Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2015 Season Ticket

Options
1121314151618»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,921 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

VONSHIRACH wrote: »
    Its €99 for a season ticket renewal. Bit of an increase there, way in excess really.

Just got the email there myself. Not happy at all about it.

€119 now for me plus juvenile.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Al_Goonie

It seems a bit of a jump alright. Wasn't it €85 last year?

What's the club+ business? Guaranteed ticket for the final even if you don't attend any championship games.

We are getting an extra game though in the club championship aren't we? That wasn't available in previous incarnations was it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,092 ✭✭✭celticbest

Al_Goonie wrote: »
    We are getting an extra game though in the club championship aren't we? That wasn't available in previous incarnations was it?

What game?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭diceyreilly

Is the club plus give them 200 and that's it for the season.

celticbest wrote: »
    What game?

The club championship final in Croke Park Paddy's day, I don't remember being offered that previously

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

The club championship final in Croke Park Paddy's day, I don't remember being offered that previously

We were. Have been the last 2 years as I've been to both.

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭agfasfos

They are really pushing their luck with the Season Ticket, no way am I paying €99 for the luxury, just take my chances & see how things go in 2016.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭digsy32

Is it still 60% attendance record to qualify for AI final ticket?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

digsy32 wrote: »
    Is it still 60% attendance record to qualify for AI final ticket?

It is indeed.

I see they can now relocate us if security issues arise without notice. That covers the Connacht Final.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,095 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

So, for argument sake...

5 League games plus either a relegation final or a league quarter and semi final (for argument sake lets say your county loses the semi so you don't go to the league final). Total 6/7 games.

1st Championship game brings you to say 8 games.

99/8 = 12.35 per game.

Paying individually (assuming you buy the league tickets in advance would be.

5 League games @ 10 = 50
    2 Knockout league games (not sure of the price, say 15 each) = 30
    1st round championship = 20

Total €1 saving, IF you go to every league match.

Hate to say it but very hard to justify for the convenience of an All Ireland final ticket, which could put you in the corner on row A.

This is assuming the hurling tickets will also be €99, not received an email yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭mayo.mick

adrian522 wrote: »
    So, for argument sake...

5 League games plus either a relegation final or a league quarter and semi final (for argument sake lets say your county loses the semi so you don't go to the league final). Total 6/7 games.

99/8 = 12.35 per game.

5 League games @ 10 = 50

Hate to say it but very hard to justify for the convenience of an All Ireland final ticket, which could put you in the corner on row A.

This is assuming the hurling tickets will also be €99, not received an email yet.

I have done a price comparrison on how the season ticket has devalued since I first got it in 2009. Its only accurate to the match's Mayo have been in in each year. I'd want to do it out for every match for a year to give an accurate comparrison.

adrian522 wrote: »
    So, for argument sake...

99/8 = 12.35 per game.

5 League games @ 10 = 50

Your forgetting the 5 euro off each championship match after that. Which for us was another 4 matches. Another 20 euro.
    But its value is diminishing though isn't it.
    They want rid of us at this stage.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,095 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

yop wrote: »
    Your forgetting the 5 euro off each championship match after that. Which for us was another 4 matches. Another 20 euro.
    But its value is diminishing though isn't it.
    They want rid of us at this stage.

Fair enough, but for me last year, only had 4 championship matches, so the first is included, the second was the Leinster final so no discount, €5 discount on All Ireland semi final and no discount on All Ireland final.

So yeah, value is greatly diminished year on year. Hard to know what to do, the convenience is great, don't have to sort tickets in advance, no need to worry about All Ireland final ticket hunt if lucky enough to get there, just the value is not what it used to be.

I'll probably end up getting it again for the above reasons.

Does anyone know when the league fixtures are out?

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭sheff the ref

€200 for an intercounty GAA season ticket, plus all club games is certainly value for money provided you attend a lot of games. If you lose out on the intercounty side, you will more than make up for it in club games.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,824 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

€200 for an intercounty GAA season ticket, plus all club games is certainly value for money provided you attend a lot of games. If you lose out on the intercounty side, you will more than make up for it in club games.

Not much use if you live in a different county.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,065 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

From €85 to €99 is a 16.5% increase!! Value last year was marginal but this year it's no longer there. Two tickets that won't be renewed here anyway at this price point.

yop wrote: »
    We were. Have been the last 2 years as I've been to both.

Fair enough, I couldn't remember

• Registered Users Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭diceyreilly

It's always been on it

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭Fear Ciarrai

namloc1980 wrote:
    From €85 to €99 is a 16.5% increase!! Value last year was marginal but this year it's no longer there. Two tickets that won't be renewed here anyway at this price point.

Maybe entry price for league games is set to increase?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,507 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Maybe entry price for league games is set to increase?

Last time the season ticket went up in price the price of single league games actually reduced. May have happened twice in fact mad.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭sheff the ref

Just checked there and exactly two years ago, the renewal price was €75 on the early bird, so it is a big enough increase in that time. For that €75 we still had access to every league game across the divisions. We arent getting anything extra for the €99 unless admission prices increase. However if admission prices increase, the attendances may suffer so I cant see them doing that

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 10,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stoner

It's always been on it

True. There is nothing extra on the ticket now.
    Three years ago when it was 75 Euro you kept a good seat/zone for the championship , now you don't

Advertisement