Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due May 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

I'm just starting to get a bit of a bump now - when I hold my tummy in its not flat any more, exciting :) I had first proper definite kicks on Tues & Weds then nothing all day Thurs and Fri so was panicking but last night baba decided to dance a jig! It was so nice to feel. Less than a week to my anomaly scan can't wait to see him/her again how's everyone else doing?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭spottybananas

I just look fat at the mo! If people know me they'd see a little bump, but to others I would say it would look like I just started the Christmas eating a bit early, with just a bit of roundness in my lower abdomen. Luckily in lovely winter clothes nobody would notice at all, it's a bit upsetting just looking fat, after getting to my ideal weight last year it just looks for now like I've undone it.

It's funny how people differ, I've been getting movement for weeks and it's really ramping up now, easily feeling the required 10 movements a day, and my husband can feel it every night, the baby likes to do a bit of interpretive dance just before it settles down for the night, delightful having my stomach lurch and heartburn start before sleep :p I thought the timeline would be more like what you've had, starting to get movements now, not 3-4 weeks ago!

You'll have great pics for showing off at Christmas so after your anomaly scan :)

I'd say one day your bump will just pop - that's what happened to me, nothing one day and the next there it was!

I can't wait for my husband to be able to feel too - I have too much padding for that!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭autumnbelle

how is everyone keeping :) first alcohol free christmas in a long long time and work have so far gave me a bottle of brandy and whiskey that customers have dropped in :) but don't mind not drinking one bit... It's finding clothes to wear is the problem :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭Blingy

Must say I'm finding the not drinking kinda difficult. I would usually enjoy a few drinks in a nice establishment around this time of year and drinking a mocktail or sparkling water doesn't really cut it!!! Ah well only another 5 mths to go.

• Advertisement

I think my baby's gonna turn into a chocolate I've eaten little else all week! Finished up in work on Sat for Christmas so enjoying doing nothing. Have to say I'm not a big drinker but will miss the bottle of champagne I normally share with my mum on Christmas morning!

Christmas is all about all my mum's homemade food so I'm not missing alcohol as I don't drink over Christmas at all and as all the food is homemade I dont feel remotely bad stuffing my face :)

Counted about 30 movements between 5 and 6am, good God. Great when you've to be up at 8am for work!

Spotty - not sure if it was you who said you were going to get the Baby Elegance Beep Twist? Smyths have it reduced to €325 http://www.smythstoys.com/ie/en-ie/c-582/baby/?page=1&pagesize=180&viewall=False&sort=price%20desc&fz=False

• Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭autumnbelle

Counted about 30 movements between 5 and 6am, good God. Great when you've to be up at 8am for work!

God I'm not getting near this many 😳

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭OkeyDoke12

My partner is due on the 20th May and we are looking to get a 3d scan done in February sometime. Can someone reccomend the best place to get a 3d pregnancy scan?

God I'm not getting near this many 😳

I have almost no bump, just incredibly tight straining muscles, so I think it's all more pronounced and easy to feel.

Thanks for that angeldelight, I'm doubting that again after reading reviews but for that price might be tempted! Just saw its the black grey one, boo.

Coming up to when people can find out about boy/girl - who's going to find out?? I change my mind every 5 minutes!

Must try and go to a few shops this week and look at buggies, am tired of looking at them online

Thinking of things I need, first baby and first grandchild on both sides so everything has to be got. My list so far has

Moses basket
    Cot
    Changing table
    Car seat
    Buggy
    Bottles
    Babygros & vests
    Monitor
    Muslin cloths
    Cellular blankets (got some swaddled cloths just cause they're on sale and got a 0-6 month grobag for same reason)

Am I missing anything obvious?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Coming up to when people can find out about boy/girl - who's going to find out?? I change my mind every 5 minutes!

We have the 20 week scan due soon, but are not planning on finding out. Will leave a little mystery over proceedings.

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭YumDeiseMum

Must try and go to a few shops this week and look at buggies, am tired of looking at them online

Thinking of things I need, first baby and first grandchild on both sides so everything has to be got. My list so far has

Moses basket
    Cot
    Changing table
    Car seat
    Buggy
    Bottles
    Babygros & vests
    Monitor
    Muslin cloths
    Cellular blankets (got some swaddled cloths just cause they're on sale and got a 0-6 month grobag for same reason)

Am I missing anything obvious?

Steriliser 😊

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭Ginny

I found these vests good for the first few days
    http://www.mothercare.com/Mothercare-My-First-Short-Sleeve-Wrap-Vests-–-2-Pack/LU1116,default,pd.html

They usually ask you to bring a little hat and cardigan to hosp. For first outfit too.

Ginny wrote: »
    I found these vests good for the first few days
    http://www.mothercare.com/Mothercare-My-First-Short-Sleeve-Wrap-Vests-–-2-Pack/LU1116,default,pd.html

They usually ask you to bring a little hat and cardigan to hosp. For first outfit too.

Loving the wrap vests - the less things to wrestle over tiny heads the better! Mother in law has knit some amazing cardigans already, must get a hat or two and some scratch mittens

OkeyDoke12 wrote: »
    My partner is due on the 20th May and we are looking to get a 3d scan done in February sometime. Can someone reccomend the best place to get a 3d pregnancy scan?

Where are you based OkeyDoke? Easier for people to advise if we know where you are.
    Coming up to when people can find out about boy/girl - who's going to find out?? I change my mind every 5 minutes

We found out at our anamoly scan, I'm not one for surprises :p

Suppose we'll have to start buying stuff soon. Dunno where to keep stuff though, we only have one spare room and the thoughts of jamming it full of crap before it's completely necessary and inevitable don't fill me with glee, I hate mess. We're not getting a moses basket, need to sort out this buggy stuff soon though really, the rest can wait until I have got my head around this some bit! (Not that I have any idea when that's going to happen)

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭tink2

I love the kicks, I find them reassuring as I dont get another scan now and havent got an appointment until 24 weeks with doctor or hospital... feels like forever ago since 14 weeks. But maybe Im lucky in that I have no pain at all before the kicks or when the baby is moving (maybe your a little ahead of me)
    Terrified too so I have just bought Tracey Donegans Gentle Birth Cds. Have any of you tried them? Are any of you girls extremely hormonal?! My poor bf has been getting the brunt of it over the weekend and I have been feeling as though anything could set tears off :) Making a consious effort to snap out of it!! Hope you all are keeping ok

Hi autumn belle I'm going to get the gentle birth CDs too have you tried them yet? Have joined the Facebook group too!

In relation to space our little boys room was a storage room full of his stuff till he was nearly 1. He was in besiðe us in a crib then a small ikea cot for a long time. Sooooooo much easier for the feeds!

• Advertisement

Ginny wrote: »
    In relation to space our little boys room was a storage room full of his stuff till he was nearly 1. He was in besiðe us in a crib then a small ikea cot for a long time. Sooooooo much easier for the feeds!

Yeah barring any necessary sleeping arrangements (baby that sleeps better away from our noise etc) it'll be in with us for at least 6 months, but the thoughts of making our lovely spare room into a stuffed messy storage room hurts me!

Where are you based OkeyDoke? Easier for people to advise if we know where you are.

We found out at our anamoly scan, I'm not one for surprises :p

Suppose we'll have to start buying stuff soon. Dunno where to keep stuff though, we only have one spare room and the thoughts of jamming it full of crap before it's completely necessary and inevitable don't fill me with glee, I hate mess. We're not getting a moses basket, need to sort out this buggy stuff soon though really, the rest can wait until I have got my head around this some bit! (Not that I have any idea when that's going to happen)

We are in Dundalk so could either travel to Dublin or somewhere up north.

Also my partner is worried that she is not getting a 20 week scan. According to Lourdes hospital in Drogheda it is not standard practise. She only got a 12 week scan done and is 20 weeks this Friday. Shoukd the hospital give her a 20 week scan?

Different hospitals do different scans. Tbh they should all do a 20 week scan it's the most important scan. Afaik all the dublin hospitals do a 20 week scan, but I know others don't which is disgraceful, maternity care is supposed to be standard across the board.
    I've used babyscan.ie before and they're great.

Okeydoke have a read of this thread about anomaly scans http://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057204475/1

In my opinion it's very important, I would pay for a private anomaly scan ahead of a 3D scan if my hospital didn't provide it as standard

Yeah we had ours done privately aa our hospital doesnt offer it, well worth the money.

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭Marz66

Loving the wrap vests - the less things to wrestle over tiny heads the better! Mother in law has knit some amazing cardigans already, must get a hat or two and some scratch mittens

Mothercare babygros have mittens built into the sleeves :)

Also - most vests / bodysuits have an envelope style top (not as wide as those wrap vests) but they can go on via the legs and not over the head.

Okeydoke have a read of this thread about anomaly scans http://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057204475/1

In my opinion it's very important, I would pay for a private anomaly scan ahead of a 3D scan if my hospital didn't provide it as standard

Would a 3d scan not show up any problems anyway?

OkeyDoke12 wrote: »
    Would a 3d scan not show up any problems anyway?

A 3D scan is different, anomaly scan goes head to toe of baby checking brain, bones,, heart, stomach, face, anything they can see and measure. The 3D one is more...superficial, just shows outside their skin.

Had our anomaly scan today, it really was very detailed - it took the doctor a long time to get a measurement of the lips because the baby was playing peek a boo, kept putting their hands up in front of their face. All looks good though, got some cute pics of the feet and face and all healthy

• Advertisement

I don't understand people getting offended at me not wanting/enjoying them touching my stomach, I don't even have a bump, so they just get way too far into my personal space and I don't like it. My husband doesn't even touch or rub my stomach without me first suggesting it and only if there's some movement, so why would I like other people doing it? Then I'm made to feel like the bad person for not wanting them to..?!

Advertisement