Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

National Hunt 14/15 thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,963 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Read in the Post today that Trifolium has been put down, been a rough couple months for Charles Byrnes yard.

One of my favourite horse over the past couple of years, sad news.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭Gregk961

1 day ban really? Unbelievably soft, and nothing for the trainer or horse? The handicapper should be given more power in such instaces for mandatory weight increases

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Shemale

Trainers and jockeys who use the "clipping heels" and "not moving well" excuse should take a look at this, and then keep their mouths shut.....

Hardly comparable, this horse didnt lose two shoes!!

Sure didnt Teds own son clip heels on Quevega and she stormed up the hill.

• Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭supremenovice

Im sure he will want to seperate Faugheen and Hurricane Fly as much as possible this year.
    Does anyone think he will send Faugheen to Kemptons Christmas hurdle along with Champagne Fever in the King george?

Looks like it..
    http://www.independent.ie/sport/horse-racing/mullins-eyes-kempton-mission-for-favourite-faugheen-30811735.html

• Registered Users Posts: 8,652 ✭✭✭shmeee

Faugheen already 4/6 into 4/9 for Christmas Hurdle. Will the NTO duck out I wonder?

Know more after Saturday when TNO goes in the International hurdle @ 4/7.

• Advertisement

shmeee wrote: »
    Faugheen already 4/6 into 4/9 for Christmas Hurdle. Will the NTO duck out I wonder?

Know more after Saturday when TNO goes in the International hurdle @ 4/7.

The Christmas might come too soon for TNO, they might want want to keep him for Cheltenham in January and put him away after it.

I hope Simonsig makes the King George

• Registered Users Posts: 8,652 ✭✭✭shmeee

Shemale wrote: »
    The Christmas might come too soon for TNO, they might want want to keep him for Cheltenham in January and put him away after it.

I hope Simonsig makes the King George

Last year didn't he go onto Kempton then straight to Cheltenham in March. So same route this year maybe. Hard to know, only went down 1/2L to MTOY last year in the Christmas after a run 2 weeks earlier.

shmeee wrote: »
    Last year didn't he go onto Kempton then straight to Cheltenham in March. So same route this year maybe. Hard to know, only went down 1/2L to MTOY last year in the Christmas after a run 2 weeks earlier.

Think you could be right, MTOY in winter is probably a much easier assignment than Faugheen though, an easier race in January would be a better option for both horses but would live to see them have a match twice.

Though NTD is more than bullish when he has a good one so he could aim straight for Faugheen.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭skippymac6

Great round of jumping there from Kings Palace. If you take that terrible run away from last year's Albert Bartlett then he must have a great chance in the RSA. He hurdled well last year and he seems to jump a fence even better, he acts around Cheltenham and you'd have to imagine that whatever went wrong last year, that Pipe will have him in tip top shape for this year's festival.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭ste2010

skippymac6 wrote: »
    Great round of jumping there from Kings Palace. If you take that terrible run away from last year's Albert Bartlett then he must have a great chance in the RSA. He hurdled well last year and he seems to jump a fence even better, he acts around Cheltenham and you'd have to imagine that whatever went wrong last year, that Pipe will have him in tip top shape for this year's festival.

He beat a horse who finished 46L 6th in a weak albert Bartlett by 7L. All be it easily I wouldn't get carried away with it. When push comes to shove kings palace downs tools.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,246 ✭✭✭Mgoraf

He is a relentless galloper and I think Kings Palace will dominate small fields with his running style but in a big field like the Albert Bartlett last year I think he'll be beaten.

History repeating itself favourite for the RSA everbody lump on so the prices on others drift out about :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭bellybuster12

RIP Big shu, suspected heart attack.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭krustydoyle

RIP Big shu, suspected heart attack.

One of the best winners I've ever had when he won the cross country few seasons ago. Friends of mine were over for the festival and we're drinking with his owners the night before..

We all lumped on at 16/1 and barry cash gave him a peach of a ride and won doing handstands

RIP Big Shu

Madness backing anything of Pipes for March unless you are certain he has been laying one out.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Theres your Triumph winner lads. Peace and Co. Pulled the arms out of Jacob all the way around and absolutely cantered home to win by a distance. Impressive jumper looks an absolute monster.

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭liamoreilly

...Nicky Henderson saying Sprinter Sacre jumped 10 fences and no issues, and schooled well again...I'm guessing if he is back to his best them he'd be a penalty kick for the queen Mother...I'd be extremely tempted to go huge into him ante post... Would anyone have any faith in what Henderson said?...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭jimjamcos

...Nicky Henderson saying Sprinter Sacre jumped 10 fences and no issues, and schooled well again...I'm guessing if he is back to his best them he'd be a penalty kick for the queen Mother...I'd be extremely tempted to go huge into him ante post... Would anyone have any faith in what Henderson said?...

He's been saying that for weeks with no appearance. The market price is usually a better gauge than Hendersons word. If he was back to his best the yard would have him shorter than 4/1. That's my view on it anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭Oscars Well.

Mad Moose. **** sake :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭liamoreilly

jimjamcos wrote: »
    He's been saying that for weeks with no appearance. The market price is usually a better gauge than Hendersons word. If he was back to his best the yard would have him shorter than 4/1. That's my view on it anyway
    ...yeah that's my own issue, the price is too big and too generous..if it dropped to 11/4 in a day then I'd be happier...
    ...The new one looked good there, still can't see much value in the champion hurdle, they all seem short at this stage...

• Advertisement

Wouldn't be backing Simonsig or Sprinter Sacre ante post, every day there is a different story

Gringo180 wrote: »
    Theres your Triumph winner lads. Peace and Co. Pulled the arms out of Jacob all the way around and absolutely cantered home to win by a distance. Impressive jumper looks an absolute monster.

A quick look at Bet365 has him installed as 5-1 fav.
    looked very impressive alright

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,338 Mod ✭✭✭✭convert

Was so shocked and upset to hear about Big Shu. I was out yesterdY afternoon and only heard about it this morning. For everyone's sake I'm glad it was a suspected heart attack rather than a broken limb. Like you, Krusty, I had him backed in Cheltenham at relatively long odds. I think there were only 3 of us watching in the shop who had him backed. It was a mighty good feeling collecting and walking out with that wad of cash for such a small bet. He also added to my coffers in Punchestown a few weeks later.

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭seoirsem

McCann has the Shabra horses running out of their skins at the moment. Would love to see them pick up a big pot over Christmas or dare I say in March??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭mr.jingle

Can't help but be impressed with Bordini, a lovely performance today and battled on nicely when Attribution came upsides. Looks the best bumper horse I've seen this season and looks like the better the ground the better he'll be

mr.jingle wrote: »
    Can't help but be impressed with Bordini, a lovely performance today and battled on nicely when Attribution came upsides. Looks the best bumper horse I've seen this season and looks like the better the ground the better he'll be

Couldn't agree more. Haven't really followed much bumper action this season but it was clear as day bordini wasn't enjoying it as much as ravished. He's definitely a nice horses.
    Shaneshill beaten over hurdles, definitely red beaten over hurdles you wonder was the bumper 2014 not as strong as initially expected

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

...yeah that's my own issue, the price is too big and too generous..if it dropped to 11/4 in a day then I'd be happier...

This season's QM Champion Chase will be one of the most open in recent times. There'll be no Sprinter Sacre and no Sire De Grugy. Don't believe anything that comes from the mouths of Henderson and Moore in the meantime.

This season's QM Champion Chase will be one of the most open in recent times. There'll be no Sprinter Sacre and no Sire De Grugy. Don't believe anything that comes from the mouths of Henderson and Moore in the meantime.

Simonsig could be the play at 14s, if Sprinter is out and Simonsig has had a run I would be surprised if he isnt in the Champion Chase

• Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭skippymac6

ste2010 wrote: »
    Couldn't agree more. Haven't really followed much bumper action this season but it was clear as day bordini wasn't enjoying it as much as ravished. He's definitely a nice horses.
    Shaneshill beaten over hurdles, definitely red beaten over hurdles you wonder was the bumper 2014 not as strong as initially expected

Maybe but I think that No More Heros could be a decent animal. Be interesting to see if Mullins campaigns Shaneshill over 2m now instead of 2m4f. I think he wanted him to be his Neptune horse but that could end up being Tell Us More.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Trouble in P

Lads any information on the well-being of Annie Power? I fully expect her to be fit and well for Cheltenham and to win the Mares Hurdle but would like to know what condition she is in at the moment. Hopefully I'll have a decent ante post bet around EVENS, if she wins her next race over the Christmas period, she could well go off at 1/3 at Cheltenham.

Advertisement