Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Milkrounds 2014/2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25 milkrounds1516

Pcmcccbc wrote: »
    I interviewed with Deloitte this afternoon for audit in Dublin, got a call to make me an offer after 7! To say I'm delighted is an understatement, my interview for PwC did not go well at all and it made me really think about what I was letting myself in for.
    Best of Luck to everyone else :-)

Aw that's great news congrats.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Roce10

MrXY wrote: »
    Had an interview with PwC on Thursday and haven't heard back. I feel like it went well bit I'm starting to worry at this stage as they are usually quick to make an offer aren't they? Literally praying that my phone will ring soon.

Did u hear back from pwc yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 30 jango_fett

Roce10 wrote: »

May I ask which pwc service line you interviewed for and have you heard back?

jango_fett wrote: »
    May I ask which pwc service line you interviewed for and have you heard back?

Assurance last Wednesday and have heard nothing back yet.

Assurance last Wednesday and have heard nothing back yet.

Hope for good news for you soon. I have their RAS interview on Monday

• Advertisement

Does anyone know how many places are available for pwc this year? I know assurance & tax have the most. And kpmg have the most places for milkrounds?

• Registered Users Posts: 43 khan1

Pcmcccbc wrote: »
    I interviewed with Deloitte this afternoon for audit in Dublin, got a call to make me an offer after 7! To say I'm delighted is an understatement, my interview for PwC did not go well at all and it made me really think about what I was letting myself in for.
    Best of Luck to everyone else :-)

Congratulations :) I have my audit interview on Tuesday at Deloitte. Could you kindly tell me what type of questions were asked in the first and second interview? Were there any commercial awareness or technical auditing/accounting questions? Any tip would be greatly appreciated. Thanks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Bernanke KOs Trichet

Would it be reasonable to say that at least 85/90% of offers are made within 30 hours of an interview for all the big 4 grad programs? I know one should remain optimistic and there will be exceptions but there has to be some realism too.

I know there is always a possibility of people refusing offers but the firms seem to have contingency practices for these or recruit again later for these positions.

Still waiting on a couple of replies myself btw

jango_fett wrote: »
    Does anyone know how many places are available for pwc this year? I know assurance & tax have the most. And kpmg have the most places for milkrounds?

I think it was in and around 200. KPMG was 280 I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Pcmcccbc

khan1 wrote: »
    Congratulations :) I have my audit interview on Tuesday at Deloitte. Could you kindly tell me what type of questions were asked in the first and second interview? Were there any commercial awareness or technical auditing/accounting questions? Any tip would be greatly appreciated. Thanks :)
    Thanks...in the first interview with two managers, I felt they wanted me to do the talking. They introduced themselves and then it was up to me after that. They said they would have certain competency based qs to ask if I didn't cover them myself. I suppose just use examples from ur education/work exp for leadership, motivation, communication. They did ask me why audit and why deloitte and I had a few qs for them which they were happy I asked.
    Partner interview was even better...really felt like he was actually trying to sell Deloitte to me and it was really just a chat...asked me again why did I want a job with deloitte.
    Really relaxed atmosphere so don't be nervous, just be confident.
    Best of luck :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭Username2011

Are people hoping for offers from certain Big 4 companies over others? I suppose I"m asking, how would you rank them?

Are people hoping for offers from certain Big 4 companies over others? I suppose I"m asking, how would you rank them?

For me personally it's currently 1. PwC 2. KPMG 3. Deloitte. But I'll read my offers and think about it before I make any decisions.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 MrXY

No mate, haven't heard back. It's game over in my eyes, so disappointed, I'm trying to move on now at this stage.

Has anyone had an interview with RSM Farrell Grant sparks by any chance?

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Jdking

Have many of you done follow ups after interview?

I've been given business cards in a few places but haven't followed them up.
    I presumed the amount of people they interview they would get annoyed with
    tonnes of emails.

I had interviews start of last week without any offers to date. Judging by
    other posts that could mean no offer at all, would emailing them directly
    help in anyway?

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Velcropants

Hey All,

Just thought I'd chime in here. Finished interviews there last Friday for IT consulting, and have received offers from both PwC and Deloitte. Its a tricky decision as both the interviews went quite well and everyone seemed fantastic to deal with. I do know people working in the same area in Deloitte though who enjoy it, so its a known quantity in a way.

Anyone have any recommendations between the two companies? They seem quite similar, and while I've only received details from the PwC offer, I feel the Deloitte one will be very similar in terms of benefits etc.

For anyone still to do interviews or planning on it next year, its well worth it. I know the applications are a bit of a slog, but a lot of the info you have to input carries over to other applications so they kind of balance out if you apply for a few. Met a lot of cool people along the way as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭bobmalooka

Does anyone know the salary for direct entry (no masters) into assurance with PwC?

bobmalooka wrote: »
    Does anyone know the salary for direct entry (no masters) into assurance with PwC?

Well for the others it's 21500. There doesn't tend to be much variation between the big 4, but it's safe to say it's not going to be lower for competitive reasons. The reason they don't specify is they may have revised their starting salary by the time you enter. Especially now with the economy picking up and things like inflation.

Hey All,

Just thought I'd chime in here. Finished interviews there last Friday for IT consulting, and have received offers from both PwC and Deloitte. Its a tricky decision as both the interviews went quite well and everyone seemed fantastic to deal with. I do know people working in the same area in Deloitte though who enjoy it, so its a known quantity in a way.

Anyone have any recommendations between the two companies? They seem quite similar, and while I've only received details from the PwC offer, I feel the Deloitte one will be very similar in terms of benefits etc.

For anyone still to do interviews or planning on it next year, its well worth it. I know the applications are a bit of a slog, but a lot of the info you have to input carries over to other applications so they kind of balance out if you apply for a few. Met a lot of cool people along the way as well.

Fairplay man. Just out of curiosity, how long were you waiting to hear back from PwC since the interview?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 andrew098

Hi everyone

Unfortunately just discovered this thread now. I was wondering if anyone has any experience here on doing CAP1s while working for the Big Four? I'm delighted to have been offered a position , but it's for Direct Entry 2015... In the interview I discussed doing a PDA as I haven't done accounting since JC , but they want me to start straight away. Any feedback would be great.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14 Velcropants

MrXY wrote: »
    Fairplay man. Just out of curiosity, how long were you waiting to hear back from PwC since the interview?

Hey thanks, its not accountancy so I think it works slightly different, but I heard the next evening by phone call from PwC. My interview luckily went quite well. You never can tell with these things. I just am a little unsure which one to go for at the moment as they both seem good. (I know , I shouldn't be complaining) Anyone have any insights or recommendations?

• Registered Users Posts: 13 gladiator111

Hey Guys,

Anyone know about rejection e-mails from Deloitte? Friend hasn't heard a peep from them and well I got a regional office spot so can't tell him what the deal is.

So if anyone could let us know that'd be great!

Welp! Had pwc interview this afternoon, I wasn't asked competency questions, we didn't discuss case study or commercial awareness..There wasn;t "why pwc" question?.The partner said at the beginning it would be an informal chat about my background, only discussed my CV right from LC to present and professional qualification I would be doing...Left me wondering how they assess...anybody know?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭s15r330

Did anyone get any calls today after interviewing with Deloitte? Sitting here staring at the phone :D

s15r330 wrote: »
    Did anyone get any calls today after interviewing with Deloitte? Sitting here staring at the phone :D

I wish you the best of luck.
    I have my interview tomorrow for audit. How did your interview go? Any unexpected question regarding commercial awareness, business story or any technical accounting/auditing questions?

I wish you the best of luck.
    I have my interview tomorrow for audit. How did your interview go? Any unexpected question regarding commercial awareness, business story or any technical accounting/auditing questions?

Thank you, and you!
    I'd go as far as to say it was an enjoyable experience. Everyone there is really nice, the interview was more a chat with a few questions thrown in. Mine lasted 1 hour and it felt like 20mins.
    Usual questions like why accounting, challenges facing Deloitte, examples of leadership, time management, problem solving and teamwork. No business story.
    The challenges facing Deloitte covered commercial awareness.
    You have no need to worry :)

Ps I brought up a project I did on the differences between IFRS and US GAAP and they asked me for examples, that was the only technical part as well as what does an Auditor do.

s15r330 wrote: »
    Thank you, and you!
    I'd go as far as to say it was an enjoyable experience. Everyone there is really nice, the interview was more a chat with a few questions thrown in. Mine lasted 1 hour and it felt like 20mins.
    Usual questions like why accounting, challenges facing Deloitte, examples of leadership, time management, problem solving and teamwork. No business story.
    The challenges facing Deloitte covered commercial awareness.
    You have no need to worry :)

Thank you for your help :) you never know, we could soon be working together. Here is hoping :)

Thank you for your help :) you never know, we could soon be working together. Here is hoping :)

Exactly :)

• Advertisement

Anybody still waiting on PWC? Giving up hope here..

Advertisement