Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Android 5.0 and Nexus announcement thread!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭gzoladz

ixoy wrote: »
    Happy with the upgrade on both my Nexus 5 and my Nexus 10. Not seeing all these issues others have and I actually like the Notifications and Priority features that seem to have people so annoyed. The only one that's a bit of a pain is the mute.

Lol I also have an N10 and n5. Happy too.

The only issue is with my N10 as the battery is not correctly adjusted and the device turns off at 10%.

Does yours have the same problem?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

My phone has gotten painfully slow over the past week when I push the home button, I'm getting lag of up to 5 seconds where it just shows my background before the widgets/apps finally load. A few times the favourites tray hasn't loaded as well.

I'm really not impressed at all with this update, there's a few nice improvements but overall it's a poor attempt by Google considering all the hype

• Registered Users Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭robo

Harps wrote: »
    My phone has gotten painfully slow over the past week when I push the home button, I'm getting lag of up to 5 seconds where it just shows my background before the widgets/apps finally load. A few times the favourites tray hasn't loaded as well.

I'm really not impressed at all with this update, there's a few nice improvements but overall it's a poor attempt by Google considering all the hype

The same for me with the Nexus 4 and also I noticed that the battery life is getting shorter but the charge time seems longer - takes longer when plugged into power socket to get to 100% ... not impressed with that. Need to have my external charger with me all of the time for emergencies :(

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

robo wrote: »
    The same for me with the Nexus 4 and also I noticed that the battery life is getting shorter but the charge time seems longer - takes longer when plugged into power socket to get to 100% ... not impressed with that. Need to have my external charger with me all of the time for emergencies :(

5.0.1 should sort it....

No issues on Nexus 5 and 7 (2013)

The N5 is on 5.0 and a newly opened N7 upgraded to 5.0.1 out of the box yesterday....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

OTA received earlier tonight on N7 (2013) straight from KitKat to 5.0.1.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭ferrigan101

Same, just woke up to it. Installing now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭robo

Fieldog wrote: »
    5.0.1 should sort it....

No issues on Nexus 5 and 7 (2013)

The N5 is on 5.0 and a newly opened N7 upgraded to 5.0.1 out of the box yesterday....

Cool waiting patiently for it to pop up in my phone...still nothing yet for 5.0.1 :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,475 ✭✭✭droidman123

same here, running nice and smooth so far

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

No complaints so far with 5.0.1 on the N7 2013. I know I've I only used for a few hours but it's the device I use for 8 hours a day so would spot quickly! Havent seen any slow down or any of the issues reported on the initial lollipop release. I'd be gutted if it acts up. (Know I've jinxed myself with this post!)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,147 ✭✭✭mobby

No complaints so far with 5.0.1 on the N7 2013. I know I've I only used for a few hours but it's the device I use for 8 hours a day so would spot quickly! Havent seen any slow down or any of the issues reported on the initial lollipop release. I'd be gutted if it acts up. (Know I've jinxed myself with this post!)

Same here no issues, all running fine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭heinervb

What option?

to screen rotate

My friend has the 2012 nexus 7 and when he got the update it was horrendous, more or less unusable.he is not very tech savvy,so I factory reset it for him and it seemed to be fine,that was a week and a half ago,I havnt seen him so I assume its holding up.

My friend has the 2012 nexus 7 and when he got the update it was horrendous, more or less unusable.he is not very tech savvy,so I factory reset it for him and it seemed to be fine,that was a week and a half ago,I havnt seen him so I assume its holding up.

We have a 2012 N7 in the house, no sign of the update for it yet oddly enough - the wee man got a brand new 2013 N7 the other day and that went to 5.0.1 incrementally straight out of the box....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

Fieldog wrote: »
    We have a 2012 N7 in the house, no sign of the update for it yet oddly enough - the wee man got a brand new 2013 N7 the other day and that went to 5.0.1 incrementally straight out of the box....

Is it rooted?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Zp999 is processing... Almost there :)

Fresh Pots wrote: »
    Is it rooted?

No his nexus 7 2012 is not rooted,I think the latest 5.01 update should sort him out.I,m abroad ATM so i haven't had time to check his tablet.

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭Manc Red

Nexus 7 2013 (Wifi) still on Kitkat 4.4.

No OTA update for Lollipop yet. Should I just wait a few more days?

Updated my nexus 4 to 5.0.1 and the video playback problem appears to be fixed. Other than that I don't see anything new.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭Raoul

Updated my nexus 4 to 5.0.1 and the video playback problem appears to be fixed. Other than that I don't see anything new.

Same here. One thing I don't like is that you have to wait until you play music before you can easily change the volume.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

What problem was that? my videos play faster than they should, is that the same thing?

• Advertisement

god's toy wrote: »
    What problem was that? my videos play faster than they should, is that the same thing?

YouTube vids would randomly fail to play and only a reboot would fix. The 5.0.1 update seems to have fixed it touch wood.

Is it rooted?

Nope,

That tablet has never been tinkered with

Its weird, Google updates come when they want to, lol....

If I don't get it soon I'll flash the factory image....

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,116 Mod ✭✭✭✭iamstop

Ugh. Lollipop killed my fav game and kills my battery. Wish I never *up?*graded.

I play a decent amount of Dead Rising 2 on my 2013 Nexus 7. It used to play fine before with the very seldom slight glitch. Now, however, the frame rate seems like it is about 3/4 what it used to be and drops to much lower pretty often.

On top of that I used to get days out of it if left idle, now I seem to be charging most days even with light use.

Will this ever be fixed? The frikkin thing pretty much went obsolete over night. Head = Wrecked.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,850 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

iamstop wrote: »
    Ugh. Lollipop killed my fav game and kills my battery. Wish I never *up?*graded.

I play a decent amount of Dead Rising 2 on my 2013 Nexus 7. It used to play fine before with the very seldom slight glitch. Now, however, the frame rate seems like it is about 3/4 what it used to be and drops to much lower pretty often.

On top of that I used to get days out of it if left idle, now I seem to be charging most days even with light use.

Will this ever be fixed? The frikkin thing pretty much went obsolete over night. Head = Wrecked.

Are you on 5.0.1 or just 5.0? If only 5.0, install the latest patch (zips available) or should be OTA soon.

iamstop wrote: »

Dead rising is on the Play Store? :O

• Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Alun

I'm getting 5.0.1 OTA on my Nexus 5 right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,869 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

Alun wrote: »
    I'm getting 5.0.1 OTA on my Nexus 5 right now.

Same here.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 evil.monkey84

Hi,

Does anyone know when nexus 5 will get lollipop update? i got the phone 3 days ago and it update it self to 4.4.4

i got the phone from www.expansys.ie which said it will come with android lollipop but that was not true.

Thanks for the help.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,540 ✭✭✭dohouch

@evil.monkey84

My Nexus 7 version 2013, got Lollipop last Thursday 11 Dec

We're not suffering, only complaining 😞

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭Fluffy88

Hi,

Does anyone know when nexus 5 will get lollipop update? i got the phone 3 days ago and it update it self to 4.4.4

i got the phone from www.expansys.ie which said it will come with android lollipop but that was not true.

Thanks for the help.

Google do a rolling update, so not everyone gets it at the same time.
    It helps them to identify and fix bugs in an update without hitting the entire user base with a critical bug.

So just be patient, you should be the OTA soon.

If you can't wait and like tinkering you can sideload the OTA file or flash the 5.0.1 factory image.
    Doing either of these comes with the standard warnings, be careful .. blah blah .. you could damage your device .. blah blah .. I accept no liability .. blah blah
    If you've never flashed/rooted a phone before, make sure you read all the warnings and steps well so that you understand what your doing. It's not a very difficult process but it can be very daunting the first time.

Advertisement