car thieves and rapists?

Can they sue Uncle Joe's estate, and the two Martins and Dessie as acknowledged members of the IRA for damage to their reputation and for compensation?

If the IRA administered justice in Northern Ireland as Gerry Adams claimed - "In many republican areas the community put pressure on the IRA - which sprang from and was sustained by the community - to fill this policing vacuum." "However, the IRA often punished petty criminals, car thieves, burglars and drug dealers" - why can't they name who they punished and why they were punished??

Given "the high standards and decency of the vast majority of IRA volunteers", this should be possible as the high standards and decency would mean they would be willing to come forward. Or maybe the standards and decency aren't so high after all?

Do you, hand on heart, think the IRA kept logs and records or something? Otherwise, who would have recorded the info in regards the who, what and where? Nevermind his 'claims' are true ... there's no arguing about that part (or at least there shouldnt be as thats what happened)
    So all of those people who were kneecapped, shot and expelled from the North by SF/IRA are only "alleged" to have been drug dealers, abusers, burglars, car thieves and rapists?

Can they sue Uncle Joe's estate, and the two Martins and Dessie as acknowledged members of the IRA for damage to their reputation and for compensation?

If the IRA administered justice in Northern Ireland as Gerry Adams claimed - "In many republican areas the community put pressure on the IRA - which sprang from and was sustained by the community - to fill this policing vacuum." "However, the IRA often punished petty criminals, car thieves, burglars and drug dealers" - why can't they name who they punished and why they were punished??

Given "the high standards and decency of the vast majority of IRA volunteers", this should be possible as the high standards and decency would mean they would be willing to come forward. Or maybe the standards and decency aren't so high after all?

SF are forever tainted to the majority of Irish people.

You might have some traction with that theory if it where not for the fact that SF where not the biggest nationalist party in NI and powersharing as equals in a formerly sectarian state and growing year on year in the South.

Do you, hand on heart, think the IRA kept logs and records or something? Otherwise, who would have recorded the info in regards the who, what and where? Nevermind his 'claims' are true ... there's no arguing about that part (or at least there shouldnt be as thats what happened)

So they administered kneecapping, punishment beatings, shootings and expelling without keeping the minimum record? I am not surprised by that but that doesn't accord with a statement that lauds "the high standards and decency of the vast majority of IRA volunteers".

Either there was high standards and decency which means records were kept and there are decent people who can come forward with those record. Or else there was low standards and a lack of decency and people were beaten, shot and expelled for little evidence or reason. SF/IRA can't have it both ways.

• Advertisement

You might have some traction with that theory if it where not for the fact that SF where not the biggest nationalist party in NI and powersharing as equals in a formerly sectarian state and growing year on year in the South.

Sinn Fein north and south are two different parties, often with opposing views to each other, with a completely different background. They might as well be two different political parties.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement