Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Milkrounds 2014/2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Superdude1234

Yeah true its still early days, I got 440. I applied for Tax in both of those. I got an interview for Tax with PwC and Audit with KPMG though. Not much work experience, but I spent 3 months in Summer working for the Revenue Commissioners which might have helped with the Tax application.

Hi, Just wondering how did you get the work experience in Revenue? Was it a summer internship?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,091 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

Does anyone know how many places Pwc have?
    I was unsuccessful last year so trying again this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Emp.Bubbles

Hi, Just wondering how did you get the work experience in Revenue? Was it a summer internship?

Yeah lots of public departments take on temporary clerical officers during the summer as most employees take holidays then. I applied on publicjobs.ie last feb/mar/apr for the temporay role.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 392 ✭✭j80ezgvc3p92xu

Hey
    I only applied for tax at one of the big 4, got a call today inviting me to an interview. Unfortunately I will be abroad for that week and I asked about the possibility of an interview on a different week. They wouldn't do that but instead I was offered a phone interview. Was that a bad mistake on my part?

• Registered Users Posts: 43 khan1

Hey
    I only applied for tax at one of the big 4, got a call today inviting me to an interview. Unfortunately I will be abroad for that week and I asked about the possibility of an interview on a different week. They wouldn't do that but instead I was offered a phone interview. Was that a bad mistake on my part?

Man, to be honest I would never ever do that. If I were you, I would cancel the trip right away, call them again and arrange an interview in person. They will get to know your personality better that way. They also want to see you before making their final decision. They want to know whether you carry yourself professionally, i.e, dress well, sit confidently, how you communicate in person, whether you are the type of person they can send to their clients, etc. They cannot do that over the phone. The company also wants to know how motivated you are. They will figure out right away that you are more interested in trips abroad. Unless its a really important trip, cancel it man and go for a face-to-face interview. In my opinion, you have made a bad mistake but you can put things right.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,603 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

A few friends got rejected from ey consulting, but I haven't heard of anyone getting it

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Bernanke KOs Trichet

Has anybody heard from consulting or has anyone had an interview scheduled for EY?

I have an interview scheduled for next Saturday with EY (not consulting hth) ,received the call Friday evening.

Best of luck to all.

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭Humour Me

Contacted by Mazars this morning for an audit interview on Thursday, applications only closed on Wednesday so they are going through the applications pretty fast

• Registered Users Posts: 13 gladiator111

ryanf1 wrote: »
    Does anyone know how many places Pwc have?
    I was unsuccessful last year so trying again this year.

I'm not 100% sure but I would say its around the 170 for dublin office anyways for all the service lines, for regional offices maybe 3 per office?

Thats just a guess, but I have heard PwC dont take as many as KPMG do.

What service line did you apply for?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,091 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

I'm not 100% sure but I would say its around the 170 for dublin office anyways for all the service lines, for regional offices maybe 3 per office?

Thats just a guess, but I have heard PwC dont take as many as KPMG do.

What service line did you apply for?

Tax as my 1st preference and Audit/Assurance as 2nd. I would love tax but I was given advice that there aren't many places and competition will be strong

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 Peaceplease

Hey! Just wondering does anybody know if Deloitte still do an e tray test as part of the interview process? And also what kpmg's business exercise is like?

No word from 3 applications, getting pretty worried now. Are rejection emails common or is it just a case of waiting a few days and if you hear nothing you missed out?

errlloyd wrote: »
    No word from 3 applications, getting pretty worried now. Are rejection emails common or is it just a case of waiting a few days and if you hear nothing you missed out?

Haven't heard back from EY but I've heard from people last year that firms can take a while to process applications! Look at it this way no news yet might still be good news :)

• Registered Users Posts: 25 milkrounds1516

Hey yeah they will let you know that you haven't gotten through. If I remember correctly from the internships though you'll know long before they contact you.

Who are you waiting to hear from? I've heard of very few being contacted by EY if that helps, even the really top notch candidates.

Haven't heard back from EY but I've heard from people last year that firms can take a while to process applications! Look at it this way no news yet might still be good news :)
    Hey yeah they will let you know that you haven't gotten through. If I remember correctly from the internships though you'll know long before they contact you.

Who are you waiting to hear from? I've heard of very few being contacted by EY if that helps, even the really top notch candidates.

EY is the one I am particularly looking for, but their interviews are this weekend, so I guess no news won't be good news for that long !

EY is the one I am particularly looking for, but their interviews are this weekend, so I guess no news won't be good news for that long !

Has anyone heard from EY? For audit? I know consultancy have heard?

Consultancy have heard, I haven't heard of anyone getting an interview for consultancy yet, but that is my first choice. I have heard of Audit getting calls. One mate who was switched from Audit to Assurance as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭AtticusFinch86

Bit early yet to worry about not getting called back, application date not even closed a week. They've hundreds and thousands of applications to get through. I'd say if you haven't heard by friday of next week then you might want to accept defeat. Before that though there's still hope.

Got a call earlier today about an interview for deloitte next week. I told the guy on the phone that I'd go to the information event the tuesday before but it's a huge hassle for me to get the day off work and get there, head back home that night and get another day off for the interview two days later. Would it be frowned upon if I didn't go? Should I get in touch with them and explain.

Yeah I've heard of one person getting an audit interview, this Saturday. But no one else

Bit early yet to worry about not getting called back, application date not even closed a week. They've hundreds and thousands of applications to get through. I'd say if you haven't heard by friday of next week then you might want to accept defeat. Before that though there's still hope.

Got a call earlier today about an interview for deloitte next week. I told the guy on the phone that I'd go to the information event the tuesday before but it's a huge hassle for me to get the day off work and get there, head back home that night and get another day off for the interview two days later. Would it be frowned upon if I didn't go? Should I get in touch with them and explain.

Apparently it's not a big deal. They make allowances for the fact that many people have like a million interviews all in the one week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭AtticusFinch86

I'll give them a ring anyway and explain. I'd love to go just to get a feel for the place, the staff, the work and the culture but I can't be taking days off work willy nilly. I don't want to give a poor impression here, I might be looking for them to hire me long term.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 gladiator111

Anybody received any rejections? Couple mates have got them from EY and PwC for audit.

Haven't heard many been called for interview yet.

I'll give them a ring anyway and explain. I'd love to go just to get a feel for the place, the staff, the work and the culture but I can't be taking days off work willy nilly. I don't want to give a poor impression here, I might be looking for them to hire me long term.

Yeah do give them a ring. Once you're apologetic they shouldn't mind. Just say your boss is relying on you and you can't let him/her down, that should reflect well shows you are responsible.

Anybody received any rejections? Couple mates have got them from EY and PwC for audit.

Haven't heard many been called for interview yet.

PwC sent out emails for interviews on Wednesday night.

KPMG were sending emails all last week and could still be sending them for all I know.

Have only heard of a few getting EY.

Deloitte, Mazars and Grant Thornton have started making phone calls. Got calls from those 3 on friday, but one of my friends only got called by them today so I'd say they're not finished yet.

Until you've received a rejection don't give up hope.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 jango_fett

Got EY audit saturday, nothing yet from others, no rejection, just radio silence. I suppose it all depends on the quality of interviews, probably on the waiting list. EY not my 1st choice, but will do my best.. I picked consulting for others, just hedged my bet with EY audit..fewer places for consulting apparently.

Got EY audit saturday, nothing yet from others, no rejection, just radio silence. I suppose it all depends on the quality of interviews, probably on the waiting list. EY not my 1st choice. I picked consulting for others, just hedged my bet with EY audit..fewer places for consulting apparently.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭donnamc5

Hi
    Does anyone know of anyone that has actually got an interview for Consulting in any of the big 4 or just rejections? Clinging to hope still.

donnamc5 wrote: »
    Hi
    Does anyone know of anyone that has actually got an interview for Consulting in any of the big 4 or just rejections? Clinging to hope still.

Nothing, applied to EY, KPMG and Deloitte

donnamc5 wrote: »
    Hi

Consulting PwC, KPMG & Deloitte, nothing yet.. would be good to know if someone already got consulting.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 392 ✭✭j80ezgvc3p92xu

Hey

So decided to just do the phone interview, the trip abroad cannot wait as I have something important to do. I know this question is probably overdone on some other thread, but can anyone tell me what to expect from a big 4 interview? If anyone else did a phone interview, I'd particularly love to hear your experiences.

Advertisement