Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2015 Season Ticket

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

that would seem to support the theory that all the screwing around with AI tickets wasn't just about increased demand (still makes no sense), but about trying to eliminate a scheme that doesn't sit well with county board dinosaurs looking to sort out their cronies with tickets.

I'd say its more likely that the powers that be, want to keep more tickets to give or sell to the sponsors, corporate box owners, Premium ticket purchasers, advertizers etc etc. There is A LOT more money to be made from them, than there is from Joe Bloggs in the street, or letting the old geezers in the back room all over the county, sort out their mates with tickets.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭mayo.mick

I contacted Croke Park must be nearly a month ago now. I know of 3 people (5 tickets) that were not renewing. I wanted to add 1 to my account. They are not going on sale so I assume they are being converted to the club+ ticket for €200. Is the same thing happening in Dublin? Existing season ticket holders would need to be made aware that if they don't renew, their tickets will be gone for good.

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭Mayo Club 51

Today is the last day to order or renew if you want your tickets delivered before Christmas.

Today is the last day to order or renew if you want your tickets delivered before Christmas.

Did anyone get their season tickets yet? First batch's should be on the way soon?

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭agfasfos

Nothing yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,921 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

Nowt as well.

mayo.mick wrote: »
    Did anyone get their season tickets yet? First batch's should be on the way soon?

Arrived this morning! Roll on 2015 :D

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭agfasfos

Mine too, looking forward to a long hot summer in 2015 but who knows, for some the quest for Sam could be short lived ?.

For anyone that might be interested. Mayo Club 51 will be setting up seating groups again this year. We will have full details shortly. More info on how to set up your seating group here; http://mayoclub51.com/members/club-51-seating-groups/

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭sheff the ref

I think the season tickets offer tremendous value especially with the ability to attend league games as a neutral but for certain games we could get better seats.

I go to matches without fail, but there always seem to be problems logging my attendance. There are always matches I have attended that they don't have a record of. Last year they decided that they were not updating attendance records anymore, but it is not my fault that they haven't logged my attendance. Has anyone else had this problem?

• Advertisement

I think the season tickets offer tremendous value especially with the ability to attend league games as a neutral but for certain games we could get better seats.

I go to matches without fail, but there always seem to be problems logging my attendance. There are always matches I have attended that they don't have a record of. Last year they decided that they were not updating attendance records anymore, but it is not my fault that they haven't logged my attendance. Has anyone else had this problem?

There were a lot of problems last year here in Mayo and a few other counties. The main problem was the Stewards on the stile not scanning the cards correctly. We had a lot of communication with Croke Park over it. All the details of how we got on are here.

When issues first arrised with the Mayo GAA Season Tickets

And our follow up correspondence with Croke Park.

Where had you problems with your season ticket not being scanned/recorded?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,092 ✭✭✭celticbest

Renewed my season ticket last week just wondering if anyone knows when the January batch of Season Tickets will be posted?

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭APM

I can't understand why the GAA won't open the Season tickets for Dublin or Mayo people to buy-in to it.

Its a win/win for the GAA. It virtually guarantees good attendances for the league games, and the early championship games which haven't a hope of selling out anyway. In fact the only game it would really affect is the AI Final. I can't recall many other Dublin games in the last few years which were difficult to get tickets for.

For the sake of losing a few thousand All Ireland final tickets, the GAA would earn so much more money by making people pay for/attend over 60% of the games all year. And if the Dubs or Mayo don't make the All Ireland final its an even more win/win for the GAA.

Very short-sighted I believe.

celticbest wrote: »
    Renewed my season ticket last week just wondering if anyone knows when the January batch of Season Tickets will be posted?

Any season tickets ordered after the 28th (I think) of November 2014 will be processed and sent out in January. You should have your tickets in the post before the start of the league in February. You should have gotten a confirmation e-mail, if all comes to all and you don't receive your tickets in time for the first match, just bring your e-mail print out to the match.

Give Liz a shout in the season ticket office, they are quite helpful.

seasonticket@gaa.ie

Season-Ticket-swap-300x199.jpg

We now have some seating groups set up on our website. There are some places still left in some of the groups. If you would like to add your seating group, get in contact with us. Full details on how to set up your season ticket seating group and how to add people to your group can be found on our site here; http://mayoclub51.com/members/club-51-seating-groups/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 695 ✭✭✭zombieHanalei

Anyone else still waiting for the arrival of their season ticket??

Hi zombieHanalei,

Out of curiousity when did you renew/order your season ticket? If you are from Mayo, is it the Cairde Mhaigheo ticket that you ordered? They have said that any orders before the 22nd will be dispatched in time for the start of the league, link: http://www.gaa.ie/tickets-and-merchandise/tickets/gaa-season-ticket/

If you don't get anything in the post by this Friday, I'd give Liz in Croke Park a shout. She's very helpful, though they could be busy processing all the remaining season tickets.

E-mail seasonticket@gaa.ie

Just received the following mail,
    A Chara,

The next batch of GAA Season Tickets will be despatched by post early next week. You can expect to receive your Season Ticket(s) by the middle of next week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 695 ✭✭✭zombieHanalei

Ticket arrived today.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

I see the old spelling mistakes in their email today :D tut tut

• Advertisement

yop wrote: »
    I see the old spelling mistakes in their email today :D tut tut

Haha, that seems to be happening a lot lately :)

Ticket arrived today.

Got mine as well, hotel booked, Cork here I come...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,834 ✭✭✭munchkin_utd

i see the price for league games (div 2 anyhow) is €10 in advance, and for games like Roscommon v Cavan which are played in small secondary venues (never actually heard of the place before) buying in advance is a must, meaning everyone pays a tenner.
    Essentially, admission is €10 across the board as there'll be no tickets sold on the gate.

It makes a bit of a cod of the idea of buying a season ticket to be honest, at least for 90% of counties that havent a realistic hope of being in the running come the final(s) in September.

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭eamonpk

I was going to buy a season ticket for Fermanagh but it just doesn’t make sense financially when I found out the price of the season ticket was €95 and Division 3 entrance fee for all matches is £9/€10 (whereas Division 1 and 2 is €15 I think)
    Fermanagh have 3 games at home and if I went to them all it would cost me €30. Even if I was to go to all away games also it would still cost me only €70 and the first Championship match will cost €25(based on last year’s price) – this come to a total of €95 meaning I would breaking even if I went to all games home and away – ignoring petrol costs of driving to places like Clare and Wexford

Division 3 Season Ticket are the same price as Division 1 and 2 despite it is cheaper to turn up and pay at the gate for a Division 3 game – this just doesn’t make sense unless I am missing something
    Yes I would get the chance of getting an All Ireland ticket if Fermanagh got to the final but this isn’t going to happen so I just don’t see any advantage of getting the season ticket
    Can anyone tell me have I missed something that makes it advantageous to buy the season ticket?
    One last question – if I was to buy one today will I get an email straight away that at least I can print it to prove I am a season ticket holder. I am presuming the card won’t be sent out immediately
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭whatnext

Had season tickets from year 1 but didn't renew this year. My father that I go to the games with gets a reduced rate by paying cash and with the cheaper tickets available from super valu the economic merit of the ticket is gone.

Couple that with, not being allowed in the covered stand in Brefni and one other stadium with season tickets and getting row A tickets for the leinster final I said sod them.

Also getting stung for double headers in the leinster championship every year is a complete pain in the wallet.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,248 ✭✭✭Redsoxfan

Any Dublin or Donegal ST holders been allocated their tickets for Saturday yet?

Redsoxfan wrote: »

We were mailed on Monday if we wanted free tickets for Saturday evening. Will be allocated tomorrow I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,248 ✭✭✭Redsoxfan

Yeah, I know that other counties have received tickets, not the participating counties.

Yeah, I know that other counties have received tickets, not the participating counties.

310 we got, most likely ye'll get 304/05/06.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭VONSHIRACH

YES 306 CC

Advertisement