Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due May 2015

Options
1141516171820»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

It's funny how it can affect people differently!

To be honest I'm happy enough to have had the section in the end... The whole thing was a very long drawn out affair. Admitted to hospital on Monday night to start induction. Took until Wednesday morning before they could break waters. Then took until 5pm to get to 10cm, until 7.30pm she was still too high, just wouldn't drop so they went for section and she was born less than half an hour later. It sounds a bit horrific but I got an early epidural so napped for a good bit of the afternoon and was in very little pain until the end, after the first hour or two of terrible back pain.

If I could be sure my recovery would be the same I'd totally choose elective section next time

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭spottybananas

Yep based on section experience and recovery from that alone I would do it again tomorrow, the pain has been totally bearable and breastfeeding is going perfectly. Unfortunately due to my blood pressure and the pre eclampsia I don't think a "next time" is going to be likely or possible. I've developed an absolutely shocking level of jealousy for anyone who can have straightforward pregnancies and recovery now.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

Yep based on section experience and recovery from that alone I would do it again tomorrow, the pain has been totally bearable and breastfeeding is going perfectly. Unfortunately due to my blood pressure and the pre eclampsia I don't think a "next time" is going to be likely or possible. I've developed an absolutely shocking level of jealousy for anyone who can have straightforward pregnancies and recovery now.

That's understandable. Given that you were having symptoms for a good while with the swelling, fluid on your lungs etc that weren't recognised as PE this time, if they were keeping a closer eye this time and getting things under control much earlier is there a chance you could safely have a next time? If you decided you wanted to of course. Just I know on a FB group I'm on there are a few mammies who had PE on a previous pregnancy but had strict monitoring and early delivery on subsequent pregnancies.

How old is your little boy now?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭spottybananas

Well my symptoms were actually noticed asap and I was admitted, at my 35 week appt I had just my "usual" swelling in my fingers which appears to have been unrelated to the PE swelling which affected my legs incredibly quickly, and I had slightly high bp, no protein in urine. It was 2-3 days before my 36 week appt that I blew up with swelling, bp shot up and I had protein in my sample so they caught it very quickly really, it just escalated quite quickly then over the course of a week. It could be watched closely next time, my problem currently though is that delivery didn't bring my bp down, in most cases it's normal within a day or two along with the swelling and protein, but mine isn't yet. So it's the long term effects of being left with "essential hypertension" that are the problem, problems in a further pregnancy are a worry but to a lesser extent.

He's a month old now, so a week corrected age, he's the best :)

How's everything going for you now? Do you know when you'll get home?

Advertisement