Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Negative effects of smoking forms of cannabis

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 542 ✭✭✭dont bother

And still it hasn't been 'cleared up'

seriously? after my long reply of sense and reason, you post that as a reply?

in a nutshell, what i think is going on is this:

you have a big mouth when it comes to bashing people who smoke weed.
    these people aren't as thick as you would like to think they are, and they get aggressive with you because they know you are seething inside about what they like to do.

you are not in charge of what they, or anyone but yourself does.
    it IS tough if they like it and you dont. they know the bad side effects in themselves, yet keep smoking it, because THEY are THEM, not you, and they know their own bodies and minds more than you do, so they are most likely offended by someone who tries to lord over them with their incorrect judgements.

your incorrect judgement being mainly that you seem to think you are the only one who sees these bad -effects and you give off an air of someone who seems to think they know people better than they know themselves. which is impossible, arrogant and very intrusive.

can i ask you something aswell rose: (i most likely wont get a proper answer but...)

have you NOT blamed weed for these peoples aggression?? have you stopped to think maybe they are aggressive for another reason? maybe they are WAY worse when they DONT smoke?

maybe, you know, people CHANGE as they grow and you have just simply fallen out of favour in a way?

why blame weed, when there are a myriad of reasons behind why anybody does anything!?

weed is not to blame - if anything, in the case you said, a lack of compassion, empathy and willingness to learn is to blame for people reacting to your ill informed preaching in this way.

Laois6556 wrote: »
    Cannabis use amongst teenagers can be very dangerous. It can lead to mental health issues down the line. Ofcourse it can with older people aswell but less likely. More common problems adults have is addiction and withdrawl from society or lack of motivation to improve their lives.

yes, we all know this, it has been stated time and time again in every weed thread over the years.
    Alcohol, weed, drugs are not safe for teenagers. Lots of things arent for teenagers, as teenagers are children. why do you insist on trying to prove a dud point that everyone knows already?

nobody except ILLEGAL dealers would want kids on the stuff.
    legal - no kids smoking really lets face it. (and dont start with the "when i was a kid i got people to go the offie for me") sure, make it for over 25's then why not!?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,856 ✭✭✭Valmont

Most antipathy towards weed smokers is based on the incorrect presumption that they are stoners -- which is like treating all drinkers as alcoholics. I'd still rather a pint of the black stuff any day though.

Valmont wrote: »
    Most antipathy towards weed smokers is based on the incorrect presumption that they are stoners -- which is like treating all drinkers as alcoholics. I'd still rather a pint of the black stuff any day though.

took the words right out of my mouth.

perfect point. you like your guinness, i like my weed. im not a stoner, and afaik, you're not an alcoholic.

brilliant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

More common problems adults have is addiction and withdrawl from society or lack of motivation to improve their lives.

My truth........ Late 30's, 5 bed house (own outright), college graduate, self employed, never drawn the dole, car owner (taxed and insured), long term partner of 10+ years, 2 dogs, social drinker, never been arrested, never even had penalty points.
    This is the path that cannabis led down for me.
    Horrible..........

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 624 ✭✭✭Laois6556

yes, we all know this, it has been stated time and time again in every weed thread over the years.
    Alcohol, weed, drugs are not safe for teenagers. Lots of things arent for teenagers, as teenagers are children. why do you insist on trying to prove a dud point that everyone knows already?

nobody except ILLEGAL dealers would want kids on the stuff.
    legal - no kids smoking really lets face it. (and dont start with the "when i was a kid i got people to go the offie for me") sure, make it for over 25's then why not!?

I'm just answering the OP. What's wrong with that?
    You're right on the second point, no underage kids ever drink. It's all just a myth.

mikom wrote: »
    My truth........ Late 30's, 5 bed house (own outright), college graduate, self employed, never drawn the dole, car owner (taxed and insured), long term partner of 10+ years, 2 dogs, social drinker, never been arrested, never even had penalty points.
    This is the path that cannabis led down for me.
    Horrible..........

And some heavy drinkers lead a similar life, what's your point?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

Only negative effects I've ever witnessed from people smoking weed is laziness. And them eating my food.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭Too Tough To Die

I love weed.

And some heavy drinkers lead a similar life, what's your point?

Fair play to them.
    Must be nice not having to look over their shoulder due to the sins of the few and the knee-jerks of the idiots.

• Advertisement

Fair play to them.
    Must be nice not having to look over their shoulder due to the sins of the few and the knee-jerks of the idiots.

We're talking about the harms of cannabis, not about selfish people wanting to legalise it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭FullblownRose

seriously? after my long reply of sense and reason, you post that as a reply?

in a nutshell, what i think is going on is this:

you have a big mouth when it comes to bashing people who smoke weed.
    these people aren't as thick as you would like to think they are, and they get aggressive with you because they know you are seething inside about what they like to do.

you are not in charge of what they, or anyone but yourself does.
    it IS tough if they like it and you dont. they know the bad side effects in themselves, yet keep smoking it, because THEY are THEM, not you, and they know their own bodies and minds more than you do, so they are most likely offended by someone who tries to lord over them with their incorrect judgements.

your incorrect judgement being mainly that you seem to think you are the only one who sees these bad -effects and you give off an air of someone who seems to think they know people better than they know themselves. which is impossible, arrogant and very intrusive.

can i ask you something aswell rose: (i most likely wont get a proper answer but...)

have you NOT blamed weed for these peoples aggression?? have you stopped to think maybe they are aggressive for another reason? maybe they are WAY worse when they DONT smoke?

maybe, you know, people CHANGE as they grow and you have just simply fallen out of favour in a way?

why blame weed, when there are a myriad of reasons behind why anybody does anything!?

weed is not to blame - if anything, in the case you said, a lack of compassion, empathy and willingness to learn is to blame for people reacting to your ill informed preaching in this way.

I replied to most of your comments but you will have to re-read it as I didn't make separate replies in quotation marks.

I definitely suspect you are projecting now.''Seething inside''?

You might need to seek some help, you have a disturbing way of seeing people.

I think people like you are dangerous without any extra influence, and you make me uncomfortable with your weird remarks so I will put you on 'ignore'.

not about selfish people wanting to legalise it.

What did I say about knee-jerks..............

I'm just answering the OP. What's wrong with that?
    You're right on the second point, no underage kids ever drink. It's all just a myth.

what exactly is your issue with it?

you seem like someone who thinks they know what's best for people, but havent got a clue.

a curtain twitcher.

What did I say about knee-jerks..............

What did I say about the topic we're discussing.............

what exactly is your issue with it?

you seem like someone who thinks they know what's best for people, but havent got a clue.

a curtain twitcher.

The op asked for people's personal experience with the negative effects of cannabis. Do you have any to share with us?

I replied to most of your comments but you will have to re-read it as I didn't make separate replies in quotation marks.

I definitely suspect you are projecting now.''Seething inside''?

You might need to seek some help, you have a disturbing way of seeing people.

I think people like you are dangerous without any extra influence, and you make me uncomfortable with your weird remarks so I will put you on 'ignore'.

No Rose, YOU are the one with the problem love.

you think you can change the way people act in their lives? you can not.

has it occurred to you that these people that are aggressive just maybe have a problem with you lording over them!??

newsflash dear, you are in total denial about how the world works it seems.

you clearly didn't address ANY of my points!? where'd you get the idea that i would see a reply to my points in a short snappy nonsense reply!?

you are just being stubborn now, and you probably realise that you are wrong, but you are clutching at straws and even plumbing to the depths of trying to say i have mental problems and see people in a weird way.

i see you in a weird way - the way that probably your "aggressive" friend see's you too.

plain and simple - your attitude towards smoking cannabis is out-of-fashion, jaded and a little bit pompous and ignorant.

What did I say about the topic we're discussing.............

Basically.......
    Cannabis use amongst teenagers can be very dangerous. It can lead to mental health issues down the line.

The op asked for people's personal experience with the negative effects of cannabis. Do you have any to share with us?

not personally. that's my point exactly.

i've smoked for ten years. the only thing i've lost is a few so-called friends who just were too up their own holes to see that they couldnt' control what i do.

like others, i own my own home, ltr for 5 years and i hold down a full time job.

there are only negative affects to people who's brains are already a little bit defunkt i think. IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭FullblownRose

He hasnt had any negative effects or seen any.

Not sure why he could not just have said that :)

• Advertisement

Exactly, selfish people don't think of them. Now, do you have any negative stories of those that have used cannabis or are you just trolling this thread?

He hasnt had any negative effects or seen any.

Not sure why he could not just have said that :)

because i am not going to sit by and let small minded ignorant folk degrade something that i enjoy - just because they THINK they can.

you can't stop anyone from doing what they like.

look at it this way - there's WAY more folk getting p!ssed off with you about this, than there isnt - does that not tell you anything?!

your opinion is completely antiquated. it's gone. you are dinosaurs when it comes to weed.

Exactly, selfish people don't think of them. Now, do you have any negative stories of those that have used cannabis or are you just trolling this thread?

clearly not the only one trolling to be fair.. eh?

not personally. that's my point exactly.

i've smoked for ten years. the only thing i've lost is a few so-called friends who just were too up their own holes to see that they couldnt' control what i do.

like others, i own my own home, ltr for 5 years and i hold down a full time job.

there are only negative affects to people who's brains are already a little bit defunkt i think. IMO.

So why are you in this thread?

You seem very aggressive, I don't know if it has anything to do with you cannabis smoking but maybe keep an eye on it. You've lost friends over it as you say.

I can only speak for myself; no problems.
    What was your personal negative story with cannabis, Laois6556?

clearly not the only one trolling to be fair.. eh?

I've answered the op, all you've done is attacked the op. Who's trolling?

I can only speak for myself.
    What was your personal negative story with cannabis, Laois6556?

I don't want to get into my personal story but I know it can lead to mental health issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,695 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

because i am not going to sit by and let small minded ignorant folk degrade something that i enjoy - just because they THINK they can.

you can't stop anyone from doing what they like.

look at it this way - there's WAY more folk getting p!ssed off with you about this, than there isnt - does that not tell you anything?!

your opinion is completely antiquated. it's gone. you are dinosaurs when it comes to weed.

It doesn't really tell anyone anything really. Does it tell you anything when people reading the thread feel there's no point in contributing when Rose has maintained a civil tone throughout the thread, and you're being unnecessarily and needlessly aggressive in the tone of your posts?

Your opinion pisses me off quite frankly, because as an advocate of legalising marijuana in this country for medicinal purposes, aggressive and opinionated nonsense such as that you're putting forward makes advocates for legalising marijuana in the real world just look like a pack of incompetents incapable of acknowledging how ridiculous they sound.

I don't want to get into my personal story but I know it can lead to mental health issues.

Were you young and smoking illegal cannabis?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭Too Tough To Die

It doesn't really tell anyone anything really. Does it tell you anything when people reading the thread feel there's no point in contributing when Rose has maintained a civil tone throughout the thread, and you're being unnecessarily and needlessly aggressive in the tone of your posts?

Your opinion pisses me off quite frankly, because as an advocate of legalising marijuana in this country for medicinal purposes, aggressive and opinionated nonsense such as that you're putting forward makes advocates for legalising marijuana in the real world just look like a pack of incompetents incapable of acknowledging how ridiculous they sound.

Back off. The guy shoots from the hip and doesn't suffer fools.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement