Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

National Hunt 14/15 thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭Gregk961

I cant understand how people seem to view simonsig as some sort of superhorse that can win in any conditions over any distance. If he runs at all this year id be applauding him scraping home in any race never mind the king george and Champion chase

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

Gregk961 wrote: »
    I cant understand how people seem to view simonsig as some sort of superhorse that can win in any conditions over any distance. If he runs at all this year id be applauding him scraping home in any race never mind the king george and Champion chase

He's as big as 12/1 now for the King George. That tells its own story, considering he was a 4/1 shot a few weeks ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭Mountainlad

This season's QM Champion Chase will be one of the most open in recent times. There'll be no Sprinter Sacre and no Sire De Grugy. Don't believe anything that comes from the mouths of Henderson and Moore in the meantime.

With the volume of chasers Mullins has this year, would he not consider one of the more prominent ones to run in this given the openness and prize money involved?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭madmoose

Anybody know how rathvinden is getting on?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

madmoose wrote: »
    Anybody know how rathvinden is getting on?

I think he is injured not certain though

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 349 ✭✭shy-tall-knight

With the volume of chasers Mullins has this year, would he not consider one of the more prominent ones to run in this given the openness and prize money involved?

Ballycasey entered in the Dial-A-Bet at Christmas. Looked a non-stayer last year so will be interesting to see if he has the gears for 2miles.
    He's only 7/1 with Paddy Power for the QM which is probably the worst ante-post price I've ever seen.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Shemale

You should watch his races and then you will understand.:cool:

He is a complete tool, had him backed to beat Sprinter before both were sidelined

More blah blah blah from David Pipe:

http://www.attheraces.com/article.aspx?hlid=550153&lid=&raceid=&title=Pipe+bowled+over+by+Palace&ref=PA+Racing+Feed&nav=&sub=&day=Tue

Listen up David everyone knows you and Tom will have him ****ed for life starting with an epic fail at Chelentham

• Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭jimjamcos

Flemenstar back cantering and may make the track by February. Also, anyone else notice how tight Paddy Power are on almost every single Mullins horse antepost? I know it's always been bad but some of the prices at the moment are a joke!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭Arctic89

jimjamcos wrote: »
    Flemenstar back cantering and may make the track by February. Also, anyone else notice how tight Paddy Power are on almost every single Mullins horse antepost? I know it's always been bad but some of the prices at the moment are a joke!

Is Curran training him himself now? Can't see that ending well.

Arctic89 wrote: »
    Is Curran training him himself now? Can't see that ending well.

That's what I was wondering too. Way the article is worded would kind of suggest so. No mention of Martin at all. If it's the case, I'd agree, will be a disaster.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭ste2010

Shemale wrote: »

He is a complete tool, had him backed to beat Sprinter before both were sidelined

1st race in 2 seasons running close to 170 to win..can't see it happening. In fact I would say if he does run "Barry" will be told if he's there abouts at the end don't go too hard on him if there's a battle with the risk of sending him back to square one. Exact same thing happened with burton port 2 seasons ago in a different race

What value have people snapped up ante post for chelt then?

Tell us more 20/1
    No more heroes 16/1
    Briar hill 12/1

Theyre my best 3 so far for value don cossack 14/1 ryanair too

A few poor ones so far include allez colom and oscar whiskey RIP both.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭skippymac6

Tell us more 20/1
    No more heroes 16/1
    Briar hill 12/1

What races have you pegged for those three? In order I'd say Neptune, Albertt Bartlett and World Hurdle?

Have the above trio for those three races myself and I quite like Shanahans Turn for the RSA at 25/1 at the minute. Read a piece with De Bromhead the other day and he was raving about him.

Tell us more 20/1
    No more heroes 16/1
    Briar hill 12/1

Just Tell Us More at 20's myself but keen on Boston Bob for GC. Very hard to find value, a horse just needs to get round it seems to be cut for the festival.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭Mountainlad

Ballycasey entered in the Dial-A-Bet at Christmas. Looked a non-stayer last year so will be interesting to see if he has the gears for 2miles.
    He's only 7/1 with Paddy Power for the QM which is probably the worst ante-post price I've ever seen.

Any chance he'd run Vautour or would they be completely against sending a novice there.

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭nobody told me

Any chance he'd run Vautour or would they be completely against sending a novice there.

Vautour has as much chance of running in the dial a bet as he does the queen mother. Absolutely none

skippymac6 wrote: »
    What races have you pegged for those three? In order I'd say Neptune, Albertt Bartlett and World Hurdle?

Have the above trio for those three races myself and I quite like Shanahans Turn for the RSA at 25/1 at the minute. Read a piece with De Bromhead the other day and he was raving about him.

Yep those 3 races

• Registered Users Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭Gregk961

What exactly does watching his races (I've seen most of them several times) have to do with my point? He did nothing in his victorious that would even remotely suggest he has the ability to win both a King George and a QM in the same season, after 18+ months off the track.

Simonsig was/is a fantastic horse and its a pity that we have missed out on what could have been a fantastic 2 years, but anybody who thinks he is going come back better than ever *this year* and win every race going is deluded.

• Advertisement

ste2010 wrote: »
    1st race in 2 seasons running close to 170 to win..can't see it happening. In fact I would say if he does run "Barry" will be told if he's there abouts at the end don't go too hard on him if there's a battle with the risk of sending him back to square one. Exact same thing happened with burton port 2 seasons ago in a different race

If Sprinter doesn't line up he could win that on the steel, he got a rating of 162 for his last win when Hendersons were all out of sorts and was injured after that run.

Hopefully he comes back sound and as good as he was and makes for the 190 mark.

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭ComplyOrDie

If Sprinter doesn't line up he could win that on the steel, he got a rating of 162 for his last win when Hendersons were all out of sorts and was injured after that run.

Hopefully he comes back sound and as good as he was and makes for the 190 mark.

190. Ahhhhh here, are you plucking figures, how are you coming up with that?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

He did nothing in his victorious that would even remotely suggest he has the ability to win both a King George and a QM in the same season, after 18+ months off the track.

You serious? He absolutely murdered Hinterland, cantered home beating him by a distance and giving him 10lbs. Hinterland is no mug and isnt far off the best 2 mile chasers at the minute. This horse is a freak.

190. Ahhhhh here, are you plucking figures, how are you coming up with that?

His run against Hinterland, my view that I thought he would beat Sprinter last year, he schools with Sprinter and I believe if he comes back as good as ever that he will prove to be a better horse than Master Minded in his pomp.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,014 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

What exactly does watching his races (I've seen most of them several times) have to do with my point? He did nothing in his victorious that would even remotely suggest he has the ability to win both a King George and a QM in the same season, after 18+ months off the track.

Simonsig was/is a fantastic horse and its a pity that we have missed out on what could have been a fantastic 2 years, but anybody who thinks he is going come back better than ever *this year* and win every race going is deluded.

He hasnt had 18 months in his box or anything. He's been working away as normal and a mixture of having a very tender joint which they didnt want to risk by racing, and sickness at the wrong times has kept him off the track. But it's not as though he's lost out on much time, hes basically been doing the same work at home as others. It's not a normal injury absence. Whether i'll back him at any stage is another thing, but I'll be respecting him anyway throughout the year

• Registered Users Posts: 6,014 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

Lads any information on the well-being of Annie Power? I fully expect her to be fit and well for Cheltenham and to win the Mares Hurdle but would like to know what condition she is in at the moment. Hopefully I'll have a decent ante post bet around EVENS, if she wins her next race over the Christmas period, she could well go off at 1/3 at Cheltenham.

Price up what she is to return from injury and get to the festival. Then price how likely that it'll be the Mares she runs in. Then multiply those and multiply the answer by the 1/3 on the day (It's Cheltenham, you'll likely get bigger), and see does the answer come to less than Evens. Comes way bigger for me so a terrible Antepost bet. She wont be out at Xmas

• Registered Users Posts: 2,722 ✭✭✭posturingpat

Simonsig going to miss King George i hear.

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭Arctic89

Simonsig going to miss King George i hear.

Confirmed by racing post. I never bought the whole thing about this not being a serious injury, anything that keeps them out for a year is serious. Sadly I think we've seen the last of him on a track.

Hope josses hill goes well tomorrow in the novice chase.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭ste2010

Anyone going to leopardstown on Stephens day?

I have 2 winter warmer package tickets which includes a 3course meal, wine, rce programme, pavilion view, mc etc..heavily discounted. PM me if interested

Advertisement