Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2015 Season Ticket

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,092 ✭✭✭celticbest

I have a couple of questions i hope one/some of you can answer!

I've just printed off one set of my tickets and I'm in 406. Can anyone advise where that is and what the view is like? I thought the levels were 300's, 500's and 700's? Have never sat in the 400's!

Been in them once, as far as I remember 404 is just at the back of 304, it's the seats with the Armrests that were used by dignitaries when the Hogan was being redeveloped.
    Secondly I'm a dual season ticket holder. (The other tickets i have are much better in 304) Does anyone know what the procedure is in this case? If I can't find someone to use my 2nd set of tickets will the GAA update my attendance anyway as I'm there for both games, I can just only use one set!

Scan both sets of tickets to be on the safe side...

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭sheff the ref

Have not had attendance logged for the Limerick vs Wexford double header a few weeks ago. Tickets were not scanned, it was handwritten. I said to the stilesman that there were problems before and he assured me that he was recording them and there would be no problem. Here we are and attendance is not logged

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 10,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stoner

The seats this year have been the worst ever. We are never under cover in CP. Got drenched at the Monaghan game. It appears as if they just want to mess holders around.

One ex-GAA official was quite strong in his disapproval of the concept a few years ago. His point was that it diluted the pool of tickets that could be used for favours and that it also meant people with no affiliation to any club could go to games regularly without ticket problems, sail into Croke Park and sit in better seats than those who slog for the clubs all year.

That sort of talk, if repeated enough tends to stick like mud. I am a club secretary meaning that I would have access to tickets, but I use the season ticket. As a club officer I think the season ticket is a fantastic asset but they need to resolve the non-logging of attendance. They also need to commit to seating supporters centrally
    Stoner wrote: »
    The seats this year have been the worst ever. We are never under cover in CP. Got drenched at the Monaghan game. It appears as if they just want to mess holders around.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 10,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stoner

That sort of talk, if repeated enough tends to stick like mud. I am a club secretary meaning that I would have access to tickets, but I use the season ticket. As a club officer I think the season ticket is a fantastic asset but they need to resolve the non-logging of attendance. They also need to commit to seating supporters centrally
    I've access to tickets too. But the constant bartering etc for tickets every year is a drag. I like the independence having a season ticket offers. Nobody ever asks for your season ticket or the championship ticket you kind of earn.
    But between club and businesses other tickets can go for a hop. I have often been at most Dublin games during the year yet had to give my championship tickets to a client who never went to any games during the year never mind having nothing to do with a club.

I understand that some season ticket holders have nothing to do with a club. But there are a few worse set of fans to target than people who attend away games.

I'd invited a couple of guys to our box last year. I won't mention the county but they told me the would love a seat on the box once the semi finals kick in. Told me that they took their support too far sometimes.
    I do nothing for my club, in fact I don't really feel associated with a club anymore,
    I'd pay twice as much for my season ticket if they just left it alone and stopped trying to downgrade it.

I'm not looking for a reward for going to the games, they are a reward enough on their own.

But they are a good idea, my gang and I spend a bit in the stadiums I visit. I always buy a ticket for the local raffle there are some hidden benefits to season ticket holders like myself.

I will return to a club soon enough hopefully. But at the moment there should be something for intercounty fans who travel and supported the players

• Advertisement

Anyone else's attendance not recorded for the Match in Clones last Sunday?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

celticbest wrote: »
    Anyone else's attendance not recorded for the Match in Clones last Sunday?

You are aware yesterday was a bank holiday, right?

You are aware yesterday was a bank holiday, right?

Yeah? Are you saying all Season Ticket attendances are manually entered and not automated?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,248 ✭✭✭Redsoxfan

Just looking for some opinions..

My ST (the card) was lost last week. I am debating whether or not to report it as lost as at this stage, I think doing so is more trouble than it's worth.

My assumptions are:

1. Every championship game ticket and Croke Park ticket (for league play offs) is print at home as far as I know?
    2. I will likely be charged for a replacement card or it will cause some hassle with respect to seating groups/linked credit cards etc?
    3. To access my account, you need my email address and password - the number on the card doesn't do anything on its own. I guess someone could use the details on the card to contact the ST office and somehow get my login details from them, but I am hoping they wouldn't be that niave to give out details....

True you won't need the actual card from here on in.
    Someone could still try to change your details to get tickets but I'm sure it would be difficult for them. You could email the ticket office and let them know you lost it but you don't need a new ticket, and to keep your details as is.

• Advertisement

celticbest wrote: »
    Yeah? Are you saying all Season Ticket attendances are manually entered and not automated?

The guns store the cards read but they have to be sent back to county HQ (or maybe even GAA HQ) and then uploaded from there. Last year I missed being marked as attended for a hurling match because the scanning gun was already on its way back to Croker before half time. On a normal working week your attendance isn't done until Tuesday or in some cases Wednesday, it follows then that on a bank holiday there'll be a slight delay.
    Redsoxfan wrote: »
    Just looking for some opinions..

My ST (the card) was lost last week. I am debating whether or not to report it as lost as at this stage, I think doing so is more trouble than it's worth.

My assumptions are:

1. Every championship game ticket and Croke Park ticket (for league play offs) is print at home as far as I know?
    2. I will likely be charged for a replacement card or it will cause some hassle with respect to seating groups/linked credit cards etc?
    3. To access my account, you need my email address and password - the number on the card doesn't do anything on its own. I guess someone could use the details on the card to contact the ST office and somehow get my login details from them, but I am hoping they wouldn't be that niave to give out details....

It's a fiver for a new card. I assume you're a Dub with the assumption you'll be in croker from here on out. If we end up going the back door route or if the GAA decide not to give Dublin home for championship this year you'll end up with a brief window to get that replacement. I doubt you'll be able to blag your way in via the season ticket holders names list if you don't have the card. For the sake of a fiver for the replacement (it's in the in T&Cs) you might be better off getting a new one.

It's a fiver for a new card. I assume you're a Dub with the assumption you'll be in croker from here on out. If we end up going the back door route or if the GAA decide not to give Dublin home for championship this year you'll end up with a brief window to get that replacement. I doubt you'll be able to blag your way in via the season ticket holders names list if you don't have the card. For the sake of a fiver for the replacement (it's in the in T&Cs) you might be better off getting a new one.

Cheers, but I'm not a Dub. Any Championship tickets, Croke Park or not, are print at home in my experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,824 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

Redsoxfan wrote: »
    Cheers, but I'm not a Dub. Any Championship tickets, Croke Park or not, are print at home in my experience.

Mine too

Oh well. Card resurfaced. Too late to be scanned last Sunday....

• Registered Users Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭Trampas

406 for me on Sunday. 2nd time this season under the roof. Seems like we are been put into worse seats over time to cancel the season ticket.

Bad form

Trampas wrote: »
    406 for me on Sunday. 2nd time this season under the roof. Seems like we are been put into worse seats over time to cancel the season ticket.

Bad form

In 302 with 'Bring a Friend'...

• Registered Users Posts: 4 BlueSteele78

Bad form

Out of curiosity are you an 'Upper Tier' Season ticket holder? I queried my seats for the Derry game as was in 406 and was told it was because I was an upper tier season ticket holder, the lower tier holders get 1st option of the 'good seats'.

We're 303 on Sunday but to be honest would prefer the 406 seats, view was pretty good, right at the halfway line and was bone dry when it rained :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭Trampas

Out of curiosity are you an 'Upper Tier' Season ticket holder? I queried my seats for the Derry game as was in 406 and was told it was because I was an upper tier season ticket holder, the lower tier holders get 1st option of the 'good seats'.

We're 303 on Sunday but to be honest would prefer the 406 seats, view was pretty good, right at the halfway line and was bone dry when it rained :)

I'm a season ticket holder since it came out originally so no idea how many years now.

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭C.O.Y.B.I.B

I'm a season ticket holder since it came out originally so no idea how many years now.

Same as you. We seem to always end up in the same row. Also not happy with 406 for the second time.time, however it was easy to move last ttime and hopefully there'll be better for the Champo.

Bad form

I got 405/406 SS/RR for the AI finals and was delighted with them. When you get TT-ZZ it can be a killer because the roof blocks your view - is that what you got? Personally I dislike the C/D/E I got last year during the championship repeatedly despite getting O-MM during the league.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭VONSHIRACH

was in 406 2 games back and was fine, close to the tea/coffee/warmth also.

Got drenched at Dub vs Monaghan and bad dose for nearly 2 weeks, but thats just the weather.

In 307 row f this sunday. Praying for dryness.

305 L for me (DL). Am generally too close to the pitch for my liking.

406 is a great place. Guaranteed to be under cover. Can be a bit breezy though

Bad form

• Registered Users Posts: 18,921 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

We had 306FF for this weekend. Pretty happy with them given the muck we've had all League.

Didn't get to use them though. Had a dose so the oul lad took em.

Got 307EE, also very happy with them. Can't wait to get shafted during the Championship like the last four years

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭eamonpk

Do I need to pay for my ticket for the Division 3 Final if I have a Fermagh Season ticket

And if not is there an easy way to get buy tickets beside mine for my sons who don't have season tickets

Thanks

eamonpk wrote: »
    Do I need to pay for my ticket for the Division 3 Final if I have a Fermagh Season ticket

No.
    And if not is there an easy way to get buy tickets beside mine for my sons who don't have season tickets

Thanks

Yes, you should get an email about 'Bring a Friend' although I'm not sure if that covers U-16 tickets (i.e. might be full price only). It will affect your location and seating group.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭diceyreilly

Any hurler season tickets not using their tix for Nowlan Park on Sunday. Looking for 2 please.

Thanks

Bring a friend option for the Dublin v Cork game has Adults & Children,

Untitled_zpsuafudnyo.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭C.O.Y.B.I.B

Looking for 1 Adult ST for Sunday if anyone isnt using , but wants it scanned :D

Thanks

Advertisement