Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due May 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭spottybananas

Well, it looks like I might have a kidney infection, I might have known. It sounds like I have a stomach bug but my sample indicates it might be a kidney infection, will get the results on Friday.

I heard the heartbeat, and heard it move :eek: So weird. It definitely confirmed what I was 95% sure of, the pulling sensation (and new bubbly feeling) to the right of my bellybutton is movement, that's where the heartbeat was, slightly off centre, like myself :P

I've put on about 4 kgs so far, not too bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

I work in a pharmacy so see loads of Bugaboos in the shop, maybe the people who come in to me don't look after them! Interesting to know that the besafe seat fits it.

Spotty - lovely to hear the heartbeat! Not nice to have a kidney infection but at least you know what's going on now, or you will in a few days

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Buttercup78

I'm not a Bugaboo fan, I always think the Pram bit is unnaturally low. Plus it's crazy expensive even without the car seat and base. We had a Beep Twist+ for our first and it was fab, have a Neyo now and it's great too.

Yeah it's mad that it's nearly €1500 for everything with Bugaboo, you could buy a car for that!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Roesy

Yeah it's mad that it's nearly €1500 for everything with Bugaboo, you could buy a car for that!!

We got the lot for around €1200. Still ludicrous and probably around the price of my first car :) Resale seems good thankfully though.

• Advertisement

Apparently my sample that went to the lab came back negative for a kidney infection, despite there being blood in it. I mentioned to the nurse that called me with the results that I was surprised by that because I'd had some brown blood today and assumed it was kidney infection related. She got very concerned, asking if I was having cramps (I'm not, bar the usual ones I've become accustomed to every day), and she asked if I'm having movements as I should be counting 10+ movements a day.

I thought that was quite a scaremongery thing to say about 10+ movements. I'm not 20 weeks yet, the doctor knows I didn't feel the movements that happened during my check up the last day and wasn't remotely concerned when I said I *think* I feel movements, nothing definite really when this is all new to me. There is no way in hell I'd be able to count definite ones every day, if I feel 2-3 different flutters or tugs of an evening that's a busy day, it was surely a bit much to be expecting me to be able to count that many when I don't even have a bump yet never mind definitive movements!

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭NewYork1979

Apparently my sample that went to the lab came back negative for a kidney infection, despite there being blood in it. I mentioned to the nurse that called me with the results that I was surprised by that because I'd had some brown blood today and assumed it was kidney infection related. She got very concerned, asking if I was having cramps (I'm not, bar the usual ones I've become accustomed to every day), and she asked if I'm having movements as I should be counting 10+ movements a day.

I thought that was quite a scaremongery thing to say about 10+ movements. I'm not 20 weeks yet, the doctor knows I didn't feel the movements that happened during my check up the last day and wasn't remotely concerned when I said I *think* I feel movements, nothing definite really when this is all new to me. There is no way in hell I'd be able to count definite ones every day, if I feel 2-3 different flutters or tugs of an evening that's a busy day, it was surely a bit much to be expecting me to be able to count that many when I don't even have a bump yet never mind definitive movements!

That is a stupid thing for the nurse to say!!! I'm nearly 19 weeks and have no clue what I'm feeling given I've gas, ligament aches etc, if my nurse said that I'd literally die with fright right now. You might not feel anything until you are 25 weeks for some first timers. I wish people would think before they said this stuff. It's not that easy to decipher movement given everything that is going on inside us!

Is it your first? If so she's away with the fairies!!
    I don't think I felt proper definitive movements until I was 22 weeks on my first. Even then it was hard to know.
    Actually even now it's hard, I'm 17+2 and occasionally I think I feel something, but on the other hand my IBS feels the exact same anyways.

I hate the attitude of some nurses - every pregnancy book/app says that you might not feel anything up until 22 weeks especially on your first. And if your placenta is at the front it could take even longer!!

Yep my first, luckily I'm not a worrier and have read enough to know that she was talking nonsense :P I thought it was incredibly stupid to say, say that to the wrong person who actually believes you and they would be so worked up and panicking immediately.

I spoke to the doctor again afterwards and she just said "any cramps?", and then said yeah brown blood is grand, if it's red blood I'd be some bit concerned.

Like, it's bad when the patient has to say to the nurse "No at this stage I'm not having that many yet as it's too early". Read a book!!

• Advertisement

So far I've only felt tugs and flutters on my low right side of my stomach. Today I had my hand placed perfectly to feel a big lurch right across the middle , oh it was weird! :p

Had a reassurance scan on Sat. The sonographer was amazing, remembered us from my previous pregnancy and our early scan on this one. She printed so many pics for us, 2d and 3d, much much more than the scan was supposed to give. Everything looks great, active baby, long legs, big feet. Anterior placenta so explains why i don't and won't feel anything for a few weeks. It was such a lovely experience!

Well, sitting in the labour ward for myself :O Had a small bleed about 2 hrs ago, so waiting now to be examined. Internal exam, the joys. I was literally just out of the shower so at least Im clean for it :)

Heard a baby being born and the parents calling family to tell them, was lovely!

Hoping to get seen soon and get outta here with everything ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭autumnbelle

Did you get seen spottybananas? Hope everything is ok

Hope everything is ok

I must be the only person to get out of hospital and continue on with a busy evening! Just home now, was in the hospital two hours, not too bad. No internal, baby's heartbeat was fine, no more blood, so they let me go and said I'm grand unless I get heavier bleeding, clots, etc.

Phew!

Glad there's nothing wrong - must be scary though!

It wasn't too scary, the worst bit was waiting so long for the doctor. I'm always expecting something to go wrong, in situations like that it's a good thing, keeps you calm :o

I THINK I'm starting to feel movement today! 20 weeks and half way tomorrow so it's about time. At my scan last time she said my placenta is at the front so that's cushioning things :(

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭NewYork1979

I'm 20 weeks tomorrow and I really don't know what I've felt, I've felt different sensations but it's my first so I really don't know what they are. I have a scan next week and I can't wait to know all is ok.

• Advertisement

I've been feeling movement since about week 17/18, but in the last week (20 weeks) it's unreal, it's constant, and really low in my pelvis, it makes my stomach lurch every time because it's such an unusual feeling. Baby is head down with feet up under my ribs on the left, so it's head and arms that are moving the whole time. It's doing it now while I'm writing this, feels like it's having a party in my ass :confused::o

At 19 weeks it was right at the front and we could feel it with our hands, but now it's like it's right inside, it totally changed position a few days ago.

I THINK I'm starting to feel movement today! 20 weeks and half way tomorrow so it's about time. At my scan last time she said my placenta is at the front so that's cushioning things :(

Barely anything since :mad:

For anyone considering a Bugaboo Cameleon I see Tony Kealy's have a special offer on the package including car seat - am almost tempted now

Feeling like a freak for not enjoying all the movement, had someone basically say I'm not happy about being pregnant because I don't think movement is "the most amazing thing ever". And I keep reading about people saying how great it feels.

It's a really odd feeling, that obviously I've never felt before so surely I'm allowed time to adjust to it? For me it's usually accompanied by moderate to intense period like pain and pressure, which builds until I feel one or a few big movements while it adjusts itself. It makes my stomach lurch and wakes me at night with my stomach rock hard while he/she moves around, ugh.

I wish people could just accept that not everything feels enjoyable to everyone, and just because I look fine doesnt mean I am, I'm tired, in pain, uncomfortable, bloated, sick of heartburn and terrified!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭autumnbelle

I love the kicks, I find them reassuring as I dont get another scan now and havent got an appointment until 24 weeks with doctor or hospital... feels like forever ago since 14 weeks. But maybe Im lucky in that I have no pain at all before the kicks or when the baby is moving (maybe your a little ahead of me)
    Terrified too so I have just bought Tracey Donegans Gentle Birth Cds. Have any of you tried them? Are any of you girls extremely hormonal?! My poor bf has been getting the brunt of it over the weekend and I have been feeling as though anything could set tears off :) Making a consious effort to snap out of it!! Hope you all are keeping ok

I agree people just assume everything is amazing. Im tired of people looking at me and going "how are you" as if I could keep over at any stage. I'm grand!! Or at least any minor complaint I have I'm not going to share with you. I just want
    movement for reassurance but only 10 days to my next scan so not too bad

As for the hormones my husband is being very supportive, I do try and keep a hold of my emotions but I have a melt down now and again haha

A lot of the time during the day the movements are fine, they don't hurt and are reassuring (I've had a scan per month though so they help, another in 5 weeks), but I still wouldn't say they're my favourite thing, it's weird to get used to. Up until now weird movement in your body would be a bad sign in life so my brain is slow to accept it! It's just at night when I'm lying down (which eases my indigestion but makes movements worse) and sometimes during the day when big movements hurt, the pressure and cramps are horrible, they make me nauseous, and I'm only 21 weeks so I'm dreading it getting sorer :(

I'm not terrified about the birth do don't have any hypno birthing things, just terrified in general :o Minding and raising a person, getting back to "myself" again, money, all that "fun" stuff that whizzes through your mind at 5am when you're in pain from the wiggling.

I had a good chat with my friend who said she felt the exact same way, she didn't enjoy the movement themselves, reassuring yes, comfortable and enjoyable, no. Glad to know I'm not the only one.

I'm not remotely more hormonal, which is handy. I wouldn't know what to do with myself if I cried or got very upset easily, the physical things are enough, I couldn't handle emotional weirdness too!

Just had the most amazing nap, thoughts of getting up to cook dinner!

Someone sent me the gentle birth CDs I must have a listen - am generally skeptical about things like that but it can't hurt!

I've just put dinner on angeldelight and while I was starving a while ago the thoughts of it now are rotten :(

Booked my antenatal classes today, was afraid I'd left it late but nope it was all fine, first one is in January :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 886 ✭✭✭Emmadilema123

A lot of the time during the day the movements are fine, they don't hurt and are reassuring (I've had a scan per month though so they help, another in 5 weeks), but I still wouldn't say they're my favourite thing, it's weird to get used to. Up until now weird movement in your body would be a bad sign in life so my brain is slow to accept it! It's just at night when I'm lying down (which eases my indigestion but makes movements worse) and sometimes during the day when big movements hurt, the pressure and cramps are horrible, they make me nauseous, and I'm only 21 weeks so I'm dreading it getting sorer :(

I'm not terrified about the birth do don't have any hypno birthing things, just terrified in general :o Minding and raising a person, getting back to "myself" again, money, all that "fun" stuff that whizzes through your mind at 5am when you're in pain from the wiggling.

I had a good chat with my friend who said she felt the exact same way, she didn't enjoy the movement themselves, reassuring yes, comfortable and enjoyable, no. Glad to know I'm not the only one.

I'm not remotely more hormonal, which is handy. I wouldn't know what to do with myself if I cried or got very upset easily, the physical things are enough, I couldn't handle emotional weirdness too!

Late in my pregnancy my little one felt like she was using my ribs on my right side with her feet as leverage to push herself down. I could feel her driving her head downwards and it was agony. She was very low from 30 weeks on so it made it very hard to stay seated when she did it. I feel your pain and wish you luck with it all :-)

• Advertisement

Thanks :) It'd be great if this baby stays in the position it's in the whole time, right now I have feet below my ribs and head down, getting a head start, literally :P It hasn't hurt as much in the last day or two, I'm hoping that when I eventually get some sort of bump it might not hurt as much, if it has more space in there! For now it's just battling for pre-existing space with my organs.

I'm SO hungry. Every 2 hours. Finding things to eat is getting boring, I never thought that could happen! :pac:

Advertisement