Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due May 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

tink2 wrote: »
    Just back from my first scan and am soo happy! Was amazing to see the little one ! It was jumping all over the place which was funny to see! Can't stop looking at the photograph - I'm in love! I know there's a long way to go yet but for me that was the first hurdle done with!!

Congratulations! I had another scan today, the doctor switched to 4D mode for a few minutes and omg I nearly melted when I saw the little face. Everything is measuring perfectly, so excited

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭spottybananas

Congratulations! I had another scan today, the doctor switched to 4D mode for a few minutes and omg I nearly melted when I saw the little face. Everything is measuring perfectly, so excited

Those 4d scans freak. me. out. !!

Those 4d scans freak. me. out. !!

Ha usually me too and I had said I didn't want one but Dr just did it quickly to check something with placenta and I could see baby going to suck his/her thumb - was totally in awe, definitely different when it's your own and I wasn't expecing that

• Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭autumnbelle

Is it standard for hospitals to only scan once? I have been told my scan next week at 14 weeks will be my only scan. So I will only have one hospital scan and none at 20 weeks as I thought there would be. Seems so long 14 weeks to 40 with no scan. Or can they pick up all they need to in this scan

Unfortunately some hospitals don't offer a 20 week anomaly scan. It's the 20 week scan where they can check that everything is healthy and where it should be, chambers of the heart etc. It's very important, and disgraceful that it's not offered in all hospitals as standard. I think it's recommended you get a private one done. There's a sticky at the top of the pregnancy forum 'anomaly scan campaign' were you can read more about it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Buttercup78

Yeah it's disgracful that some hospitals don't do a 20 week scan, it's the most important one!
    Had our first appointment today, only took 4.5 hours! We're actually 13.5 weeks, was strange the difference between this and my last 12 week scan. On my son he was still a bit of a blobby baby shape, today even the Dr. Commented on how active the baby was, we could see loads of features and it even turned its back on the scanner!

Buttercup you beat me with your appt time, ours was 3.5 hours and we were there the longest! I have another appt on Monday and I'm going to be there 1.5 hrs early because it's just a free for all. I'm blue in the face telling my husband he doesn't have to come with me and miss work (especially as they don't know why so will think he just wants a Monday off after a weekend) but he's adamant he wants to come, for the sake of a few minutes scan!

Insomnia is killing me. Awake at 1am and 6am, back to sleep at 7.30, to be up for 8 :( Head in banging, work is not my friend today.

15 weeks today though! Apparently it's the size of an avocado now, still have no external evidence that anything is in there though :p

Yeah Hubby only came yesterday and will come to the big scan and thats it. It's so boring for me never mind him :)
    Got my dates for the big scan today, had hoped we'd have it done by Christmas, but no, middle of Jan I'll be nearly 24 weeks!

I'm hoping to get mine before Christmas too, I think I'm a few weeks ahead of you am I? So hopefully that will happen, it'd be great.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,087 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Just had our first scan at what we thought was just over 12 weeks, turns out it's a few mm's too short this week for them to properly do the dating scan (which doesn't really make sense to me but hey) so we are actually more like 11 weeks they think, so we are back again in a week and a bit to do it again. I'm delighted with that as I'll get to look at it on the TV screen again. This might just bump us over the end of May and into June now though.
    Told people anyway though as couldn't keep quiet any longer. :D

• Advertisement

robinph wrote: »
    Just had our first scan at what we thought was just over 12 weeks, turns out it's a few mm's too short this week for them to properly do the dating scan (which doesn't really make sense to me but hey) so we are actually more like 11 weeks they think, so we are back again in a week and a bit to do it again. I'm delighted with that as I'll get to look at it on the TV screen again. This might just bump us over the end of May and into June now though.
    Told people anyway though as couldn't keep quiet any longer. :D

They like it to be a minimum of 12 weeks to do the scan properly, same thing happened me, I was 11+4 and was told to come back in 4 weeks to redo it.

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭YumDeiseMum

I've been given the 23rd of December for my next scan, I'll be 21+1 then, I just hope they dont change the dates with it being so close to xmas day. . .

Had a "bonus" scan this afternoon, after my poor quality 12 week one. All was fine, phew! I feel a bit better now, 16 weeks is a good safe(ish) point. Everything looked great, everything measuring correctly, wiggling away to itself...so weird! I've put on 3kg, I have no extra weight on me so it's interesting, normally an extra 3kg would be so obvious on my face and tummy.

Not back until late January, 26 weeks, for next scan, so far away. Next thing now will be feeling it move....

How's everyone else doing?

I find it so bizarre being able to see baba wriggling away when I can't feel anything. The fatigue has eased, I almost didn't notice it was gone, just realised I stayed up past 11 the last few nights and could function! Still feel sick but only if I leave it too long between eating. I'm 5lb less than when I found out but I'm very heavy to start with so doctor said that's normal. Are you all going to find out the sex? I don't think we are

Yeah we will find out, Id prefer to know to adjust to it and buy the relevant cute things :) I hate baby pink and blue so will be avoiding them but Id just like to know prepare, hubby is the same apparently. We will keep the sex to ourselves though.

Yeah I'd like to know to be more prepared but we've proven time and time again that we can't keep a secret to save our lives so if we found out everyone would know and I definitely don't want that! At the minute I'm hoping its a girl purely because I looked at 675 boys names yesterday and didn't like any of them!

Oh we will, I was sure I was having a boy last time, so we found out to be sure, I was right...:) This time with it being the 2nd we'll find out again. Just makes everything easier for us...:)

Well we definitely know we are good at this secret keeping stuff, of the few we have told all were shocked because we've hung out with them over the last 3 months and never said a word, so they were all so surprised when we told them this week, and how far along I am. It'll be Christmas before we tell many others, which is being helped a lot by the fact that I look exactly the same. We're both quite impressed that my super skinny jeans with absolutely no stretch in them still fit me perfectly, where is this thing living?? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 7 _Queenbee_

It's our first and I don't think we want to know before d day. We'll keep the surprise and hopefully that'll help come the time to push

Had first appointment last week but no scan :-(. Want to do one privately as i'm dying to see and feel what you all have been describing. Any ideas on best place to go privately? Saw babyscan.ie and Blackrock ultrasound

Otherwise same as you Buttercup - still sick if leave big gaps, still not eating healthy foods... And cannot do too much in terms of sport but managed to go to zumba class and swim for 10 minutes yesterday.

All the best to ye all

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭tink2

_Queenbee_ wrote: »
    It's our first and I don't think we want to know before d day. We'll keep the surprise and hopefully that'll help come the time to push

Had first appointment last week but no scan :-(. Want to do one privately as i'm dying to see and feel what you all have been describing. Any ideas on best place to go privately? Saw babyscan.ie and Blackrock ultrasound

Otherwise same as you Buttercup - still sick if leave big gaps, still not eating healthy foods... And cannot do too much in terms of sport but managed to go to zumba class and swim for 10 minutes yesterday.

All the best to ye all

Hi I went to ultrasound dimensions in Blackrock and was happy. Really good quality pics and no waiting around! Heard the baby's heartbeat again today at my first appointment love that sound!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 _Queenbee_

Thanks tink2 !

Can't wait to do the scan. Hearing the heartbeat is such an emotinal moment I thought... The scan must be better still.

Take care

_Queenbee_ wrote: »
    Thanks tink2 !

Can't wait to do the scan. Hearing the heartbeat is such an emotinal moment I thought... The scan must be better still.

Take care

Ha we seem to be the exception to the rule on all this baby stuff, the heartbeat scans and everything else hasn't gotten an ounce of emotion out of us, other than huh...interesting. When the sonographer showed me the face I just said "Ew it looks like an alien" lol :D

Just booked my ante natal class there - want to do a Saturday one and the next one available was 21st March, then 18th April so don't leave it too long ladies!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭Blingy

Just booked my ante natal class there - want to do a Saturday one and the next one available was 21st March, then 18th April so don't leave it too long ladies!!

Oh my god haven't even thought of that yet. Must look into it. Did they look for a prepayment for the sat class. And if you don't mind me asking is it expensive?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,087 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Just been for the 2nd attempt at the first scan and it's grown a huge amount in the last couple of weeks, they have now given us a due date though and booked us in for the next scans in the new year. Was a very wriggly little alien creature today and could clearly see arms and legs waving about the place, unlike a couple of weeks ago where the limbs were tricky to make out, although that was also down to the sonographer keeping moving the view around too quickly. The moment you have figured out which way round things are and can make out what is what, they change the view and you loose track of what you are looking at again.

Blingy wrote: »
    Oh my god haven't even thought of that yet. Must look into it. Did they look for a prepayment for the sat class. And if you don't mind me asking is it expensive?

I'm doing the one in the Coombe so no charge

Robinph we had the same thing, a redo of the 12 week scan, and it was so much clearer. I seem to be one of the few people who always finds it really easy to "see" scan pics, if anyone hands me one I can see the baby perfectly, so I got a good old look this time. Our scan photo is of the baby's back, now it's a lovely back of course ;) But I've never seen one like it, everyone else always has face shots!

I'm not back again until late January, so far away. Everyone else seems to be getting them at 20-24 weeks, mine won't be until 26.

Not sure when I'll have my anomaly scan, am back with consultant on 1st of December at 18 weeks - hoping she says she'll do it before Christmas but will prob be January as well

I'm so glad I go to an amazing masseuse who I can continue to go to now and for the duration, for the exact same massage, even if it has to be altered slightly in the last few months to lying on my side. For now it can stay the same, thank God because I cant live without my regular ridiculously forceful deep tissue massages!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭Blingy

I'm so glad I go to an amazing masseuse who I can continue to go to now and for the duration, for the exact same massage, even if it has to be altered slightly in the last few months to lying on my side. For now it can stay the same, thank God because I cant live without my regular ridiculously forceful deep tissue massages!

Was told by the place I usually go to that I have to be over 14 weeks before they can give me my usual deep tissue massage. You're v lucky!! I badly beed one.

Advertisement