Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Milkrounds 2014/2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6 sin.arjun0705

Hey, I just got a last minute interview call (for Audit) from BDO scheduled for tomorrow morning. Anyone out there who has any suggestions on what to expect from the interview? Perhaps on the numerical and reasoning tests as well? Your advice would be highly appreciated!

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Pcmcccbc

Would be greatful if anyone could provide info/feedback on Deloitte interviews for audit? What was the comparison between mangers interview and partner interview?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,969 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

lightspeed wrote: »
    no assurance but i was at the lunch & presentation for assurance yesterday and did my interview today.

Did you hear back from them in the end?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭bscm

My second interviewer for Audit this morning in KPMG mentioned "HR will be contact later to dispatch the documentation". Sure enough I got a call a few hours later saying I was successful.

Good luck to everyone still waiting on interviews or decisions :)

• Registered Users Posts: 25 milkrounds1516

Not the person you asked, but I heard back around 7 or half 7 and they offered me a contract said they'd email the details tomorrow. Such a weight off.

• Advertisement

bscm wrote: »
    My second interviewer for Audit this morning in KPMG mentioned "HR will be contact later to dispatch the documentation". Sure enough I got a call a few hours later saying I was successful.

Good luck to everyone still waiting on interviews or decisions :)

Yeah my friend had the same. In the partner interview he made an offer and told her to tell him about any other offers she receives if she's tempted to take them. Have KPMG fist thing in the morning myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 khan1

For those who dont get the call the same day, is there any chance we could still get in? I had my EY interview on Saturday but I haven't heard anything from them so far. Most people I know got the call the same day. I haven't got a rejection email either. Has it ever happened to anybody? That you got a call few days after the interview?

khan1 wrote: »
    For those who dont get the call the same day, is there any chance we could still get in? I had my EY interview on Saturday but I haven't heard anything from them so far. Most people I know got the call the same day. I haven't got a rejection email either. Has it ever happened to anybody? That you got a call few days after the interview?

Oh yeah definitely. Cause people will usually reject some offers and then there's spaces again.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Richie75

khan1 wrote: »

Hi. I actually work in one of the Big 4. Getting a reply the same day is not a big issue. Each day, the HR departmets will asssess the interviews and decide who ar definte offers. They will not make all the offers that day as they need to wait to see what the caqnditates are like in subsequent days in case they fill their quota too early.

After that, they will assess on an on-going basis their offers and acceptances to see if they should make more offers in order to fill all th eroles they have. So in summary, do not worry if you do not get a call that day.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,579 ✭✭✭blackwhite

Look it's like an exam don't do a post mortum on it. There's nothing more you can do now. But honestly don't stress you'll be fine, and I really wouldn't worry about talking about the wrong sector. I interviewed with 2 INDB people but they seemed to suggest I was interviewing for all audit positions.

For PwC at the very least, what department your interviewers are from will doesn't automatically pigeon-hole you into one market sector or another.
    If you get a job offer, you'll be asked to express preferences for each of the audit industry groupings.
    Representatives from each department will then sit down together and decide who goes where. When I was there, it was normal for the people who had conducted the interviews to be asked were there any stand-outs from the interviews that effort should be made to secure.

(and btw, it's I&DB - International & Domestic Business, not INDB :P)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15 Roce10

Anybody receive any offers from PWC yet? I interviewed for Assurance yesterday afternoon

• Registered Users Posts: 30 jango_fett

pwc emailed the answers I provided in the application form. Is the pwc interview mainly application form? how many competency questions.....

jango_fett wrote: »
    pwc emailed the answers I provided in the application form. Is the pwc interview mainly application form? how many competency questions.....

When's your interview? It's a 20 min case study followed by interview with manager/partner..make sure you know the firms service lines and the only competences I was asked were teamwork and organisation skills. More of an informal chat really..

Roce10 wrote: »
    When's your interview? It's a 20 min case study followed by interview with manager/partner..make sure you know the firms service lines and the only competences I was asked were teamwork and organisation skills. More of an informal chat really..

Booked RAS interview for Monday...lunch/presentation for RAS was 12PM today..so interview is on Friday/Monday...should I be worried about the case study?

• Registered Users Posts: 11 runningwings

Booked RAS interview for Monday...lunch/presentation for RAS was 12PM today..so interview is on Friday/Monday...should I be worried about the case study?

No not at all, they spend 2 minutes on it at the end of the interview and just want to make sure you have a general understanding of different service lines. Also my interview had a lot of commercial awareness and competency based questions so it really depends on the interviewers I think.

No not at all, they spend 2 minutes on it at the end of the interview and just want to make sure you have a general understanding of different service lines. Also my interview had a lot of commercial awareness and competency based questions so it really depends on the interviewers I think.

Now i'm worried, like how many competency based questions?...I see, what service line did you interview for?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭lightspeed

Actually I did so over the moon is an understatement. Got the call from PWC this morning saying my interview went well and that they would like to give me an offer. I got the offer and then emailed it to me later in the afternoon and I accepted it instantly. It was an anxious wait for the offer to be emailed to me as I was afraid something might have gone wrong and they had made a mistake.

I knew that was unlikely but still did'nt fully relax until i actual received the email with the offer.

suppose it depends on your interviewers, but some got lots of competency questions + commercial awareness for pwc, others didn't..For those that got commercial awareness Q's, were you put on the spot or did they ask you to discuss any business story you have read recently..Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 11 runningwings

suppose it depends on your interviewers, but some got lots of competency questions + commercial awareness for pwc, others didn't..For those that got commercial awareness Q's, were you put on the spot or did they ask you to discuss any business story you have read recently..Thanks

I interviewed for tax. They asked me how I kept up with what's going on in the commercial world and the conversation naturally led on to more commercial questions. Same with the competency stuff, which was mostly about teamwork. If you have a recent business story to tell you'll be fine but just don't mention anything you don't think you'll be able to explain if they probe you further. Knowing your service line and your motivation for going into that area is the main thing in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 MrXY

Had an interview with PwC on Thursday and haven't heard back. I feel like it went well bit I'm starting to worry at this stage as they are usually quick to make an offer aren't they? Literally praying that my phone will ring soon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 galwaygalway

Anyone have an interview with Deloitte yesterday and have you heard back?

MrXY wrote: »
    Had an interview with PwC on Thursday and haven't heard back. I feel like it went well bit I'm starting to worry at this stage as they are usually quick to make an offer aren't they? Literally praying that my phone will ring soon.

Rang them today, apparently they're finalizing decisions tonight and was told people would be getting phonecalls late this evening or Monday at the latest..

• Registered Users Posts: 43 khan1

MrXY wrote: »

I can feel that pain bro. Especially when the interview goes well and you dont get a call. I had an interview with EY on Saturday in which the manager and partner both gave me positive feedback and I was super confident of getting a job. Today I got a rejection email. I am perplexed because I could not have done any better in the interview. I have asked for feedback and I am really curious to see what they will say.

Anyone have an interview with Deloitte yesterday and have you heard back?

Yeah I did. Got a call last night. Loads haven't heard yet though so don't let that worry you. I'd say by the end of next week is when people should be worried but before that you're grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 amberlil

Hi, I just interviewed on Thursday for Auditing not from an accouting background. But nothing heard yet. At the end of interview, I was told I would know the results in one week. Is that a reject? During the second interview, nothing on business excercises but same CV questions. Although I thought it went well. May be when is the last call for an offer maybe next monday ?

amberlil wrote: »
    Hi, I just interviewed on Thursday for Auditing not from an accouting background. But nothing heard yet. At the end of interview, I was told I would know the results in one week. Is that a reject? During the second interview, nothing on business excercises but same CV questions. Although I thought it went well. May be when is the last call for an offer maybe next monday ?

Where was this for?

Yeah I did. Got a call last night. Loads haven't heard yet though so don't let that worry you. I'd say by the end of next week is when people should be worried but before that you're grand.

Congrats! :) did you interview in Galway? And for what office? Sorry for all the questions :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2 amberlil

Dublin KPMG.

Congrats! :) did you interview in Galway? And for what office? Sorry for all the questions :P

Aw thank you! No worries about the questions :) No I interviewed in Dublin for Audit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 Pcmcccbc

I interviewed with Deloitte this afternoon for audit in Dublin, got a call to make me an offer after 7! To say I'm delighted is an understatement, my interview for PwC did not go well at all and it made me really think about what I was letting myself in for.
    Best of Luck to everyone else :-)

Advertisement