Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Milkrounds 2014/2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Peaceplease

So decided to just do the phone interview, the trip abroad cannot wait as I have something important to do. I know this question is probably overdone on some other thread, but can anyone tell me what to expect from a big 4 interview? If anyone else did a phone interview, I'd particularly love to hear your experiences.

Well normal process is a competency based style interview... Questions about your application, why you want to do your chosen area and company...
    Take a look on mgrad.ie for really helpful tips :)
    Best of luck!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 392 ✭✭j80ezgvc3p92xu

Cheers mate!

I really feel like an a**le for possibly discarding the opportunity of a lifetime. I suppose if its meant to be, it will happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 jango_fett

Just got email for PwC. I applied for Technology consulting, they called me for my 2nd choice (RAS).
    iF you haven't been rejected yet, there still hope on your 2nd choice

Email I got:

"Congratulations, we would like to invite you to attend a lunch presentation and interview for a Graduate position within our Risk Assurance Solutions practice.

Details of the lunch presentation is as follows:

Date – Thursday 6 November 2014
    Time – 12.00pm
    Location – PwC, One Spencer Dock, North Wall Quay, Dublin 1

Interview

To book your interview slot and confirm your availability to attend the lunch presentation please click here.

Once you have booked your interview slot you will then be prompted to confirm your attendance at the lunch presentation.

Which, brings me to this point: PwC website states: candidates for consulting should 'ideally' be studying for a post grad or already have a post grad in any subject.(priority for post grad in consulting perhaps)..missed that bit

Cheers mate!

I really feel like an a**le for possibly discarding the opportunity of a lifetime. I suppose if its meant to be, it will happen.

Exactly keep a positive mind :) best of luck and hope it goes well!

• Advertisement

Anyone going to the Deloitte presentation on Monday? Or the kpmg one on Tuesday?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭donnamc5

Do the presentations next week include all candidates for all positions or are they split up over different days does anyone know? Ie. If we have not been invited to one of these presentations is it unlikely we will be interviewed for any position?

• Registered Users Posts: 11 LFC1990

I have not heard from the big4 yet, not to worry. I have an interview with crowe howrath scheduled in the coming weeks, anyone got any information on them? Interview process?Are they decent to work for etc. Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 milkrounds1516

donnamc5 wrote: »
    Do the presentations next week include all candidates for all positions or are they split up over different days does anyone know? Ie. If we have not been invited to one of these presentations is it unlikely we will be interviewed for any position?

They are split up I'm in Deloitte Monday and KPMG Tuesday but my friend is the reverse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭donnamc5

Thanks for all the info guys. I am a mature student working full time and studying in the evenings so this forum is invaluable to me as I don't know anyone else going for one of these positions. I always knew I was an outside contender for a grad role as I haven't followed the general path but I'm hoping my grades and perseverance will be picked up one of these days. I'll go with the no news is better than bad news but tomorrow's another day mantra. Fingers crossed everyone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 Pcmcccbc

Hey so I've been lucky enough to get interviews with PWC and Deloitte, I also applied to Grant Thornton, Mazars and RSM FGS but haven't heard back from them. As u will know most applications were similar so I'm surprised I have heard nothing from the later 3 especially since I have been successful with two of the big 4. Anyone in the same position or?

Pcmcccbc wrote: »
    Hey so I've been lucky enough to get interviews with PWC and Deloitte, I also applied to Grant Thornton, Mazars and RSM FGS but haven't heard back from them. As u will know most applications were similar so I'm surprised I have heard nothing from the later 3 especially since I have been successful with two of the big 4. Anyone in the same position or?

May I ask what service line you applied for PwC & Deloitte?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Mike890

Hey I got interviews with PWC and kpmg. Anyone going to the Kpmg presentation? Dress code there is business attire right?

Yep the evening one on Tuesday? And ye business attire I think :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Mike890

Yep the evening one on Tuesday? And ye business attire I think :)

Thanks a lot. I am in Belfast, the presentation is on Monday night. Good luck to all of you!

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Pcmcccbc

jango_fett wrote: »
    May I ask what service line you applied for PwC & Deloitte?

I applied for audit in dublin for all positions. I've heard that Deloitte have had a record high of applications for consulting...don't know how true this is?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,969 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

Missed a call from BDO this evening, presumably for interview. I applied for corporate recovery.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 rabbit123

anybody heard back from Baker tilly?

Anybody for EY interview for FS Audit or is everybody UKI Assurance?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭s15r330

Applied for Big 4 and some other firms but only heard from Deloitte. 4 of us from my class were called for an interview for audit with Deloitte. Heading to the career information event on Monday. Haven't heard anything from the other applications. Should we expect a rejection at some stage or do you just not hear anything?

• Advertisement

s15r330 wrote: »
    Applied for Big 4 and some other firms but only heard from Deloitte. 4 of us from my class were called for an interview for audit with Deloitte. Heading to the career information event on Monday. Haven't heard anything from the other applications. Should we expect a rejection at some stage or do you just not hear anything?

Whatever happens, you will get an email at some point

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭AtticusFinch86

Given that it's almost a dead cert for all interviews, what areas are people looking at in terms of commercial awareness? There's so many things you could potentially get asked about. I'd imagine Budget 2015 would be a good starting point but what else? Last year I got asked why my opinion on the lower than expected iPhone 5 sales, which caught me slightly off guard.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 khan1

Given that it's almost a dead cert for all interviews, what areas are people looking at in terms of commercial awareness? There's so many things you could potentially get asked about. I'd imagine Budget 2015 would be a good starting point but what else? Last year I got asked why my opinion on the lower than expected iPhone 5 sales, which caught me slightly off guard.

Water charges and the protests going on could be another potential question.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 MinisterJD

So did many people receive offers from EY last night?

According to threads from previous years,the majority of the good news is given out on the day?

Silence here unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭lightspeed

MinisterJD wrote: »
    So did many people receive offers from EY last night?

According to threads from previous years,the majority of the good news is given out on the day?

Silence here unfortunately.

I did one last night for FS. I think it went ok but some of the partner questions were a bit rough.

I asked the girl handing me a cupcake on the way out when I can expect to get answer if I was successful or not.

She said usually within 48 hours or shortly afterwords. So I asked then if that would be roughly Monday or Tuesday and I think she said "Yeah".

So I dont know if that 48 hour window includes today given it is a Sunday. It might though as I think a lot of the big 4 firms work late and at weekends when reviewing the applications and during the interviews.

lightspeed wrote: »
    I did one last night for FS. I think it went ok but some of the partner questions were a bit rough.

I asked the girl handing me a cupcake on the way out when I can expect to get answer if I was successful or not.

She said usually within 48 hours or shortly afterwords. So I asked then if that would be roughly Monday or Tuesday and I think she said "Yeah".

So I dont know if that 48 hour window includes today given it is a Sunday. It might though as I think a lot of the big 4 firms work late and at weekends when reviewing the applications and during the interviews.

Yeah 48hrs is right.. Also, EY are the king of same day rejection email, if didn't score a cut off mark for the strengths interview..So If you haven't gotten one yet and do get the dreaded email between now & Monday, you have a decent chance.. I was furiously refreshing my email page last night. The torture.

lightspeed wrote: »

Yeah 48hrs is right.. Also, EY are the king of same day rejection email, if didn't score a cut off mark for the strengths interview..So If you haven't gotten one yet and don't get the dreaded email between now & Monday, you have a decent chance.. I was furiously refreshing my email page last night. The torture.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 MinisterJD

I had an interview for FS Assurance yesterday also and I thought it went reasonably well but if you look at the thread from last year,the majority of successful candidates received a call with the job offer on the same day that they done the interview.

Best of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 khan1

I know 3 people who did interviews yesterday at EY and got calls later between 8 - 9 pm. Unfortunately, I wasnt one of them and I am expecting a rejection email by Monday or Tuesday. I am pretty surprised that I did not get a call because I felt that the two interviews were probably the best I have ever done. I did not get stuck in any question, gave 2 examples. In my first interview with Alan (manager), he said I was the best person he has interviewed today. I didn't even ask him how well I performed. In the partner interview with Martina Keane, she said a couple of times during the interview "you are really good". When the interview finished I told her that it was a pleasure talking to her and I hope I have shown her that my personality would fit in well at EY. She responded "oh absolutely". I was very very satisfied when I left the office and thought I would get the job. So I am so surprised that I did not get the call. Funny thing is, one of the guys who got the call failed his Accounting exam in the Management course he did. And he did not seem all that interested about doing Chartered Accounting exams. I am deeply disappointed because I prepared so much for the interview and I did really well. I was so motivated and enthusiastic too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭Dellboy2007

khan1 wrote: »
    In the partner interview with Martina Keane, she said a couple of times during the interview "you are really good". When the interview finished I told her that it was a pleasure talking to her and I hope I have shown her that my personality would fit in well at EY. She responded "oh absolutely".

You didn't mention anything about Anglo to her, did you? That might still be a bit of a sore spot.

Every year these posts are the same, people disappointed because they don't hear back immediately, when others do. Chill out, do you realise how many applications they have to go through? No news is good news and remember that until the point where you receive bad news.

Advertisement