Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Negative effects of smoking forms of cannabis

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭wiseoldelf34

for me the only negative is having to give my money to gangs because i can't grow it myself.and if you happen to get caught with it you end up with a black mark on your record
    not good for a youngfella that wants to travel.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 624 ✭✭✭Laois6556

mikom wrote: »
    Were you young and smoking illegal cannabis?

Don't want to get into my personal story.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,695 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

Back off. The guy shoots from the hip and doesn't suffer fools.

It's a discussion forum, or hadn't you noticed?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Laois6556 wrote: »
    Don't want to get into my personal story.

Did you detail it before on this public form?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭Too Tough To Die

It's a discussion forum, or hadn't you noticed?

I mean like ease up, but continue to discuss.

• Advertisement

Did you detail it before on this public form?

I didn't detail it but went through an overview on a different thread. Don't want to discuss it now though.

I mean like ease up, but continue to discuss.

Ahh, I see, well I shoot from the hip too and don't suffer fools either.

Carry on.

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭MUFC91CS

Perhaps if the OP wasn't trying to simply antagonise people she would have gotten more genuine feedback.

Maybe she could post this in the Personal issues thread?

Ahh, I see, well I shoot from the hip too and don't suffer fools either.

Carry on.

You strike me as more of a white knight.

I didn't detail it but went through an overview on a different thread. Don't want to discuss it now though.

Fair enough.
    Not much more to add so.

• Advertisement

Fair enough.
    Not much more to add so.

You're not meant to add anything, additives can be dangerous!

You're not meant to add anything, additives can be dangerous!

Like salt?

Like salt?

I don't know where you're going smoking salty weed. :D

I don't know where you're going smoking salty weed. :D

Seaweed!

You strike me as more of a white knight.

I really want to be a green knight, they have all the fun!

Bastards :(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,257 ✭✭✭Peist2007

Lads Laois came in to the previous cannabis thread, tried to derail it and failed. When he realised he had failed, he then came up with a "really serious" cannabis story he had. In short, the guy is a troll. And a poor one at that.

Talking about teenagers smoking cannabis is irrelevant. It will still be illegal to teenagers once legalised. Laois will respond along the lines that teenagers still drink and that it will be as bad with cannabis. That, again, is irrelevant as the debate is about the legalisation of cannabis which, if legalised, WILL NOT BE MADE AVAILABLE LEGALLY TO TEENAGERs.

Of course, Laois will completely ignore the fact that teenagers can buy the drug freely from drug dealers right now who do not regulate who they sell to.

In short, Laois as no interest in debating the issue. He will talk around and around in circles and will end up repeating stuff he said at the very beginning. So, do not bother with him. Troll troll troll

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

Like salt?

Like E Numbers

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,257 ✭✭✭Peist2007

I don't like to see people negatively affected, I have repeatedly said that not everyone is but those who are don't seem to realise it- just like with people who don't get alog with alcohol- please stop twisting what I said, it is unhelpful and unfair. You seem like you could make a living at jumping on people and twisting their words.

As for the empirical research, there is evidence that cannabis is harmful, in some cases more harmful than cigarettes. Iv'e already said I don't want to get into a silly argument about it so leave it alone please. There are no medals for the most links or the longest drawn out argument.

I have evidence that the moon is in fact a spaceship that is manned for 6 months of the year by monkeys. I don't want to get into a silly argument about it so leave it alone please. There are no medals for the most links or the longest drawn out argument.

;)

Peist2007 wrote: »
    Lads Laois came in to the previous cannabis thread, tried to derail it and failed. When he realised he had failed, he then came up with a "really serious" cannabis story he had. In short, the guy is a troll. And a poor one at that.

Talking about teenagers smoking cannabis is irrelevant. It will still be illegal to teenagers once legalised. Laois will respond along the lines that teenagers still drink and that it will be as bad with cannabis. That, again, is irrelevant as the debate is about the legalisation of cannabis which, if legalised, WILL NOT BE MADE AVAILABLE LEGALLY TO TEENAGERs.

Of course, Laois will completely ignore the fact that teenagers can buy the drug freely from drug dealers right now who do not regulate who they sell to.

In short, Laois as no interest in debating the issue. He will talk around and around in circles and will end up repeating stuff he said at the very beginning. So, do not bother with him. Troll troll troll

This thread isn't about legalising cannabis. I have no respect for selfish people who want to legalise it for themselves when it will do harm to others but that's irrelevant to this thread. We're talking about the negative effects of cannabis, I've added some things that I've learned through personal experience. I don't care if you beleive me or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭FullblownRose

MUFC91CS wrote: »
    Perhaps if the OP wasn't trying to simply antagonise people she would have gotten more genuine feedback.

Maybe she could post this in the Personal issues thread?

I have no desire to antagonise people and I went to pains to point out that I'm not against people smoking.

It's not a personal issue in any way, it's something I was interested in discussing and plenty of people (including some who smoke hash), took part without seeming antagonised or being antagonising.

• Advertisement

Peist2007 wrote: »

You mean he was not ID'ed by the bad man selling unregulated and possibly adulterated cannabis........ selling under the regime Laois wishes to retain.
    Well fuck a duck.
    I've added some things that I've learned through personal experience. I don't care if you beleive me or not.
    You've added damn all, tbh.

and plenty of people (including some who smoke hash)

Hash?
    Welcome to the thread, Grandad.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭FullblownRose

You mean he was not ID'ed by the bad man selling unregulated and possibly adulterated cannabis........ selling under the regime Laois wishes to retain.
    Well fuck a duck.

Hash?

(Sorry, I also called it that, thought you were talking to me :D)

I made the thread ya wee pup ;)

Well fuck a duck.

Hash?

I said that smoking cannabis can lead to mental health problems, especially for teenagers. For adults smoking it can lead to a lack of motivation and a dependency.
    All you've done is abused people.

Can you still get soapbar in Ireland?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Bongalongherb

Some folk smoke too much and then they get edgy and uncomfortable. I'm a long-term smoker of cannabis, but I only smoke it on a friday evening and saturday and then go off it for the week. If smoked in moderation then a person should be fine, but smoking it every minute of every day can make a person act defensive and nervous, but not everyone is like this.

Moderation is the Key, just like anything else.

PS: it does cause lack of motivation for sure, and the munchies are a killer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,436 ✭✭✭c_man

but I only smoke it on a friday evening

*looks at clock* Hey hey, my man!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Bongalongherb

c_man wrote: »
    *looks at clock* Hey hey, my man!

Indeed. I like the week off it because once thursday comes I'm looking forward to chill-out and smell the weed garden with a few unsurprisingly chilled reinbacher beers. The best thing about fridays and saturdays ;)

Now where did those rizlas go.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,856 ✭✭✭Valmont

I said that smoking cannabis can lead to mental health problems, especially for teenagers. For adults smoking it can lead to a lack of motivation and a dependency.
    A bad attitude towards life has the same effect.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

Negative effects? Paranoia, depression, anxiety, kills motivation, excessive weight gain.

If you had a week off where you had zero responsibilities and didn't care about your own fitness it would go very well with endless junk food and movies.

In day to day life I don't know how anyone can smoke it and get anything done.

• Advertisement

Valmont wrote: »
    A bad attitude towards life has the same effect.

Prepare to be asked what your point is............

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement