Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

My Running Chaos

1303132333436»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,140 ✭✭✭martyboy48

OK I'm still struggling with getting runs done. Putting them off until tomorrow and all that. Still boozing at home at weekends and eating crap ect.
    I think I need to put short term goals down to get me out the door.

So with that I'll be putting weekly plans down here on Sunday evenings with the aim of getting things done and not getting sidetracked ect.
    I ran a poor Craughwell 10 miler last week in 1:08 but that is where I am now.
    I was registered for the Limerick marathon but I've dropped down to the half and I reckon I wont go all out racing it, probably a steady effort.

A few 5ks coming up to keep me busy but the main objectives will be in the Autumn.

Next weeks goals are...
    1. Run 6 days(All easy pace)
    2. Zero alcohol
    3. Do my exercises(Glutes/General Flexibility/Mobility)

Onwards......

Ok, that went well enough. There was definitely 2 runs in there that I would have canned if it were not for me commiting to doing the 6 runs per week. Overall I'm happy with the week and managed to hit all targets.

My weight is still an issue though but hoping consistent running will aid with this. I've been weighing in weekly since the start of the year but it has remained high with some yo-going!!!
    88/90.5/89.5/88.5/88.5/88.5/89.5/88/89.5/ N/A/89.5/89.5/90.5/88.5... Not good!!!!

Same plan for this week. 6 days running(easy), strength/mobility work, No alcohol.....

Last weeks goal achieved. 6 days running, exercises, no alcohol, 57 miles for the week.

Happy with how it went. Had a longing for a beer but resisted and said I'll have one on the long weekend.

This week will see a slight reduction in mileage. A bit of a step back week.
    Plan 45-50 miles, Exercises, alcohol allowed provided I go out for it.....

I'm off work on Friday so that means 4 days break from work so I don't want to get carried away partying :D

88/90.5/89.5/88.5/88.5/88.5/89.5/88/89.5/ N/A/89.5/89.5/90.5/88.5/88

So I ticked most of the boxes set out for myself. I did however drink a small bit 3 nights at home but more disappointed I didn't just go out for an evening as planned!!!!
    Planned 45-50 miles Exercises Moderate alcohol
    Actual 48 miles Done Failed Somewhat

For this week I'm planning running 6 days, mileage over 55, exercises, get back to club for light reintroduction to pace, zero alcohol.
    5K series start on 30th April which should be interesting...

Planned 6 days running
    Actual 3 days

Planned 55+ Miles
    Actual 24 miles

Planned Get down to Club
    Actual Failed

Planned Zero alcohol
    Actual Failed

So, a bit of a disaster really. Missed a run on Monday which put me under pressure for the rest of the week. When I missed Thursdays run I kinda threw in the towel for the week. Did a 10 mile run on Friday and went on the beer Saturday night. Managed to do my exercises though but thats little comfort looking back...

This week could well be troublesome as I have a wedding on Friday.
    I had to work to dip under 20 mins tonight in the first of the Galway 5K's so for the Limerick half I'm reducing my target pace from 1:30 to 1:35. I really just want a good workout from it and go from there...

With that, this weeks plan is more basic, 1:35 half, 6 days running, exercises.

88/90.5/89.5/88.5/88.5/88.5/89.5/88/89.5/N/A/89.5/89.5/90.5/88.5/88/89/90

• Advertisement

Mon 29th April-Sun 05th May

Planned 6 days running
    Actual 5 days

Planned Sub 1:35 Half
    Actual 1:29:xx

Planned Exercises
    Actual Needs Improvement

No runs on Monday and Thursday made me miss target No 1. I can't even remember why :confused:

Limerick Half went well enough. Got down just in the nick of time a threw caution to the wind. Said I'd go out at 1:30 pace and see how long I could hang on. Got a fright in first mile when I got some warning jolts of pain in my glute. Backed off slightly to ease into it and continued on with no more issues.

Somersaulted my ass over a speed bump around mile 9, nearly gave up around mile 12, but plodded on to dip under the 1:30. Good effort but wrecked after it. Blisters and toenails, say no more....

Exercises have been neglected somewhat, have to make that more of a priority....

I'm off work this week so there has been a few beers but nothing to wild. Still recovering somewhat...

My plan was basically fairly easy running this week, exercises and see how it goes.....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,834 ✭✭✭OOnegative

Say your either fatter or fitter this past month?? How the 5k series finish up?

^^^
    Fatter.... Definitely fatter!!!!!

OK, so a brief recap on where I am now....
    Very little running has been done this year, particularly the second half of the year. A disappointing year really, where for one reason or another I kind of lost the love of running. I let a lot of things slip and everything had a detrimental effect on my running.
    Eating to much and the wrong things, drinking to much, lazy days all made the running less enjoyable. I'd run less as a consequence and when I'd try run again I'd struggle with it, get fed up, and take more time off while I ate and drank....

On a positive note, some of the little persistent niggles in my legs have gone!!!!!
    Lately I'm finding the love again so planning on just trying to get some consistency again.

For the early part of 2020 it will be just a case of getting out on a regular basis. I don't want to try and force times or distances so the main main race for the year will be the Berlin marathon. Up to that I'll see how things are going and plan accordingly. Will probably do the Limerick half again in May.

Hopefully, 2020 will bring change, It should do because it's just up to me to make the changes. Wish me luck :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,621 ✭✭✭ThebitterLemon

martyboy48 wrote: »
    ^^^
    Fatter.... Definitely fatter!!!!!

OK, so a brief recap on where I am now....
    Very little running has been done this year, particularly the second half of the year. A disappointing year really, where for one reason or another I kind of lost the love of running. I let a lot of things slip and everything had a detrimental effect on my running.
    Eating to much and the wrong things, drinking to much, lazy days all made the running less enjoyable. I'd run less as a consequence and when I'd try run again I'd struggle with it, get fed up, and take more time off while I ate and drank....

On a positive note, some of the little persistent niggles in my legs have gone!!!!!
    Lately I'm finding the love again so planning on just trying to get some consistency again.

For the early part of 2020 it will be just a case of getting out on a regular basis. I don't want to try and force times or distances so the main main race for the year will be the Berlin marathon. Up to that I'll see how things are going and plan accordingly. Will probably do the Limerick half again in May.

Hopefully, 2020 will bring change, It should do because it's just up to me to make the changes. Wish me luck :)

See you for the Resolution Run Tubby :)

We can run around together with the auld wans!

TbL

Advertisement