Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tánaiste Moany Burton: IW protesters 'seem to have extremely expensive phones'

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭Young Blood

So basically the Brits are all to blame for this or something?

No your mother is.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,737 ✭✭✭DeadHand

I'm going to assume that you're from an Irish Catholic background, as are most irish people.

If it wasn't for protesters like this, people like you would still be picking potatoes in some field.

It doesn't hurt to show some solidarity.

It's a charge on an essential service, not the penal laws.

These protesters will make zero difference and end up paying the charge anyway.

Daniel O'Connell they ain't.

• Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭Lucy and Harry

We should all be living on ww2 rations and food stamps according to this woman
    http://www.breakingnews.ie/media/images/z/zzzjoanburtonasmaryantoinetteCREDITAreamanProductions_large.jpg :mad::mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 581 ✭✭✭DubVelo

Why is this woman popular!?

DubVelo wrote: »

Lack of alternatives.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭mickydoomsux

DubVelo wrote: »

Cause she fine

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭Summer wind

Who paid for Joan's phone?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,865 ✭✭✭Mrs Garth Brooks

Who paid for Joan's phone?

The tax payer did. What a crow.

The tax payer did. What a crow.

The taxpayer probably paid for most of the water protester's phones too.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,139 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Are we saying even the poor cannot aspire beyond a Nokia 6510.....for shame.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭folan

DeadHand wrote: »
    The taxpayer probably paid for most of the water protester's phones too.

That "the taxpayer" lad is great. Buys loads of people sky sports too.

Always has probably near his name too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,411 ✭✭✭Lord Trollington

Genuinely if I got near Joan Burton or Enda Kenny I think they'd need a JCB to dig me out of them. Particularly Burton.

Politics in Ireland is absolutely rotten to the core at every level. I'm beginning to despise this state I live in.

The only one I may have some time for would be Leo Varadkar for nothing other than he seems the most genuine.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

folan wrote: »
    That "the taxpayer" lad is great. Buys loads of people sky sports .

And don't forget

Air max runners

Track suits

And going by the protest videos dodgy knock off sunglasses too

Caps

And there cases of Dutch gold

folan wrote: »
    That "the taxpayer" lad is great. Buys loads of people sky sports too.

Always has probably near his name too.

Was that bad poetry or are you trying to make a point?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,139 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Genuinely if I got near Joan Burton or Enda Kenny I think they'd need a JCB to dig me out of them. Particularly Burton.

Politics in Ireland is absolutely rotten to the core at every level. I'm beginning to despise this state I live in.

The only one I may have some time for would be Leo Varadkar for nothing other than he seems the most genuine.

To be fair at least we know reasonably well what FG stand for. Labour are just a farce at this stage. They are basically the party that says "the poor should know their place". And they are supposed to be the "Labour" Party!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭mickydoomsux

Sexy stuff

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭DoYouEvenLift

Wonder how many of the people using their phones and tablets to record are committing the crime of vertical filming.

5jmeecy.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 829 ✭✭✭smellmepower

Another attempt to get people picking on each other instead of the government, who've made a balls of all this Irish Water stuff. It's worked too, judging by all the moronic posts in this thread.

The usual ignorant twats slagging off the unemployed with the same factually untrue BS and tired jokes, and then the eejits who do more harm than good for their anti-water charges agenda, by posting some amount of toe-curlingly awful drivel.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,520 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

The point I'm trying to make is that we stand to benefit from the sacrifices these people are making like we have done in the past.

These people are of no benefit to me nor to lots of people who already pay for water and sewage... In fact they are wasting Gardaand court time which I am paying for with my taxes so they are just another problem as far as I'm concerned.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,089 ✭✭✭mada999

TheDoctor wrote: »
    Have Sinn Fein found the magical money tree yet that will finance their fantasy land finance policies?

I love this stuff that people bring out about parties and their experience with finances and laws

Sure but cant they not just use the same advisers that the govt currently uses? The govt are hardly made up of specilists like economists etc, if I'm not mistaken a lot of the govt are teachers etc, they hardly come up with these laws and schemes on their own do they? They hire consultants to help with this, why can't any party do this ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

mada999 wrote: »
    I love this stuff that people bring out about parties and their experience with finances and laws

Sure but cant they not just use the same advisers that the govt currently uses? The govt are hardly made up of specilists like economists etc, if I'm not mistaken a lot of the govt are teachers etc, they hardly come up with these laws and schemes on their own do they? They hire consultants to help with this, why can't any party do this ?

Along the lines of what the great Malcolm Tucker once said, find an expert that tells you what you want to hear.

The far-left are always at this. You would often see the left alliance find some mad-cap "economist" (that may have done a little Economics in college) pedal stuff that sounds good for them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

She does have a valid point. It's not Can't Pay for a lot of people it's Won't Pay

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭renegademaster

efb wrote: »
    She does have a valid point. It's not Can't Pay for a lot of people it's Won't Pay

just LOL!! this has worn thin at this stage

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,981 ✭✭✭KomradeBishop

Economics 101?

If you'd stayed around for Economics 102, you might have learned about how lower tax rates can in theory stimulate demand and raise revenue elsewhere (thereby offsetting cost of lower tax revenue from tax cuts).
    Which by the same logic, so can increased spending - they are both just forms of widening the budget deficit - which makes calling for welfare cuts (money we know goes directly back into the economy), and replacing welfare with tax cuts, inherently self-defeating. Especially when you plan to add money spent on job creation to this, and expect to reduce the public debt.

Fairytale stuff. I may be for increased spending/decreased-taxes-on-high-spenders in the short term, but I don't pretend it will lead to any reduction in the deficit or public debt.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭ChippingSodbury

Any chance you're that same guy that, when asked where he wanted to be buried, replied "up to the balls in Bibi Baskin"???

just LOL!! this has worn thin at this stage

A bit like gardai brutalising innocent sunglasses wearing protesters

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭Streetwalker

efb wrote: »

Scarlet for ya

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭Streetwalker

TheDoctor wrote: »
    Have Sinn Fein found the magical money tree yet that will finance their fantasy land finance policies?

Any news on that "game changer" or how about the "not one more red cent" stuff?

Any news on that "game changer" or how about the "not one more red cent" stuff?

They announced Adams and Co would all be paying there water charges aswell as there spokespeople

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Like they voted in the North for household charges

Advertisement