Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ireland's "Peaceful Protestors" - Pest Control?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,354 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

Kippure wrote: »
    You must live in a nice neighbour hood in Ireland.

Lets see how light handed the gardai are.

Mayday.
    Corrib.
    Student protests in Dublin.
    Palestine Protests
    Irish water.
    Are you for real? If 'protesters' behaved like the lot in the videos above in any other country they'd have pepper spray or the riot squad in. These types think they can do as they like and then cry brutality as soon as the guards lay a hand on them. Wise up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭Kippure

Its sad to see so many people accepting defeat.

Do you not know how to stand up for yourselves anymore.

FullStop.

When an oil company forces it way into a small community, it stands up for itself. Just an example buddy.

wprathead.

Im in daily contact with normal people who are enraged about what has happened in Ireland.

Maybe everyone should just bend over and take it eh.

Its frustrating you cant make a positive change to the quality of life in Ireland.

So just bend over. Smile as if you like it or just get use to it.

As a matter of fact. Just stop protesting. Stay inside. Except you will never help bring about change.

Keep paying all your tax,s.

Remember there will be more each year and the year after that etc...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

Those are just pure scum! You can tell by their language they are scum that are entitled to everything and contribute absolutely nothing to the state or their own area!

The sort of people who will protest about the council not cutting their grass for them while they sit at home on the dole thinking up ways of costing the state even more money!

I'm no oil painting and certainly no angel but going by the awful language from them and the vile abuse they are giving the Gardai and the state of some of them with their goose stepping and jailhouse tattoos I would never want them living in my nice normal estate.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

While the protesters are out hanging around and basically wasting everyone's time maybe the can solve the riddle of the magic money tree. The people in those videos are idiots pure and simple.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 397 ✭✭S.O

The selective criticism of the anti water meter protest and self righteousness of some posters on here, having watched the video I can fully understand why the people in that area would get angry with Gardai pushing women who just want to peacefully protest.

Just over a month ago here,s what occured with farmers protesting at a lidl store.
    The farmers have chained up the trolleys at the Lidl supermarket in an attempt to disrupt normal business.

http://www.rte.ie/news/2014/0828/639989-farmers-beef/

http://connachttribune.ie/farmers-plan-beef-protests-lidl-supermarkets/

From looking at the photo in the second link the the front of the lidl store is blocked off with tractors.

For the OP and all the other posters calling the anti water meter protesters all the names going I didn,t see a word nor a peep out of any of you about how the farmers protested by disrupting business by chaining trolleys and parking tractors in the front of a supermarket store, also wasn,t it interesting to note there was no Garda trying to police the farmers protesting in the same manner they were policing yesterdays anti water meter protest.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 306 ✭✭SweetChaos

The IW protests have been going on for months with the local louts provoking and intimidating the workers take a look at the facebook page and look what they call the workers and the guards they seen that the guards are going easy and they like to spend their day shouting and hurling abuse at them and get away with it and continue to say they are "peaceful protesters" . This bullsh1t needs to be nipped in the bud before it gets unmanageable
    RTE is not covering this? Lets march on RTE (which they have in the past) they only want fame and glory and when they are ignored by the media they up the ante and throw a hissy fit and cant see further than their own self importance

They call Irish Water bullies and thugs but a lot of the residents there don't want this and want their area back to normal and are afraid to speak up because if you don't agree with Dublin Says No their face gets plastered all over facebook and youtube and called traitors and sheep and intimidate them and cant see that they are the true bullies and thugs but are "peaceful protesters" and nobody is allowed an opinion if it is anyway different to theirs

A bunch of uneducated mouthy thugs with no respect for the law. They see this as a chance to get back at the guards for all their dealings with them in the past? If the title of the below video has got anything to go by these are not the kind of people you want to be associating with

• Registered Users Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭jamesbere

SweetChaos wrote: »
    The IW protests have been going on for months with the local louts provoking and intimidating the workers take a look at the facebook page and look what they call the workers and the guards they seen that the guards are going easy and they like to spend their day shouting and hurling abuse at them and get away with it and continue to say they are "peaceful protesters" . This bullsh1t needs to be nipped in the bud before it gets unmanageable
    RTE is not covering this? Lets march on RTE (which they have in the past) they only want fame and glory and when they are ignored by the media they up the ante and throw a hissy fit and cant see further than their own self importance

They call Irish Water bullies and thugs but a lot of the residents there don't want this and want their area back to normal and are afraid to speak up because if you don't agree with Dublin Says No their face gets plastered all over facebook and youtube and called traitors and sheep and intimidate them and cant see that they are the true bullies and thugs but are "peaceful protesters" and nobody is allowed an opinion if it is anyway different to theirs

A bunch of uneducated mouthy thugs with no respect for the law. They see this as a chance to get back at the guards for all their dealings with them in the past? If the title of the below video has got anything to go by these are not the kind of people you want to be associating with

And the fella at the end shouting scumbags, talk about laughable. This lot need a kick up the backside.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,488 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

jamesbere wrote: »
    And the fella at the end shouting scumbags, talk about laughable. This lot need a kick up the backside.

Was just about to post about that, The ironyof the tracksuited gob****es having the gall to call the guards scumbags is just laughable.

The 'restless' class I suppose you can call them. The rest of Ireland is out there working or learning. Meanwhile these people are spending their time productively swanning around Urban Dublin shouting insults at people for doing their job.

jank wrote: »
    The 'restless' class I suppose you can call them. The rest of Ireland is out there working or learning. Meanwhile these people are spending their time productively swanning around Urban Dublin shouting insults at people for doing their job.

The sooner the first lot get pepper sprayed and baton charged the better.

• Advertisement

Did anyone notice that the above video had the same 'woman' that was 'knocked down' in the previous video makes a 4 frame appearance? Protest for hire?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭mickydoomsux

'Useless' class would be more apt.

Just how did Ireland become a Republic?

A lot of soft centered party hacks voicing their so called opinion on people standing up against these unjust taxes.

I can imagine in 1916 the very same people calling for the arrest of all Republicans.

I would love the government to introduce a Ahole tax, after reading many comments its clear as day they deficit could be wiped out!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Essien

The 'restless' class I suppose you can call them

I'd say these lads get plenty of rest.

Essien wrote: »
    I'd say these lads get plenty of rest.

And you know that how?

Just because they are protesting about water meters being put in gives you some sort of God knowing all sort of vision?

And you know that how?

Just because they are protesting about water meters being put in gives you some sort of God knowing all sort of vision?

Correct.

Edit: I should clarify that I don't have a problem with people being unemployed, only those who make a career out of it. I was unemployed myself up until earlier this year actually.

Just how did Ireland become a Republic?

A lot of soft centered party hacks voicing their so called opinion on people standing up against these unjust taxes.

I can imagine in 1916 the very same people calling for the arrest of all Republicans.

I would love the government to introduce a Ahole tax, after reading many comments its clear as day they deficit could be wiped out!

Ah the old, "If you don't agree with us then you must be a government supporter" defense :rolleyes:

And you know that how?

It's when you see the SAME faces at protests all over the city that gives you an idea that these lads are professional protesters. As i said before the sooner they are pepper sprayed and baton charged back to their hovels the better for all.

Ah the old, "If you don't agree with us then you must be a government supporter" defense :rolleyes:

So tell us then,

What are you?

Student, Young FG, or someone who bends over and accepts every tax the government throws at them?

Would you pay for Air should FG introduce a tax for that?

It's up there with us being brainwashed by propaganda. Never mind the fact that literally every piece of propaganda I've seen on the topic has been on the 'anti' side.

• Advertisement

It's when you see the SAME faces at protests all over the city that gives you an idea that these lads are professional protesters. As i said before the sooner they are pepper sprayed and baton charged back to their hovels the better for all.

Really?

Ive watched the videos and I certainly dont see the same people, perhaps you could show me 2 of these videos at different areas with the same people protesting?

So tell us then,

What are you?

Student, Young FG, or someone who bends over and accepts every tax the government throws at them?

Would you pay for Air should FG introduce a tax for that?

None of the above,

I have also never voted for FF. FG or Labour.

There is already a carbon tax so technically you do pay for the air you breath.

Really?

Ive watched the videos and I certainly dont see the same people, perhaps you could show me 2 of these videos at different areas with the same people protesting?

I'm not here to do your research for you and no way am i going back to that anti-water facebook page, The grammar alone would bring a persons IQ down several points.

None of the above,

I have also never voted for FF. FG or Labour.

There is already a carbon tax so technically you do pay for the air you breath.

How long have you been the legal age of voting? I cant believe someone who so happily advocate government policies would not even vote for them!

Yes we do have carbon taxes, but we also pay for water in general taxation.

So I ask again,

If FG introduced Air tax would you pay?

I'm not here to do your research for you and no way am i going back to that anti-water facebook page, The grammar alone would bring a persons IQ down several points.

Research?

You made the claim, I am asking you to back up these claims.

The fact you cant shows you are simply trolling.

People before Profit are definitely rousing them up and involved in some protests.

People before Profit are definitely rousing them up and involved in some protests.

Proof?

How long have you been the legal age of voting? I cant believe someone who so happily advocate government policies would not even vote for them!

Yes we do have carbon taxes, but we also pay for water in general taxation.

So I ask again,

If FG introduced a Air tax would you pay?

I have been eligible to vote for over 25 years, I am not happily advocating gov policies and am not ecstatic about paying out for water. I am a realist though and see why this charge was needed.

I have been eligible to vote for over 25 years, I am not happily advocating gov policies and am not ecstatic about paying out for water. I am a realist though and see why this charge was needed.

Why was the charge needed?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 306 ✭✭SweetChaos

Who is paying for the call out for ambulances when these protesters get "injured" and they are clogging up an already over-stretched A&E

Advertisement