Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2015 Season Ticket

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,092 ✭✭✭celticbest

DDC1990 wrote: »
    Got an email today from the Season Ticket Email account, offering Premium Tickets to The Script for €85.

Interesting.

Got that mail last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭C.O.Y.B.I.B

celticbest wrote: »
    Had my Bluetooth on as requested but the App didn't do a thing on Sunday....

Did it work/do anything for anyone?

Got a message as I was leaving thanking me for my attendance !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭mayo.mick

Any link to the app?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Is this another kick for ST holders.
    We got our email this morning, even though stand tickets are on general sale and clubs are getting them:
    " Season ticketholders will be seated in the Unreserved Sideline Seating for this fixture."

From their site they state below.
    http://www.gaa.ie/tickets-and-merchandise/tickets/gaa-season-ticket/where-will-i-be-seated/
    You will be guaranteed a seat in a stand for any all-ticket Provincial Championship matches

Are they just tryin to get rid of the ST's by pi55ing people off?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,923 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

yop wrote: »
    We got our email this morning, even though stand tickets are on general sale and clubs are getting them:
    " Season ticketholders will be seated in the Unreserved Sideline Seating for this fixture."

http://www.gaa.ie/tickets-and-merchandise/tickets/gaa-season-ticket/where-will-i-be-seated/
    You will be guaranteed a seat in a stand for any all-ticket Provincial Championship matches

I got a Bring a Friend ticket for a mate so we're in 302.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭VONSHIRACH

I got a Bring a Friend ticket for a mate so we're in 302.

I think the two of you are talking about different venues.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,258 ✭✭✭Redsoxfan

yop wrote:

The definition of 'stand' can be any tiered seating. Doesn't have to be covered.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,352 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

I've a terrace ticket for the final in Roscommon, and I'm going with season ticket holders, I take it I'll be separated from them so? Any way around this at all?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,357 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

martyos121 wrote: »
    I've a terrace ticket for the final in Roscommon, and I'm going with season ticket holders, I take it I'll be separated from them so? Any way around this at all?

I don't have a season ticket but an interesting article in the Roscommon Herald regarding the Connacht final. The capacity of the stand is 3600, much less than the amount of season ticket holders . Season ticket holders are only entitled to general admission according to Michael Fahy of Roscommon GAA. According to him "I don't know where the myth that people are entitled to stand tickets comes from" (or words to that effect).
    Like I said, I don't have a ST but I also fell for this 'myth'..... strange set up.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,352 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

I don't have a season ticket but an interesting article in the Roscommon Herald regarding the Connacht final. The capacity of the stand is 3600, much less than the amount of season ticket holders . Season ticket holders are only entitled to general admission according to Michael Fahy of Roscommon GAA. According to him "I don't know where the myth that people are entitled to stand tickets comes from" (or words to that effect).
    Like I said, I don't have a ST but I also fell for this 'myth'..... strange set up.

Yeah I read about that, heard they were being put in sideline seating. Might have to try and swap for a sideline ticket if that's the case. Still in shock at the venue though, there are more attractive bogs in the province than hyde park.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

Aren't ST holders automatically charged a stand price for this? They can't exactly say they're only entitled to general admission if they charge them €30 for a ticket.

It's simply not cost effective anymore to invest in a season ticket unless you support a county that has a genuine chance at an All Ireland final appearance.

• Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭glack

We're being charged €25 and not €30 which is the price of the stand tickets. Terrace is €20. While I'd much rather be in the stand or at least have the option of a first come, first served use of the stand if there isn't sufficient seats, I think we all need to get over it!

yop wrote: »

VONSHIRACH wrote: »
    I think the two of you are talking about different venues.

Seems that way. Wasn't even thinking about Connacht. Unsurprising for a Dub.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,814 ✭✭✭windy shepard henderson

i dont think its a problem with the season ticket side of things , the problem is common sense should have prevailed and the game should have probably played in castlebar , which is the biggest venue and closest to both counties

monaghan will have home advantage against donegal in the ulster final

dublin will have home advantage against westmeath in the leinster final

kerry had home advantage in the munster final and will have the replay again saturday week

tipperary will have home advantage sunday against waterford in the munster hurling final

most of these venues were selected either as designated provincial venues , or as the case in munster the best venues available and to the advantage of both sets of supporters , in fairness castlebar would have ticked the same box's , as far as i am aware was'nt the hyde closed i recent months?

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭Mayo Club 51

We have a post up on our site now with all the match info for Sunday.
    http://mayoclub51.com/drive-for-five-in-the-hyde/
    Important information for season ticket holders. Make sure to check your payment card account details are up to date or your season ticket card will not scan on Sunday.

Bring the colour - Bring the noise!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,104 ✭✭✭Oldtree

We have a post up on our site now with all the match info for Sunday.
    http://mayoclub51.com/drive-for-five-in-the-hyde/
    Important information for season ticket holders. Make sure to check your payment card account details are up to date or your season ticket card will not scan on Sunday.

Bring the colour - Bring the noise!

Lovely write up there, and thank you for the reminder to bring toilet paper ;-)

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 10,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stoner

Seems that way. Wasn't even thinking about Connacht. Unsurprising for a Dub.

Generalise much?

Stoner wrote: »
    Generalise much?

McBain-Standup-Meme.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 695 ✭✭✭zombieHanalei

I missed one of Limerick's 10 games, and all in all I don't think I'll be renewing this as the value just isn't there. Given that tickets for league games are sold so cheap online I actually made a loss compared to had I just bought all tickets online. I'd only buy it again if I feel Limerick have a high chance of making an All-Ireland final, and right now I don't see that happening in 2016.

Hurling tickets should be €5 or €10 cheaper as all football counties will get at least one extra league game. (Sure division 3B teams will only get either 3 or 4 games in the league), and to reiterate the point, selling league tickets cheaper online really does screw the season ticket holder.

It's an excellent idea but they could do better with it.

I missed one of Limerick's 10 games, and all in all I don't think I'll be renewing this as the value just isn't there. Given that tickets for league games are sold so cheap online I actually made a loss compared to had I just bought all tickets online. I'd only buy it again if I feel Limerick have a high chance of making an All-Ireland final, and right now I don't see that happening in 2016.

Hurling tickets should be €5 or €10 cheaper as all football counties will get at least one extra league game. (Sure division 3B teams will only get either 3 or 4 games in the league), and to reiterate the point, selling league tickets cheaper online really does screw the season ticket holder.

It's an excellent idea but they could do better with it.

It was an excellent idea.

The only thing that keeps me getting it every year is the guaranteed AIF tickets (when we get there). No reason as a Dub to stop getting one as the years roll on.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 10,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stoner

They just don't like them IMO. They'd rather we all went away.

They talk about you should get the tickets from your club, they miss the extra AI tickets for handing out to business baddies (who obviously can't get them from clubs as they don't get involved )

As a season ticket holder Im less likely to miss a game. How the lads can't see that is beyond me. You might get your tickets online next year But you might miss more than one game too.

You can't get anymore Dublin season tickets. That means they don't like them IMO.
    They have been good value for me as our footballers won the league three years in a row and have progressed well in the championship. They are great value if you progress in the league as all league games are free.

That said if I was from Limerick I'd think exactly like you .
    It shouldn't be a lotto only working if your team does well.
    It should be a ticket that rewards regular attendance like yours.

As it stands its a gamble, it's nearly an insurance plan, something you pay extra for to guarantee you access to pay full price for a ticket if your team gets through.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,839 ✭✭✭statto25

Anyone at the Connacht Final updated yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭glack

statto25 wrote: »
    Anyone at the Connacht Final updated yet?
    Mine hasn't yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

Yeah my attendance does not appear to have been updated..

• Registered Users Posts: 48,137 ✭✭✭✭km79

not updated here either

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

Actually says I did not attend?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,075 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Probably won't renew next season. As mentioned the value isn't there and as league games can be pre bought for €10 the value is even less in getting a season ticket.

Connaught final attendance updated

• Registered Users Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭mayo.mick

Mine has just been updated this morning.

• Advertisement

mayo.mick wrote: »
    Mine has just been updated this morning.

My friends has not updated
    He contacted them and he was told it will not be as there was no issues with scanners !
    What does he do now ?

Advertisement