Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Team Value

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

OP was using price paid, so I followed suit. Some have increased considerably such as Fab and Siggy.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

Position|Current Price|Selling Price|Price Paid|Bank|Total Value|Total Resale
    ||||||
    Goalkeepers|8.5|8.5|8.5|||
    Defenders|26.3|25.7|25.2|||
    Midfielders|37.6|36.5|30.5|||
    Forwards|31.7|31.0|30.5|||
    ||||||
    Total|104.1|101.7|99.9|0.4|104.5|102.1

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭beaver111

104.3 resale 101.3

• Registered Users Posts: 3,159 ✭✭✭Dearg81

104.5 team value with 0.2 in the bank.

102.8 resale value.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

101.9 resale value

102.5 - 103 for the Jan WC will be my aim

• Advertisement

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056760922&page=7

Looking at last years thread, it was around the end of November when we started comparing figures, but from looking at it it would seem, as expected, that we were well ahead this time last year. Mine at the end of Nov '13 was 104.5 resale, currently 2m below that with a month to go.

Most of the sites (barring TotalFPL) are getting the prices rises correct. Or they're getting close enough to be on guard.
    Jedinak was due to go up last night and he did.

Yeah I think a lot of people wrote off watching value early in the season due to the mess thre predictions sites were in and the changes in the price rise/drop patterns. But i think it's still possible to gain value effectively, it's just harder and involves more gut instinct along with the sketchy data available.

I argued with people who said the slow pace of rises meant there was no advantage to be gained in working on team value. I believed that the numbers wouldn't be as big but that you would still have a lot more come Jan than the 'normal' players. I still think this is the case as I see a lot of average active players who have no concept of price changes with total team values at only 100 to 101m compared to 105 to 106 for the price change site geeks.

FHFC wrote: »
    I argued with people who said the slow pace of rises meant there was no advantage to be gained in working on team value. I believed that the numbers wouldn't be as big but that you would still have a lot more come Jan than the 'normal' players. I still think this is the case as I see a lot of average active players who have no concept of price changes with total team values at only 100 to 101m compared to 105 to 106 for the price change site geeks.

Yes it will make a difference but no way near last year I suppose.
    At the GW10 deadline my total team value was £104.7m. Last year at the same time it was £106.4m.

I mean the "dream" set of
    Forster
    Baines
    Sánchez - ADM - Fab/Hazard - Siggy/Downing
    Agüero - Costa - Pellè
    is impossible now. For anyone I guess.

At GW20 last year I had a team value of £111.0m. I played my WC during GW21 and had a resale value of about £107.5m. I haven't checked the maths but I'd say that amount would allow you the "dream" set posted above. I doubt it'll be possible this year.

iroced wrote: »
    At the GW10 deadline my total team value was £104.7m. Last year at the same time it was £106.4m.

I mean the "dream" set of
    Forster
    Baines
    Sánchez - ADM - Fab/Hazard - Siggy/Downing
    Agüero - Costa - Pellè
    is impossible now. For anyone I guess.

At GW20 last year I had a team value of £111.0m. I played my WC during GW21 and had a resale value of about £107.5m. I haven't checked the maths but I'd say that amount would allow you the "dream" set posted above. I doubt it'll be possible this year.

I already have all of the above bar Baines. Happy enough with my cheapo defence going forward too!

Agree, but my argument was and is that while you ma only have 104.7 rather than 106.4 the average player will have 102 rather than 104 also so the relative difference will still be of similar advantage.

• Advertisement

Agree, but my argument was and is that while you ma only have 104.7 rather than 106.4 the average player will have 102 rather than 104 also so the relative difference will still be of similar advantage.
    Oh yeah I'm just keeping an eye on how the diff from last year is progressing over time ;).

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056760922&page=7

Looking at last years thread, it was around the end of November when we started comparing figures, but from looking at it it would seem, as expected, that we were well ahead this time last year. Mine at the end of Nov '13 was 104.5 resale, currently 2m below that with a month to go.

Checking back on this I'm now at resale of 103.4 compared to 104.5 this time last year. Substantially down but more than happy with it given I think the average will be much lower than last year. Overall value currently 106.2 after selling a lot of players with increases such as Fab, Siggy and Adm and will drop nearly 1m if I sell Pelle and Clyne this week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭Sooner or Later

Team value 104.3 with 0.3 in the bank

Resale value 102.2

105.0 with 0.1 in the bank. Happy with that at the moment, ahead of my rivals with that - will come in handy for the January wildcard.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

103.5 with 1.8 ITB

102.8m Resale value

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

After shifting Tadic & Pelle things are looking pretty poor!!

SV is £100.8m!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

TV 104.5m, SV 102.9m after selling some big earners recently.

TV £105.5m. Resale £102.9m.
    Last year at GW13 I had a TV of £107.6m..

We're now really starting to experience the influence of the price changes policy
    There's a good chance I would have had the £0.9m-£1.3m I'm missing to get the following:
    Baines-Clyne
    3 £10m + 1 £6-7m MF
    Costa-Aguero + £6m F
    Ah well, just one of Clyne or Baines has to go. Up to now the diff from last year is not that big. It'll be interesting to recheck during the Jan WC to see if it would have allowed 4 £10m MF in the above team for example

TV £105.5m. Resale £102.9m.
    Last year at GW13 I had a TV of £107.6m..

We're now really starting to experience the influence of the price changes policy
    There's a good chance I would have had the £0.9m-£1.3m I'm missing to get the following:
    Baines-Clyne
    3 £10m + 1 £6-7m MF
    Costa-Aguero + £6m F
    Ah well, just one of Clyne or Baines has to go. Up to now the diff from last year is not that big. It'll be interesting to recheck during the Jan WC to see if it would have allowed 4 £10m MF in the above team for example

Thing is, if there were more rises those player could well be much more expensive!

Currently total value 105.8 with resale at 103.7, and is only about 0.8m less than this time last year.

Thing is, if there were more rises those player could well be much more expensive!
    True but chances are you'd already have the main ones. The diff could e.g. be to add Walcott or Silva, whose prices are roughly steady because of their injury, as your 4th top MF ;).
    Currently total value 105.8 with resale at 103.7, and is only about 0.8m less than this time last year.
    That's huge :eek:! And you're also very highly ranked (I mean you didn't play the "team value game"). Sounds like you've been spot on for both the choice and timing of most of your transfers. Well done!

You have me jealous now since I'd only be £0.1m to afford my "ideal" team with your value figures. And this £0.1m would be easily obtained from King -> Boyd. I don't thank you, you've just ruined my day :mad: :pac:...

• Advertisement

True but chances are you'd already have the main ones. The diff could e.g. be to add Walcott or Silva, whose prices are roughly steady because of their injury, as your 4th top MF ;).

That's huge :eek:! And you're also very highly ranked (I mean you didn't play the "team value game"). Sounds like you've been spot on for both the choice and timing of most of your transfers. Well done!

You have me jealous now since I'd only be £0.1m to afford my "ideal" team with your value figures. And this £0.1m would be easily obtained from King -> Boyd. I don't thank you, you've just ruined my day :mad: :pac:...

At the start of the season I did a few hits geared towards value, but they weren't working out either value or points wise. As the price rises system became more clear I stopped that but I played my wildcard and everything went very well value wise after that. Getting an early wildcard (but not too early imo) right is key to increasing team value from my experience.

Also I kept very focused on value, especially on avoiding drops.

I'm currently at 105.1 mil but my resale value is only 102.4:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 42,079 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

TV: 104.6m, Resale: 102.3m

A bit low but I always struggle getting high team value.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

value 105.5, resale 103.1

At 104.1 resale now (106.6 in total)

If the price rises go as predicted today and tomorrow should be up to 104.4, although a drop on Duff could reduce that.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

103.4 SV and an imminent loss on Mannone :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

103.1 Resale value at the moment

105.5 Team Value and .5 in the bank

£103.3m resale. £105.9m total.

Now the gap starts to be huge from last year. Was at £109.0m for GW15.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,199 ✭✭✭qwabercd

At 104.1 resale now (106.6 in total)

If the price rises go as predicted today and tomorrow should be up to 104.4, although a drop on Duff could reduce that.

You know you're addicted to FPL when you're predicting what your resale value will be in 2 days time:)

• Advertisement

qwabercd wrote: »
    You know you're addicted to FPL when you're predicting what your resale value will be in 2 days time:)

True. I'm ashamed to admit I actually looked at the players FFFix is predicting to rise today and tomorrow and cross checked on a piece of paper which rises would gain me resale value. :eek:

Somebody organise an intervention ASAP please!!

Advertisement