Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Royal Rumble Pre Show Thread *30 competitors again!!*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

CSF wrote: »
    It is a spoiler, it's putting information that most people wouldn't have known that points heavily towards a particular outcome, hence ruining the surprise if said outcome does occur.

A guy is musing based on information which is out there. It is not a spoiler as it is not confirmed.

Using a forum such as this will always lead to people predicting or guessing stuff which might happen.

Not to mention that if Kurt is coming back you better believe they will advertise it.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,859 ✭✭✭✭CSF

gimmick wrote: »
    A guy is musing based on information which is out there. It is not a spoiler as it is not confirmed.

Using a forum such as this will always lead to people predicting or guessing stuff which might happen.

Not to mention that if Kurt is coming back you better believe they will advertise it.
    1) Guessing, musing = I think Kurt might be a surprise entrant. Fine.
    Spoiling = Kurt is debuting for a promotion around this time, could well be this. Not fine. Same with the 'Ambrose is scheduled for the Raw after this PPV, probably back at this' these are fullon spoilers despite the outcome not being definite

2) It's often enough the case that they advertise it, but as per Cena at Rumble, Rock the other night, not always, and the best ones are where they don't, and the last thing I need is to be having those ruined by the schedule studiers and the Meltzer posters.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,814 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

They mightn't have a hope of winning the Rumble but it could be one of the only times in the year they get on a PPV and they could do something to get noticed. Like Kofi hasn't a hope of winning yet he's pretty much guaranteed a payday every time there's a Rumble/Battle Royal because he got to show off what he can bring to them.

I'm not saying Los Matadores will do something similar but maybe they get to show off their abilities a bit. Or they could be the new Bushwhackers. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭Deadlie

["Confirmed"]
    ScreenShot2014-10-09at104638.png
    [/"Confirmed"]

• Registered Users Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

CSF wrote: »
    1) Guessing, musing = I think Kurt might be a surprise entrant. Fine.
    Spoiling = Kurt is debuting for a promotion around this time, could well be this. Not fine.

2) It's often enough the case that they advertise it, but as per Cena at Rumble, Rock the other night, not always, and the best ones are where they don't, and the last thing I need is to be having those ruined by the schedule studiers and the Meltzer posters.

I really don't see the spoiler at all. Kurt said he is in a new company in January, but that's literally all the news out there. It's Kurt Angle, he says stuff all the time that never actually happens. Every second year he says he'll wrestle for WWE, then say his heart is with TNA, then say he is going to MMA, then the Olympics. The odds of him turning for the rumble are slim to none, plus he would never pass a WWE medical now. He isn't returning at the rumble, the comment was just fantasy booking, not a spoiler.

On a different note, the 40 man entry and it being in Philly makes me hope that we hear Punks music, only for Sandow to run out. Then later Angles music, only for Sandown run out. Finally, Austin's music is played, and as Sandow comes out the real Austin runs out, stunners him and gives us a great moment :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

On a different note, the 40 man entry and it being in Philly makes me hope that we hear Punks music, only for Sandow to run out. Then later Angles music, only for Sandown run out. Finally, Austin's music is played, and as Sandow comes out the real Austin runs out, stunners him and gives us a great moment :p

this!! right here - this!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭WinnyThePoo

That would be amazing if Sandow came out three times haha.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,814 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Wasn't it the last 40 man Rumble where the 3 announcers took part?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

OMG spoilers!!! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,911 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Wasn't it the last 40 man Rumble where the 3 announcers took part?

That was 2012, which was a traditional 30-man. It was also the most uneventful Rumble ever.....empirical fact. Last time they went to 40 was to accommodate both Nexus and Corre as a recurring thread throughout the match, 'til, yanno, Cena just bombed through'em, but given there's no kinda storyline facilitating that, the NXT speculation may be on-point.

Here's hoping it goes better than Bo Dallas' aborted debut in 2013.

The Kurt Angle tidbit makes my unapologetic mark-self joygasm.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,417 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Imagine the pop if Hideo or Balor won the Rumble :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 85,110 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I think Bryan or Reigns will likely win it

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,742 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Has to be reigns. I can't see WWE putting much effort into Bryan when he eventually comes back.

They can always point to the fact they gave him his moment at WMXXX.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭Garseys

I'd say Bryan will be in the title mix after the Rumble anyway. Reigns will need it. He already has had a brilliant rumble just needs to win this one.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,647 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Garseys wrote: »
    I'd say Bryan will be in the title mix after the Rumble anyway. Reigns will need it. He already has had a brilliant rumble just needs to win this one.

If Reigns is even back by the Rumble he will have done very little wrestling before it and tbh I dont think he is ready for a WM main event push at the moment so wouldnt be then (when he could be suffering from ring rust etc too) either for me.

Bryan though would be ideal imo and then go on to face Brock at Mania.

or you know tease a Bryan / Reigns no.40 entrant into the rumble and then when it comes around have Batista show up and win the thing :eek::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

If WWE have any sense they wont go with either Bryan or Reigns. Bryan would be the perfect guy to get screwed over this year but not win it. If they want to solidify a main event level star, a certain Mr. Ambrose is the answer. After screwing up with Bryan last year, they wont (or at least shouldn't) make the same mistake again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,233 ✭✭✭ceegee

My fantasy booking: Have Rollins cash-in his MITB after a title match straight before the rumble match. Have him celebrating in the ring and still be walking back down the aisle when the 1st entrant comes out... Ambrose!

Have the 2 of them face off, with Ambrose vowing to get his hands on Rollins. Then have Ambrose go end to end, getting battered along the way but gritting it out. Throw some authority heels in as the last few entrants as HHH goes nuts at ringside shouting orders. Finish with a drained, maniacally grinning Ambrose as victor.

Not going to happen though

• Registered Users Posts: 85,110 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Reigns has to the favourite now to win the rumble

• Registered Users Posts: 3,167 ✭✭✭Ridley

Idea: Plug the heck out of 30-man Rumble, have AJ or Nikki or whoever be an entrant then have a 31st spot for a (pleasant) surprise entrant.

Or Batista.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

I don't understand what you're saying there, Ridley. Anyway, I am going to be very surprised if Roman Reigns doesn't win this thing, even with him being nowhere near over enough.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,167 ✭✭✭Ridley

Use a Diva for an entrant then have a 31st entrant who would be the 30th man.

(But whose side is he on?)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

the diva would have to be Charlotte

Or A.J Lee could come out dressed up as CM Punk with Cult Of Personality playing and wreck heads.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

AJ is far too small to get the Chyna/Beth Phoenix slot, awesome as it would be. Only person you could put her in with where there's no questionable male on female violence is Hornswoggle, and that'd ruin the effectiveness.

I dunno, I reckon A.J could have a good match with someone like Kofi Kingston if given the chance. But in the current roster of females, the only one for the Rumble could be Natalya really.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

Come on now... A.J. couldn't have a convincing match with any of the men on the roster. She's the size of one of Chyna's legs.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Doesn't everyone beat Kofi though?:o

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,857 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Rjd2 wrote: »
    Doesn't everyone beat Kofi though?:o

Not in the Rumble! The guy comes up with some awesome new escape every year (or more often, when there's a big battle royale).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

I'd say they'll have a spot of Rose being saved from elimination by the Rosebuds.

• Advertisement

Or they could have Kofi land on them and further fuel Adam Rose's prima donna character arc.

Advertisement