Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Milkrounds 2014/2015

Options
12345679»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Emp.Bubbles

Hey Guys,

I've got two offers for tax positions in EY and in PwC. I want to do both qualifications AITI and ACA and I'll have CAP1 exemptions which also gives me Part 1 exemptions. I know in PwC I'll have a four year contract in which I'll do a set of exams every year
    EG.
    Year 1 - Cap2,
    Year 2 - FAE,
    Year 3 - Part2
    Year 4 - Part3

Does anybody know how the 3 and a half year contract in EY or other firms is structured? I don't want to have to do 2 sets of exams in one year. I rang up EY recruitment and they told me by getting FAE I am exempt from Part 2 so I'd only have to do 3 sets of exams which I think is incorrect. Could anybody help me with this issue please?

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭AtticusFinch86

I have an interview with CroweHorwath next week. I was wondering if anyone has any idea what type of interview to expect? Competency based? General chat? etc.?

• Registered Users Posts: 9 cebili5

Has anybody had experience with RBK? or whats likely for commercial awareness questions

• Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭bulmersgal

I had interview for small audit firm, I'm hopeful that I've got the job. Just wondering about the wages. I no the average is around 21k but do you get any allowances or expenses for lunch or travel etc

• Registered Users Posts: 4 bcs123

Has anyone got any offers for Consulting yet? In particular S+O?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17 GusFring

Ya that is incorrect you still have to do your part 2 exams. I am with one of the companies you mentioned and in their tax department and I would highly recommend it! I would advise going the masters route especially if you can get the firms sponsorship. It would wrap both AITI and ACA exams into a neat 3 year bundle if you pass everything first time. You would be out of your contract 6 months earlier that the 3.5 year colleagues which is of great benefit when looking for a new job (so I am told).

Need any more questions answered, PM me!

Hey Guys,

I've got two offers for tax positions in EY and in PwC. I want to do both qualifications AITI and ACA and I'll have CAP1 exemptions which also gives me Part 1 exemptions. I know in PwC I'll have a four year contract in which I'll do a set of exams every year
    EG.
    Year 1 - Cap2,
    Year 2 - FAE,
    Year 3 - Part2
    Year 4 - Part3

Does anybody know how the 3 and a half year contract in EY or other firms is structured? I don't want to have to do 2 sets of exams in one year. I rang up EY recruitment and they told me by getting FAE I am exempt from Part 2 so I'd only have to do 3 sets of exams which I think is incorrect. Could anybody help me with this issue please?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,604 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

I know this sounds pretty stupid, but how binding is the graduate contract. Accepted my offer for one big 4 job, but got an interview for a job in industry I didn't really expect.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 gladiator111

errlloyd wrote: »
    I know this sounds pretty stupid, but how binding is the graduate contract. Accepted my offer for one big 4 job, but got an interview for a job in industry I didn't really expect.

Hey man, it's all up to what you wana do and where you wana take your career! I mean big 4 aint for everyone!

Whats the job in industry you got? Pay will be better in industry and you can still crack on with your exams!

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭cat_xx

You would be better off training in a big four and then making the move into industry. If you train in industry you'll only have experience in what ever sector you are working in however, if you train with a big 4 you will be exposed to a lot more areas!

Hope that helps!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

If you find another position, then be straight with the Big 4 company. Ring up ASAP to let them know that you won't be taking the position. This way they can offer it to another graduate quickly. Remember that they're in recruitment mode right now, and it's easier for them to offer it now than start cold in a few months. They see a fair amount of this right now, so it won't be unexpected.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,094 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

Do small firms request official degree transcripts usually?

Advertisement