Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Milkrounds 2014/2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Jdking

Thats class, two offers! Well done man, tough gettin even the one!

What firm/ service line?

Got an offer from Deloitte audit but been put on a shortlist for EY advisory... Anyone know the craic with these shortlists? Are they just a back up for the firm or should I should accept Deloitte?

When did you interview with Deloitte? Dublin office?

• Registered Users Posts: 30 jango_fett

Thought only Deloitte regional offices have had interviews

• Registered Users Posts: 9 galwaygalway

Thats class, two offers! Well done man, tough gettin even the one!

What firm/ service line?

Got an offer from Deloitte audit but been put on a shortlist for EY advisory... Anyone know the craic with these shortlists? Are they just a back up for the firm or should I should accept Deloitte?

Any tips for me? Have my interview on Thursday. Would really appreciate it! :)

Anyone having PwC interview this week?

• Registered Users Posts: 13 gladiator111

Jdking wrote: »
    When did you interview with Deloitte? Dublin office?

Interviewed this morning and got a call after 5, was for a regional office which is why they got back so soon i guess coz of the smaller intake. Thats why im hesitant to take it coz would prefer to be based in dublin and not move back home!

Tips would be just be yourself relax, take it easy but obv do research and know the firm but just try make it about ur personality coz clearly u got the academics.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 galwaygalway

Interviewed this morning and got a call after 5, was for a regional office which is why they got back so soon i guess coz of the smaller intake. Thats why im hesitant to take it coz would prefer to be based in dublin and not move back home!

Tips would be just be yourself relax, take it easy but obv do research and know the firm but just try make it about ur personality coz clearly u got the academics.

Thanks! Congrats on the offer :) Any questions that you weren't expecting?

• Registered Users Posts: 25 milkrounds1516

jango_fett wrote: »
    Anyone having PwC interview this week?

Yeah tomorrow. People I know that interviewed today have gotten offers already.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 khan1

Hi man, congratulations on getting the job. Just wondering, did they ask any commercial awareness questions or any technical audit/accounting questions? I have my interview next week at Deloitte.

Yeah tomorrow. People I know that interviewed today have gotten offers already.

I see..Assurance Dublin or what service line? Anyone for RAS gone for interview?

I see..Assurance Dublin or what service line? Anyone for RAS gone for interview?

Yeah both Assurance Dublin. Haven't heard anything about RAS

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 sin.arjun0705

Interviewing with BDO on Thursday, didn't applying to the other two.

Ah right! Thanks for that. What did you apply for at BDO?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭s15r330

khan1 wrote: »
    Hi man, congratulations on getting the job. Just wondering, did they ask any commercial awareness questions or any technical audit/accounting questions? I have my interview next week at Deloitte.

+1 for this Gladiator, any hard or unexpected questions? Any information would be brilliant!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,568 ✭✭✭blackwhite

mdarbs88 wrote: »
    Not necessarily. Its only fair that a company would want a prompt reply to allow for a fair treatment to the next in line to the position.

It's a different case when that company has entered into an agreement with the Institute that it would allow the same period as the other Big 4, and then reneged on it's agreement.

For those who have had PwC interview, what was the case study like and has anyone done RAS interview?

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭The___________

bscm wrote: »
    If you accept an offer, is it possible to pull out of the contract later on? Obviously I wouldn't consider going back to the same firm (at least, not for several years).

Most of the other jobs I have applied for start interviewing candidates at a much later date. I equally value all of the positions I've applied for but if I were to have another offer in January, I want to seriously consider that offer before choosing to accept/reject.

While the firm may not be pleased with you if you bail on a contract there is nothing they can do to stop you;

In the last few weeks I had to tell Deloitte that I wouldn't be starting with them next September and they were generally very accepting.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Pcmcccbc

For those who have had PwC interview, what was the case study like and has anyone done RAS interview?

I had PwC interview today for audit in Dublin. I haven't got great leaving cert results and I found they focused on that alot..why the results? Why did I choose certain subjects? Why did I do honours/ordinary. I have really good results from my undergrad but they didn't really focus on this at all.
    I didn't get the tell me about yourself q which I thought would have lead me nicely into the interview. I felt alot of the qs were in a negative light and I was supposed to spin it and bring the answers into a positive light.
    Case study wasn't hard, I think it was to really suss out did u know about pwc and what they offer.
    As it was my first interview, I felt I wasn't as well prepared as I thought I was so overall I wouldn't be expecting an offer.

Pcmcccbc wrote: »
    I had PwC interview today for audit in Dublin. I haven't got great leaving cert results and I found they focused on that alot..why the results? Why did I choose certain subjects? Why did I do honours/ordinary. I have really good results from my undergrad but they didn't really focus on this at all.
    I didn't get the tell me about yourself q which I thought would have lead me nicely into the interview. I felt alot of the qs were in a negative light and I was supposed to spin it and bring the answers into a positive light.
    Case study wasn't hard, I think it was to really suss out did u know about pwc and what they offer.
    As it was my first interview, I felt I wasn't as well prepared as I thought I was so overall I wouldn't be expecting an offer.

I see..How about the competency questions & commercial awareness?

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Pcmcccbc

Again not as much as I had been expecting. Asked about the team i worked in as part of my role in industry before i completed my undergrad, what role I took as part of group work in college, when I showed initiative.
    Didn't get any commercial awareness qs as such, only what prompted my ideal client answer in my application and what challenges did I think that client would face in the future.
    Didn't have problem solving or decision making.

Pcmcccbc wrote: »
    Again not as much as I had been expecting. Asked about the team i worked in as part of my role in industry before i completed my undergrad, what role I took as part of group work in college, when I showed initiative.
    Didn't get any commercial awareness qs as such, only what prompted my ideal client answer in my application and what challenges did I think that client would face in the future.
    Didn't have problem solving or decision making.

Would be good to know if anyone had this experience. I'm for RAS.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Amac93

I got told I was successful at the KPMG interview for audit, and got a call to confirm the contract was on its way. I'm considering not going to any other of my interviews as I had my heart set on KPMG from the start.

Only concern is that the contracts may differ significantly? Does this happen, or do they all tend to be roughly the same and equally as competitive?

• Advertisement

Amac93 wrote: »
    I got told I was successful at the KPMG interview for audit, and got a call to confirm the contract was on its way. I'm considering not going to any other of my interviews as I had my heart set on KPMG from the start.

Only concern is that the contracts may differ significantly? Does this happen, or do they all tend to be roughly the same and equally as competitive?

When did you interview out of interest? Had mine this morning and no joy yet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Amac93

Jdking wrote: »
    When did you interview out of interest? Had mine this morning and no joy yet

This morning too! Wouldn't be too worried at all,didn't even think mine went particularly well!!

Amac93 wrote: »
    This morning too! Wouldn't be too worried at all,didn't even think mine went particularly well!!
    you were told at the interview did you say?

They usually are very quick with good news :/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,264 ✭✭✭lightspeed

Anyone hear back from PWC yet? I did an interview with them today in the afternoon. Is it a bad sign that i have not heard anything back yet? They said at the lunch/presentation yesterday that they would let people know by email if they got an offer.

lightspeed wrote: »
    Anyone hear back from PWC yet? I did an interview with them today in the afternoon. Is it a bad sign that i have not heard anything back yet? They said at the lunch/presentation yesterday that they would let people know by email if they got an offer.

Are you for tax?

Are you for tax?

no assurance but i was at the lunch & presentation for assurance yesterday and did my interview today.

Yeah I had PWC today too. No competency based questions really. Just one about teamwork. Really relaxed, very easy going. Really focus on the application. Case study is easy wouldn't worry about it.

lightspeed wrote: »

Don't stress my friend interviewed there yesterday and didn't get the call till late last night. They do send them by email but they ring too apparently. Look until you've been rejected don't worry. I haven't heard back either and I think my interview went well, and they gave positive feedback to me.

I felt it went well but there some parts i regret where i could have talked more about my potential and why PWC in particular.

Thought of more I should have said after the interview. I also spoke a lot about about banking and insurance and asked question regarding both banking, and asset management. 2 people interviewing me were from asset management and International & Domestic Business. Im a bit worried that I focused too much on banking and insurance though.

They seem quite impressed with me though but i feel i could have demonstrated the reasons why Id like to work in PWC better than I did.

• Advertisement

Look it's like an exam don't do a post mortum on it. There's nothing more you can do now. But honestly don't stress you'll be fine, and I really wouldn't worry about talking about the wrong sector. I interviewed with 2 INDB people but they seemed to suggest I was interviewing for all audit positions.

Advertisement