Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Negative effects of smoking forms of cannabis

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Rory28

Laois6556 wrote: »
    I really don't care what selfish drug users think.

Selfish? Why selfish?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 624 ✭✭✭Laois6556

up to the minute research shows that 57% of all boards users are 25 times more likely to have eaten cornflakes this morning, than a 22% cross section of widows with the surname O'Neil. FACT.

The truth is there for all to see.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,277 ✭✭✭DamagedTrax

Rory28 wrote: »
    Selfish? Why selfish?

i think i ate all the biscuits once.. but i was stoned at the time so im absolved anyway.

The truth is there for all to see.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Young people who smoke cannabis regularly are 60 percent less likely to finish school or get a degree than those who have never used the drug.

New research also shows teenagers who use cannabis daily are 18 times more likely to become dependent and are 8 times more likely to use other drugs in later life.

Details of the review of almost 4-thousand cannabis users, also found that daily users in their teens are 7 times more prone to suicide attempts.

Wow,who would have though that if you have a home life in which a teenager is able to do cannabis on a daily basis then that is not very likely to be the best home environment for education or personal development.

Seems like a good reason to regulate cannabis if you ask me.

Tell me Laois6556, just before your life took a downward spiral as a teenager, did the bad man selling you cannabis ask you for ID?

• Advertisement

Selfish? Why selfish?

They want it legalised for their own comfort, not thinking of other people who will suffer if they succeed.

mikom wrote: »
    Tell me Laois6556, just before your life took a downward spiral as a teenager, did the bad man selling you cannabis ask you for ID?

if he'd smoked a decent crop he'd probably be singing the praises now. another case for regulation.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

They want it legalised for their own comfort, not thinking of other people who will suffer if they succeed.

:pac::pac::pac:

The people you are saying will suffer are already suffering in the system we have now.

Are you trolling or just dense?

The people you are saying will suffer are already suffering in the system we have now.

Are you trolling or just dense?

An Incredibly bad troll or Incredibly dense you mean? :pac:

He's only back now cause he's forgotten the slaps on the wrists he's gotten on this thread for terrible terrible trolling already

• Advertisement

Whaaaaaa!!

Wow,who would have though that if you have a home life in which a teenager is able to do cannabis on a daily basis then that is not very likely to be the best home environment for education or personal development.

Seems like a good reason to regulate cannabis if you ask me.

Teenagers who smoke dope regularly are at double the risk of being diagnosed with schizophrenia or reporting psychotic symptoms in adulthood.

Teenage cannabis smokers do worse at school achieving poorer exam result.

Regular cannabis smokers have a higher risk of developing chronic bronchitis and if they continue into middle age probably increases the risk of myocardial infarction, a heart problem.

actually i want it legalised for many reasons, the least of all being my own. i have a supply of natural product that isnt going anywhere and with no intention of ever selling it to anyone, im failing to see why my reasons are selfish?

clean fresh product for everyone that is eligible
    less kids locked up with rapists/murderers
    boost for the economy

they seem pretty selfless if you ask me.

Why, oh why, do people actually keep thinking he's serious :confused:

Cormac... wrote: »
    Why, oh why, do people actually keep thinking he's serious :confused:

i know, i'd forgotten who it was.. i remember now :)

Teenagers who smoke dope regularly are at double the risk of being diagnosed with schizophrenia or reporting psychotic symptoms in adulthood.

Regular cannabis smokers have a higher risk of developing chronic bronchitis and if they continue into middle age probably increases the risk of myocardial infarction, a heart problem.

Same question. Are you trolling?

You keep repeating this like it has any weight. Teenagers should not smoke drugs. We agree on that. It being legal would not cause an increase in teenage smokers and could possibly even lead to a reduction.

Cheers for the quotes from The Irish Mirror.
    Always a good sign when the publication you are quoting substitutes the word "dope" for "cannabis".

Same question. Are you trolling?

Yes, yes he is, badly, in fact he has been since page 5 of this thread. In fact for someone with so few posts, its actually kind of funny now how much time and effort he spends "contributing to" (trolling) this thread.

It's the only one he seems to get a reaction out of. Go have a look at his profile if you doubt me, it's worryingly low on informed discourse on the subject of cannibas usage. Also he has a sob story some pages back that was just too priceless :D

Cormac... wrote: »
    Yes, yes he is, badly, in fact he has been since page 5 of this thread. In fact for someone with so few posts, its actually kind of funny now how much time and effort he spends "contributing to" (trolling) this thread.

It's the only one he seems to get a reaction out of. Go have a look at his profile if you doubt me, it's worryingly low on informed discourse on the subject of cannibas usage. Also he has a sob story some pages back that was just too priceless :D

So he is on the ignore list then.

Gotcha and thanks. Saved me a headache.

Cheers for the quotes from The Irish Mirror.
    Always a good sign when the publication you are quoting substitutes the word "dope" for "cannabis".

• Even hardcore smokers can become anxious, panicky, suspicious or paranoid.
    • Cannabis affects your co-ordination, which is one of the reasons why drug driving, like drink driving, is illegal.
    • Some people think cannabis is harmless because it’s a plant, but it isn’t harmless. Cannabis, like tobacco, has lots of chemical 'nasties', which, with long-term or heavy use, can cause lung disease and possibly cancer. The risk is greater because cannabis is often mixed with tobacco and smoked without a filter. It can also make asthma worse, and cause wheezing in people without asthma.
    • Cannabis itself can affect many different systems in the body, including the heart. It increases the heart rate and can affect blood pressure.
    • If you have a history of mental health problems, taking cannabis is not a good idea. It can cause paranoia in the short term, but in those with a pre-existing psychotic illness, such as schizophrenia, it can contribute to relapse.
    • If you use cannabis and have a family background of mental illness, such as schizophrenia, you may be at increased risk of developing a psychotic illness.
    • It is reported that frequent use of cannabis can cut a man's sperm count and reduce sperm motility. It can suppress ovulation in women and so may affect fertility.
    • If you’re pregnant, smoking cannabis frequently may increase the risk of the baby being born smaller than expected.
    • Regular, heavy use of cannabis makes it difficult to learn and concentrate. Some people begin to feel tired all the time and can't seem to get motivated.
    • Some users buy strong herbal cannabis (also known as skunk) to get ‘a bigger high’. Unpleasant reactions can be more powerful when you use strong cannabis, and it is possible that using strong cannabis repeatedly could increase the risk of harmful effects such as dependence or developing mental health problems.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭Hoop66

At the risk of repeating myself, I nurture the idea that the trolls on these threads are just stoned teenagers.

* bubble bubble bubble - "go on, say they smell"...

Ah don't go doing the whole "I'm serious again now" routine cause you're afraid the mods will slap you with another warning. If you're gonna troll, go full troll, or leave. Don't try and cover it up :pac:

Post some facts and all the legalise cannabis group can do is throw out some personal abuse or run away. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 542 ✭✭✭dont bother

I'm back baby. Cannabis has negative effects on people. Fact! This thread is mostly populated by cannabis users who don't like hearing about that fact. You can't hide the truth from people, no matter how hard you try.

you obviously can't read then - i clearly stated in my posts that we "all know it has some bad effects".

anyway, maybe it's just me, but i'm pretty sure you said in another thread that you had experienced a bad episode from it before when you were younger.

that just proves to me that weed doesnt suit tiny trolls.

• Cannabis affects your co-ordination, which is one of the reasons why drug driving, like drink driving, is illegal.
    • Some people think cannabis is harmless because it’s a plant, but it isn’t harmless. Cannabis, like tobacco, has lots of chemical 'nasties', which, with long-term or heavy use, can cause lung disease and possibly cancer. The risk is greater because cannabis is often mixed with tobacco and smoked without a filter. It can also make asthma worse, and cause wheezing in people without asthma.
    • Cannabis itself can affect many different systems in the body, including the heart. It increases the heart rate and can affect blood pressure.
    • If you have a history of mental health problems, taking cannabis is not a good idea. It can cause paranoia in the short term, but in those with a pre-existing psychotic illness, such as schizophrenia, it can contribute to relapse.
    • If you use cannabis and have a family background of mental illness, such as schizophrenia, you may be at increased risk of developing a psychotic illness.
    • It is reported that frequent use of cannabis can cut a man's sperm count and reduce sperm motility. It can suppress ovulation in women and so may affect fertility.
    • If you’re pregnant, smoking cannabis frequently may increase the risk of the baby being born smaller than expected.
    • Regular, heavy use of cannabis makes it difficult to learn and concentrate. Some people begin to feel tired all the time and can't seem to get motivated.
    • Some users buy strong herbal cannabis (also known as skunk) to get ‘a bigger high’. Unpleasant reactions can be more powerful when you use strong cannabis, and it is possible that using strong cannabis repeatedly could increase the risk of harmful effects such as dependence or developing mental health problems.

What are these a side effect of.......
    nausea, dry mouth, constipation, diarrhea, fatigue, difficulty sleeping, and dizziness.
    Withdrawal reactions such anxiety, nausea, nervousness, and insomnia.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 542 ✭✭✭dont bother

Post some facts and all the legalise cannabis group can do is throw out some personal abuse or run away. :D

you dont seem to get that nobody really cares if it were legalised. we'll still get it around any and every corner of any street whenever we like.

and by staying illegal, so will kids.

also, black men will lure your teenage daughter away and make her listen to rock and/or roll before making sex on her face...

... let us never forget this.

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭BetterThanThou

This thread has me laughing hysterically, I'm hungry, my mouth is dry, think I'll drive to the shop to pick up some food and a drink.

I'm back baby. Cannabis has negative effects on people. Fact! This thread is mostly populated by cannabis users who don't like hearing about that fact. You can't hide the truth from people, no matter how hard you try.

Oh i see your infraction is expired now. Convenient.

At least you're keeping your trolling to just this thread

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭FullblownRose

Links were brought in as this is online discourse.
    Discussion flows and evolves.
    Either keep up or drop out.

My personal experiences are on the thread for all to see.
    None of this friend of a friend told me lark.

You are doing a good job.

Care to comment on these facts.........

That's fine. I merely commented on something that was posted, i made a casual remark about Alaska, whereupon the wormy fella got irate again. i mentioned that id heard of issues in alaska, as an aside. I don't see the need to go into the nuances of these issues. If I had maintained that they're a result of the legalisation of cannabis there then it might make sense for you and wormy to pursue that angle, but you both seem to be jumping on it for no constructive reason.

The links are important in the discussion forum but you don't need to be so extreme as to insist on one to accompany any little joke, personal anecdote or opinion.

and for the benefit of that poster I have on ignore (dontbother) but who keeps directing comments at me for some reason, a few people commented on the thread in my absence so I replied to them. The agenda nonsense he keeps repeating is only making him or her look a bit crazy and if i was actually against legalisation of cannabis he'd probably copper fasten my opposition to it by behaving that way.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement