Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Women commenting on and rejecting men due to height

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,894 ✭✭✭Triceratops Ballet

paddy1990 wrote: »

Interestingly I met a brazilian girl aged 26 recently and she literally looked 16. Different lifestyle.

..or a great moisturiser!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭tomthetank

Well most men never stop being attracted to 18-20 year old girls, no matter what age the man is.

I'm not sure whether you are a guy or a girl but I think that 18 year old girls being ugly is a bit of a misnomer. If you compare an "ugly" 18 year old girl to a "pretty" 30 year old woman, in my opinion it's no contest. The 18 year old will generally have great elasticity in the skin, no nasolabial folds, no lines, no sagging skin, no sagging body parts, no cellulite etc. Generally speaking it's no contest. Don't even get me started on the mentality of a 30 year old vs 18-20 year old either. 30 year olds have generally "had their fun" etc. If you are an 18 year old girl and ugly, I would say lose weight and get in good shape and your dating value will be huge (in b4 "value? am i in a market??")

For the guy surprised that women aged 24 are looking aged, yes i stand by that. Forhead lines, crows feet, rugged skin etc - this is what a very poor diet in college and going out most weeks getting legless drunk does to a lot of women by the mid 20s.

Interestingly I met a brazilian girl aged 26 recently and she literally looked 16. Different lifestyle.

LOL.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 383 ✭✭Mike747

tomthetank wrote: »
    LOL.

But he is right. A woman's looks will start to fade when she's in her mid twenties. Irish women and white women in general age very poorly.

Women are most physically attractive at ages 18-25. Undoubtedly it is linked to fertility.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,170 ✭✭✭Wompa1

Mike747 wrote: »
    But he is right. A woman's looks will start to fade when she's in her mid twenties. Irish women and white women in general age very poorly.

Women are most physically attractive at ages 18-25. Undoubtedly it is linked to fertility.

You know who will love this post...the Irish women that are 26 or older :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭Roquentin

its all subjective. but i agree in part. men are programmed by default through millions of years of evolution to see the young woman as attractive.

but having said that there are some hot cougars around:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 245 ✭✭paddy1990

The age of consent is 17. I take issue with saying 18. I've seen gorgeous 17 year olds so I think 17-25 is fair, with 25 pushing it due to the lifestyle some women today have.

The legal age in the UK is 16.

The age of consent is 17. I take issue with saying 18. I've seen gorgeous 17 year olds so I think 17-25 is fair, with 25 pushing it due to the lifestyle some women today have.

youve done your homework i see.......makes me laugh.......

Most women I know look immeasurably better in their mid to late 20s than they ever did as spotty/chubby/awkward 18 year olds. Besides the ones that have gained a heap of weight and live poor lifestyle as, but you'll find those in both sexes.

Most women I know look immeasurably better in their mid to late 20s than they ever did as spotty/chubby/awkward 18 year olds. Besides the ones that have gained a heap of weight and live poor lifestyle as, but you'll find those in both sexes.

Disagree.

You cannot compare a girl in her late 20s to a fresher. Sorry.

Yeah you could say 16-25 of course, depends on what is legal.

Saw a couple of girls I went to school with recently and was shocked at how bad they looked.

• Advertisement

Yeah you could say 16-25 of course, depends on what is legal.

Saw a couple of girls I went to school with recently and was shocked at how bad they looked.

i saw a girl recently alright who was a stunner in school. hadnt seen her in years. wow, she had changed. she wasnt terrible, but had lost some of her looks

Disagree very strongly. Take a 19 year old girl and compare her with a 29 year old. No comparison.

Reminds me I recently had a hilarious argument with a drunk feminist who claimed she was going to be just as attractive when she's 70 as she is now (about 27).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Oh my god I actually feel like going and hanging myself now, I turned 26 last week.

I actually think I look better now than I did at 18. I'm a beauty therapist, so my skin is still pretty much perfect, but I grew into myself. Now I'm not saying I'm beautiful or anything but I'm a major improvement on my 18 year old self. And I still get id'd on nights out so can't look THAT terrible

Oh my god I actually feel like going and hanging myself now, I turned 26 last week.

I actually think I look better now than I did at 18. I'm a beauty therapist, so my skin is still pretty much perfect, but I grew into myself. Now I'm not saying I'm beautiful or anything but I'm a major improvement on my 18 year old self. And I still get id'd on nights out so can't look THAT terrible

If it makes you feel better I think men are biologically programmed to find 18-25 year olds most attractive since these are the peak years of fertility. It's not necessarily that we're all extremely shallow.

I don't know, I'd rather a well kept, well dressed, polished looking partner (male obviously) than an unkempt, tracksuit wearing acne ridden awkward looking yoke.

I don't know, I'd rather a well kept, well dressed, polished looking partner (male obviously) than an unkempt, tracksuit wearing acne ridden awkward looking yoke.

what if you got on better with the tracksuit guy?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,894 ✭✭✭Triceratops Ballet

This all makes so much sense, I used to get awful hassle from "old" men (anyone over the age of 25) when I was in my late teens early 20s, tbh the young ones can keep it! I wouldn't want it back, you couldn't pay me to be that age again!

Disagree.

YOU can't. We'll leave the 17 year olds to you then Paddy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,585 ✭✭✭newport2

Don't worry, while some might, a lot of men do not share the views being expressed here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭EdenHazard

Roquentin wrote: »
    what if you got on better with the tracksuit guy?

Lexie claims personality win out over looks but is quoted on saying she would laugh in the face if someone who she wasn't attracted to approached her on a night out.

• Advertisement

YOU can't. We'll leave the 17 year olds to you then Paddy.

Thanks. I'll have as many prime and fertile 17 year olds as possible. You can have the over 30s. Hopefully the children are healthy - we know that the chances of things going wrong do go up as women age.

Thanks. I'll have as many prime and fertile 17 year olds as possible. You can have the over 30s. Hopefully the children are healthy - we know that the chances of things going wrong do go up as women age.

That's a really horrible thing to say. I hope you're not going to be one of those pervy old men that's punching above his weight, you're 24 now, not long left!

EdenHazard wrote: »
    Lexie claims personality win out over looks but is quoted on saying she would laugh in the face if someone who she wasn't attracted to approached her on a night out.

Not everyone I wasn't attracted to, just you.

That's a really horrible thing to say. I hope you're not going to be one of those pervy old men that's punching above his weight, you're 24 now, not long left!

I haven't said anything that isn't backed up by science.

I'm 8% body fat and really take care of myself. I look 18-19 and I'll age gracefully. I don't have to work and I'm not stressed at all. I sleep well and have a perfect diet. I think I'll have plenty of time :D

I haven't said anything that isn't backed up by science.

I'm 8% body fat and really take care of myself. I look 18-19 and I'll age gracefully. I don't have to work and I'm not stressed at all. I sleep well and have a perfect diet. I think I'll have plenty of time :D

It doesn't matter how old you look, how much body fat you have. You've already stated that the crows feet, the smile lines, the expression lines, the haggarded look on someone's face makes them unattractive. The best you can hope for is the male version of the butterface. Alright body, but old face.
    I guarantee you at 27/28, if you're still chasing after young tail you'll be the pervert. Even more tragic the older you get.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,050 ✭✭✭nokia69

It doesn't matter how old you look, how much body fat you have. You've already stated that the crows feet, the smile lines, the expression lines, the haggarded look on someone's face makes them unattractive. The best you can hope for is the male version of the butterface. Alright body, but old face.
    I guarantee you at 27/28, if you're still chasing after young tail you'll be the pervert. Even more tragic the older you get.

very true big age gaps are not a good thing

I would only go after a woman 5 years older or 5 years younger

• Registered Users Posts: 5,501 ✭✭✭bb1234567

It's a huge thing now online, most women 5'7" and taller online will state specifically on their profiles that they are only interested in being contacted from guys over 6'...

In fairness, if you take a bit of altitude on this, men and women have just gotten a lot fussier and online technology has enabled that to a huge extent.

The inevitable outcome of this, strangely enough, is that men and women now spend considerably more time online, rejecting potential partners via an online filtering and selection process that eliminates people before a date, based on a very narrow (and often silly) set of criteria, that usually involves a guys height, career, etc, then they do trying to focus on something that might work on a first date or a subsequent date, on the basis of getting to know someone on a real world/personal level.

This in my opinion, is why you see so many single attractive people in their 30's today...

Well 5'7'' is tall for a girl, 3 inches above average. 6 foot is only 2 inches above average male height

And same goes for men. People online seem to act like men age like fine wine or some bs most women over 40 are a lot better looking than men over 40's but its mostly those ugly older guys who are always putting older women down lol. go figure.

Disagree.

Hmm actually you can. Just because we dont all fetishise young girls like you do doesnt mean we cant find girls in their late twenties more attractive than 18 year olds

• Advertisement

bb1234567 wrote: »
    Hmm actually you can. Just because we dont all fetishise young girls like you do doesnt mean we cant find girls in their late twenties more attractive than 18 year olds

Just LOL.

I suppose if a guy prefers a girl with less skin elasticity, more facial lines and so on, then a late 20s girl could be preferable to a fresher.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement