Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My Running Chaos

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭hot buttered scones

Good luck on Sunday. Have a good one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,921 ✭✭✭Kennyg71

Best Luck Sunday, have a good one.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,883 ✭✭✭Younganne

Best of luck Sunday. Enjoy every minute Martyboyo!!.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,621 ✭✭✭ThebitterLemon

All the best Marty, have a great race and try and get home safely :)

TbL

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭Annie get your Run

martyboy48 wrote: »
    Will go out at 3:20 pace and see how it goes.....

So far, so good.....c'mon marty!!!

• Advertisement

So far, so good.....c'mon marty!!!

3:20:20! Great stuff Marty :) Hope you're delighted with that!!

I gather it went how it was supposed too! Well done.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,140 ✭✭✭martyboy48

I gather it went how it was supposed too! Well done.

Yes and no 😠was ahead of 3:15 pace till mile 21 I think... faded a bit but wasnt worried as had small bit of time banked... hammers went at 23.5-24 miles at struggled there on. .. will know more when I load data ðŸ˜

Happy out with no injuries though, will put that down to lack of long run conditioning...

All good 😊

• Registered Users Posts: 6,621 ✭✭✭ThebitterLemon

Well done Marty

TbL

Well I'm home :D:D
    Great time was had over there,
    Will go again... But then again, I said that about Rotterdam :D

Berlin 2017
    As posted above, was going grand. Bit of a drop of pace as I tightened up a bit, and then the hammers locked up requiring a couple of stoppages and jog to the finish....
    Happy enough, "should" be good for spring marathon if I'm sensible.
    Couple of things of note. I was very comfortable up to this point. Just before the start of my demise, I was going well and feeling comfortable... I was even saying to myself something along the lines of "Geez, I'm going well, this isn't to bad at all"..... Is this a bad sign where one will get complacent?? Maybe there's a bit in it....

Also, I forgot how sore the muscles get after a marathon.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,834 ✭✭✭OOnegative

Couple of things of note. I was very comfortable up to this point. Just before the start of my demise, I was going well and feeling comfortable... I was even saying to myself something along the lines of "Geez, I'm going well, this isn't to bad at all"..... Is this a bad sign where one will get complacent?? Maybe there's a bit in it....

Also, I forgot how sore the muscles get after a marathon.....

Said exact same through mile 21 in Limerick, then boom!!!! Well done again Marty, sets you up nicely for a decent assault on a spring Marathon as you say. Be good to see a Galway man go sub 3, without all the huffing & puffing like that other lad.

Usual vague update post marathon :D
    For a week after Berlin I did my usual of eating and drinking EVERYTHING around me :D Managed 12 miles :D
    The following week I decided to do a bit more.... A small bit more :) Got to 34 miles mostly easy but pushed a bit on the Wednesday 10 miler to see how I felt.... Not to bad :)
    This week just gone, I wanted to put a small bit of intensity into the work. With that I returned to the club on Tuesday for a planned 10*4mins... I didn't set the watch to avoid over stretching to achieve "targets" so just went with the club whistle :)
    Came in roughly at HMP which was tough but manageable Link Managed 50 miles in total with 10 miles on friday with 9@MP, 7 @7:49 on Saturday, and long run of 17 miles @7:51 today....Link... A bit heavy coming from the last week but needed to see how I am... All good...
    Next up is DCM... Not going to lash into it, just tip along. 3:30 in mind but if it's to busy there I'll drop back and have some craic for a change....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭El Caballo

Best of luck tomorrow Marty! Have a good one chief!

Good luck tomorrow!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,038 ✭✭✭Neady83

Good luck to tomorrow Marty :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭jake1970

Best of luck tomorrow Marty.

Good luck tomorrow Marty, nothing crazy now!!! Run well dude, if ya need directions home from Dublin next Thursday give me a shout!!!!

Best of luck Marty - you know where to find me - I'm currently practising this :D:D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,095 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

All the best tomorrow Marty. Keep her lit, all the way to the finish!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,936 ✭✭✭annapr

Best of luck Marty!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,415 ✭✭✭Singer

Have a good 'un Marty!

Best of luck Marty, have a super run.

Thanks all. Really enjoyed that. Plan was to go at 3:30 pace and enjoy it. And that I did ☺
    Excellent organisation and support once again.

I've only done 2 other foreign marathons, rotterden and berlin) and I wouldn't be bias to say Dublin for me tops the list as an all round package(besides the price of accommodation)...

Anyway, the race... AGYR blanked me as usual in the park ☺ 2 years in a row I might add!!!
    Stayed ahead of 3:30 pacers and a bit after halfway I eased ahead a bit more..
    Chip time 3:25:05 and strong finish.... For a change ☺
    I think TFGR jinked me though... my bodyglide didn't hold up for once and I suffered at the end... Maybe my moobs have ballooned since berlin ☺

It's great to meet so many runners on occasions like this only for them to plant seeds in your head about other races, and that is before the beers ☺

Hope everyone had a good day ☺

Feck ya Marty :D you were hiding for sure, I even wore my good glasses :D Glad I caught you in McGrattans though - well done today, great to see you back in action.

great to see you back in action.

So you've seen Marty in action..........

• Registered Users Posts: 3,936 ✭✭✭annapr

The marathon haircut definitely helped Marty :D. Good to see you yesterday and well done!

well done Marty, great running and thanks for the lovely hug before hand.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,776 ✭✭✭This Fat Girl Runs

Thanks all. Really enjoyed that. Plan was to go at 3:30 pace and enjoy it. And that I did ☺
    Excellent organisation and support once again.

I've only done 2 other foreign marathons, rotterden and berlin) and I wouldn't be bias to say Dublin for me tops the list as an all round package(besides the price of accommodation)...

Anyway, the race... AGYR blanked me as usual in the park ☺ 2 years in a row I might add!!!
    Stayed ahead of 3:30 pacers and a bit after halfway I eased ahead a bit more..
    Chip time 3:25:05 and strong finish.... For a change ☺
    I think TFGR jinked me though... my bodyglide didn't hold up for once and I suffered at the end... Maybe my moobs have ballooned since berlin ☺

It's great to meet so many runners on occasions like this only for them to plant seeds in your head about other races, and that is before the beers ☺

Hope everyone had a good day ☺

Sorry about that! :P I even tried to get some sample body glide sticks for my stand but no such luck. I think next year I might try to get a volunteer and have two stands going, one in the park and another one closer to the end. I will think it over!

Right, back to it.... 1 week on from Dublin and time to get back on track. Planning on putting some serious work in over the next few months....

Monday 07/11/2017 6.2miles @ 8:12 (84)
    Cold, blustery and misty run around town. Had to have a chat with myself to get out the door. Said it would be bad to wimp out on the first proper run back :D
    Link Nice once I got warmed up :)

• Advertisement

Tuesday 07/11/2017 4.2 miles @ 7:11 (Club Speed)
    A light reintroduction of speed post DCM. Had no targets here, just up the pace
    and feel me way through it. Session was 6x3min(1min rec) then 3x90 sec(1min rec)..
    Link Found it hard to get going but enjoyed the challenge and change of pace. Legs were tired and a bit achy for a couple of days after it though :)

Wednesday 08/11/2017 Rest

Thursday 09/11/2017 10.1 miles @ 7:54
    Another salthill 10 miler. Legs were still a bit jaded starting out but never to the point of worryingly so. Enjoyed the run.

Friday 10/11/2017 10 miles @ 7:58
    Another 10 miler on a slightly different route, but same pace. Soreness gone from the legs and feeling good.

Saturday 11/11/2017 6.1 miles @ 8:24
    Quick jaunt in and around the city. Christmas vibe really starting to kick in... Decorations going up around the town already... If I had my way Christmas shouldn't even be mentioned until December!!!!

Sunday 12/11/2017 15.1 miles @ 8:14 Link Heading towards 6pm before I got out tonight. Planned on building up long runs again pretty swiftly providing the body allows. Plan for tonight was anything between 10-15 miles and just see how it goes. Kept it local and did some reps of a road I used a couple of years ago when training for Connemara Ultra. Doughiska road is about a mile long and you are pretty much on a hill of some description all the time.
    Enjoyed this run. It brought back memories of when I was on an
    upward curve.... Memories :)

10k race pencilled in for next weekend. It will serve as a tester to see where I am. I'm not really that confident in myself as I am struggling to hit any kind of pace never mind maintain it for any period of time. Rumour has it TbL is turning up. I hope he does as I will try to hang onto his coattails for the first 5k before letting him sail off in the sunset... I'll have to break out my "fast" runners for this one :)

Advertisement