Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Android 5.0 and Nexus announcement thread!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭Ste-

Also backup your data most of the scripts included will have the -w flag which will wipe your device.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,450 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Went to upgrade my N5 to 5.0.1 and the device rebooted to TWRP.
    There was some error, which isn't immediately obvious until I pressed the notepad style button in the middle.
    The error message stated in plain English "This phone is 4.4.4, when I was expecting 5.0, cannot continue".

Anyone else having trouble upgrading?
    I am on 5.0 BTW, not 4.4.4, so I haven't a notion what's happening :D

Upgraded to 5.0.1 last night, haven't had Chrome crashes. Also the bug I had with it not connecting to WiFi networks I saved after the update to lollipop is confirmed resolved!
    Photos from WhatsApp or whatever are still showing up in the photos app as backed up even when I have that folder unchecked though :(

• Registered Users Posts: 45 evil.monkey84

Fluffy88 wrote: »
    Google do a rolling update, so not everyone gets it at the same time.
    It helps them to identify and fix bugs in an update without hitting the entire user base with a critical bug.

So just be patient, you should be the OTA soon.

If you can't wait and like tinkering you can sideload the OTA file or flash the 5.0.1 factory image.
    Doing either of these comes with the standard warnings, be careful .. blah blah .. you could damage your device .. blah blah .. I accept no liability .. blah blah
    If you've never flashed/rooted a phone before, make sure you read all the warnings and steps well so that you understand what your doing. It's not a very difficult process but it can be very daunting the first time.

But I did not even get 5.0 update yet while Google just releae 5.0.1? Did they stopped 5.0 update?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭BionicRasher

Talks of 5.1 coming Feb next year
    Hope its true as 5 and 5.01 are pretty awful IMO

http://www.geeky-gadgets.com/android-5-1-lollipop-update-coming-in-february-19-12-2014/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,363 ✭✭✭corkie

Android 5.0.2 LRX22G Factory Image for Nexus 7 (WiFi) Randomly Shows Up

Anyone install it yet?

Edit: I installed it! (without wiping data now and when I updated to 5.0.0)

It's to early yet to report on it because I haven't really put it through a proper test of use.

It seems to be more responsive than 5.0.0.

It's been report on reddit that this is probably a special build for N7(2012) and the OTA update rollout to 5.0.0 might have been stopped until this release.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,622 ✭✭✭Ruu

Nothing 5.01 for my Nexus 7 2012 yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ziggy

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 evil.monkey84

I do not know anyone who have nexus 5 got an update over the air, so I have just installed 5.0.1 manually so far so good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭mass_debater

I do not know anyone who have nexus 5 got an update over the air, so I have just installed 5.0.1 manually so far so good.

I got it OTA 2 days ago

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

I got it OTA 2 days ago

Same as.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Same as.
    Same here too. Got 5.0.0 promptly enough too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,319 ✭✭✭T-Bird

5.0.1 has been dropped and replaced by 5.0.2. huge improvement!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭mass_debater

T-Bird wrote: »
    5.0.1 has been dropped and replaced by 5.0.2. huge improvement!

Isn't that just for the Nexus 7 2012?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

I checked the NL tracking website. My order is showing up as preadvised today. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,319 ✭✭✭T-Bird

Isn't that just for the Nexus 7 2012?

Yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,332 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

I got 5.0.0 and 5.0.1 OTA pretty quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭lynchie

corkie wrote: »
    Android 5.0.2 LRX22G Factory Image for Nexus 7 (WiFi) Randomly Shows Up

Anyone install it yet?

Edit: I installed it! (without wiping data now and when I updated to 5.0.0)

It's to early yet to report on it because I haven't really put it through a proper test of use.

It seems to be more responsive than 5.0.0.

It's been report on reddit that this is probably a special build for N7(2012) and the OTA update rollout to 5.0.0 might have been stopped until this release.

Jsut got the OTA there on the tablet

Link is http://android.clients.google.com/packages/ota/google_nakasi/a6645eee89af34f58db74f6a1ad93fe400fcfc7b.signed-nakasi-LRX22G-from-LRX21P.a6645eee.zip

• Registered Users Posts: 4,797 ✭✭✭thomasj

Apparently a memory leak issue with lollipop with a fix on the way

http://m.gsmarena.com/android_lollipop_has_a_memory_leak_bug_fix_is_on_the_way-news-10622.php

• Registered Users Posts: 1,147 ✭✭✭mobby

I am getting some screen corruption on my Nexus 7(2013) when using chrome or Firefox, as in the screenshot, sometime can be the whole screen or sometimes just the top and bottom part as in attachment. Only happening since Android 5.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

mobby wrote: »
    I am getting some screen corruption on my Nexus 7(2013) when using chrome or Firefox, as in the screenshot, sometime can be the whole screen or sometimes just the top and bottom part as in attachment. Only happening since Android 5.

I've gotten this a bit on my HTC One M7 GPe on 5.0.1. Only happens with the boards.ie app as far as I can remember.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

beno619 wrote: »
    I've gotten this a bit on my HTC One M7 GPe on 5.0.1. Only happens with the boards.ie app as far as I can remember.

Seen it happen with a few apps. Adverts.ie app in particular.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Fresh Pots wrote: »
    Seen it happen with a few apps. Adverts.ie app in particular.
    Only app I've seen it in is the boards app. I get a big grey block in the left top corner too sometimes. A side swipe and back again and it's gone. I've reported it, but have seen no indication that anyone on the dev team even cares about bugs being reported to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭rebeve

Had the motherboard replaced on my nexus 5 .Its reverted to KitKat and tells me its up to date .

• Registered Users Posts: 7,363 ✭✭✭corkie

rebeve wrote: »
    Had the motherboard replaced on my nexus 5 .Its reverted to KitKat and tells me its up to date .

If you have an unlocked boot loader, can you flash the latest factory image ?

If you haven't unlocked the bootloader already, it will wipe your data!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 491 ✭✭Some_Person

So why is it that some have Android L already and others don't?
    Is it just the slow rollout process that Google is doing? My brother has a brand new Nexus 5 (retail unlocked) that says it's up to date on KitKat 4.4.4.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Your almost better staying on 4.4 till they fix 5.0 properly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

Gatling wrote: »

Have upgraded N4, N7 (2013) and N10 to lollipop without any issues. N9 working fine as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,475 ✭✭✭droidman123

Have upgraded N4, N7 (2013) and N10 to lollipop without any issues. N9 working fine as well.

Same here

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,475 ✭✭✭droidman123

Gatling wrote: »

What issues are you having?

Advertisement