Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Player Watchlist 2014-2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭racso1975

Think Ryan Taylor at Newcastle could be a good buy. Looked really fired up for it against city during the week.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

racso1975 wrote: »
    Think Ryan Taylor at Newcastle could be a good buy. Looked really fired up for it against city during the week.

Not a certain starter in PL as yet though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,368 ✭✭✭GiftofGab

Alcarez for Everton could also be a good shout.

Only £4.3m and starting.

Not a great player but at 4.3m there's a chance of a clean sheet.

Distin looks to be dropped now.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,341 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

FHFC wrote: »

Food for thought for the Sanchez/Welbeck Captainers in that piece as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,525 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

racso1975 wrote: »

Will definitely be upgrading Dummett to him when he's settled back in the side.

• Advertisement

Just watching motd. Cameron got into some great positions and delivered quite a few balls into the box for Stoke. Diouf missed a sitter which would have been a Cameron assist. Was going off this idea but maybe not just yet. Edit. He nearly scored in last minute too!!

On the other hand, Creswell was at fault for Stokes second goal.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭YeatsCounty

Newcastle Watch: Rolando Aarons came on today for Obertan after the latter was injured. He could be his full time replacement if Obertan is out for a while. Could be decent at 5.0.

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭Tony_Montana

Is Milner on anyones radar he is only 5.3 :eek:
    Would mean I could use my banked transfer and bring in Di Maria also

• Registered Users Posts: 13,329 ✭✭✭✭8-10

He was taking free kicks yesterday

• Registered Users Posts: 6,745 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

I brought in Milner last week as a means of affording Alexi Sanchez. I had high hopes for him yesterday to be honest and I felt he would certainly keep his place until Silva is back, however that's likely to be only one more game. Nasri got game time yesterday and he will be ahead of Milner in the pecking order. Navas was better than Milner also yesterday so I'm not overly confident he will even start next week,
    Long story short, I probably wouldn't do it this week, it's a big risk. However I feel that Milner will play a part in most games his year and he is likely to be on the field when City are putting teams to the sword late in games as they often do and will probably begin doing again soon.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 202 ✭✭Arnold Tanzarian

Harry Kane anyone?? SO cheap (4.8) and looks like he will get game time now ahead of adebayor and soldado who have been pathetic for spurs the last few weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭scouttio

Harry Kane anyone?? SO cheap (4.8) and looks like he will get game time now ahead of adebayor and soldado who have been pathetic for spurs the last few weeks.

Mentioned him in the Europe and domestic cup thread after he scored saying if he was a starter he would be a definite for me. Might wait until after europa league. If he doesn't start that game he could well be in line to start at the weekend

scouttio wrote: »
    Mentioned him in the Europe and domestic cup thread after he scored saying if he was a starter he would be a definite for me. Might wait until after europa league. If he doesn't start that game he could well be in line to start at the weekend

In fairness to him he more than deserves a run in the spurs PL side. Was excellent for the 30mins he came on for yesterday, offers so much to a team compared to the other lazy gits soldado and ade

• Registered Users Posts: 9,368 ✭✭✭Shedite27

In fairness to him he more than deserves a run in the spurs PL side. Was excellent for the 30mins he came on for yesterday, offers so much to a team compared to the other lazy gits soldado and ade
    He came on against a tired defense that was down to 10 men. If ya go for him I'd expect quite a few 1pt cameos.

Jedinak, crystal palace. Scored a few goals so far this year, is on penos and direct free kicks according to FFS, and wiki says the following:
    On 28 October 2014, Jedinak was named the 5th best player in Europe, the best midfielder in Europe and the best player in the Premier League after the first three months of the 14/15 season based on Opta performance stats.

His stats are suggesting he is in the form of his life. At 5.0 he is worth considering.

• Registered Users Posts: 962 ✭✭✭amber69

Dónal wrote: »
    Jedinak, crystal palace. Scored a few goals so far this year, is on penos and direct free kicks according to FFS, and wiki says the following:

His stats are suggesting he is in the form of his life. At 5.0 he is worth considering.

He's 5.1 I got him in at 4.9

amber69 wrote: »
    He's 5.1 I got him in at 4.9

Oh right, did he go up last night? Was pretty sure he was 5.0 yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

He'll only be around until Christmas though. He's off to play the Asia Cup in January/Feb!

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭scouttio

Shedite27 wrote: »
    He came on against a tired defense that was down to 10 men. If ya go for him I'd expect quite a few 1pt cameos.

You could be right but there is more to his form than that one substitute appearance. He's been scoring well in cups.

• Registered Users Posts: 962 ✭✭✭amber69

Dónal wrote: »
    Oh right, did he go up last night? Was pretty sure he was 5.0 yesterday.

Don't known just checked my player prices. I've more or less stopped checking player prices as none of the sites are close.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,096 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

amber69 wrote: »
    Don't known just checked my player prices. I've more or less stopped checking player prices as none of the sites are close.

Most of the sites (barring TotalFPL) are getting the prices rises correct. Or they're getting close enough to be on guard.
    Jedinak was due to go up last night and he did.

Edit....moved reply to team value thread. .

Shedite27 wrote: »

He came on when both teams had 11 players actually. Poch is under savage pressure to play him in PL games from not only the media (young English striker), the fans (booing ade and soldado then roaring when Kane comes on and singing his name) and also Kane's form is by the best of the 3 front men at spurs. To be honest I couldn't see any other scenario that doesn't see Kane getting a run in the team for a few weeks!

Iv brought him in for that useless lump Ulloa, hope it works out :P

Gael Clichy looks set for an extended run in the Man City team, Kolarov out for at least a month. One goal in 8 years wouldn't inspire too much confidence but the fixtures are decent and City will surely improve at the back. 5.3m

• Registered Users Posts: 22,525 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

How highly rated is Kane? If he gets the start against Stoke and scores, he will definitely be on my radar as a replacement for Welbeck.

How highly rated is Kane? If he gets the start against Stoke and scores, he will definitely be on my radar as a replacement for Welbeck.

Kane has been blown up quite a bit due to the lack of options at Spurs and the impatience of the supporters with Adebayor due to his Arsenal past. His goal on Sunday was as lucky as it gets, how he had the audacity to insist on taking it over Lamela and then hit a little chip with the arch of his foot I will never know. Guzan and the Villa fans would have been laughing at him were it not for the deflection. He did well on Sunday though, his header from the corner jut after he came on was very good. I think there is a good chance he will start this weekend but to be honest it is likely to be a once off.
    In saying all that his price is fantastic for a guy who will get game time almost every week and is likely to live on your bench due to uncertainty over his game time, it depends whether you want to play 3-5-2 or 3-4-3.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

If either of Costa, Pelle or Aguero begins to splutter over the next few weeks, I'm thinking of moving one of them out and getting in Baines/Coleman and also getting in Hazard in my midfield.

So, my question is, who's the better long-term Everton option... Baines or Coleman?

I've done some number crunching, and Coleman has the better points per minute ratio - a point for roughly every 14 minutes played while Baines is scoring a point for roughly every 15 minutes played. People often point out that Baines is worthwhile for setpieces, but he shares these with Mirallas (whenever he's fit - which he currently isn't).

Baines is owned by 24% of players, while only 6.1% own Coleman, so Coleman offers a nice differential.

I think I've already convinced myself that Coleman is the best option here, but what's everyone else's view on it?

AdMMM wrote: »
    If either of Costa, Pelle or Aguero begins to splutter over the next few weeks, I'm thinking of moving one of them out and getting in Baines/Coleman and also getting in Hazard in my midfield.

So, my question is, who's the better long-term Everton option... Baines or Coleman?

I've done some number crunching, and Coleman has the better points per minute ratio - a point for roughly every 14 minutes played while Baines is scoring a point for roughly every 15 minutes played. People often point out that Baines is worthwhile for setpieces, but he shares these with Mirallas (whenever he's fit - which he currently isn't).

Baines is owned by 24% of players, while only 6.1% own Coleman, so Coleman offers a nice differential.

I think I've already convinced myself that Coleman is the best option here, but what's everyone else's view on it?

I did the same analysis a few weeks back. Ultimately I see them scoring the same so at this stage, with 0.3 in the difference, I'd probably go for Coleman.

I went for Coleman a few weeks ago due to insufficient funds for Baines.

Don't really see how he's a differential though.... They should both return similar points so your not gaining anything on someone that has opted for Baines.
    The way I look at it is that you are part of a large group that either own Baines or Coleman.

What was interesting to see was what happened last weekend. The first game that both played 90, had a CS but did not assist or score. Coleman got 3 bonus points v Baines 1.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

PARlance wrote: »
    I did the same analysis a few weeks back. Ultimately I see them scoring the same so at this stage, with 0.3 in the difference, I'd probably go for Coleman.

I went for Coleman a few weeks ago due to insufficient funds for Baines.

Don't really see how he's a differential though.... They should both return similar points so your not gaining anything on someone that has opted for Baines.
    The way I look at it is that you are part of a large group that either own Baines or Coleman.

What was interesting to see was what happened last weekend. The first game that both played 90, had a CS but did not assist or score. Coleman got 3 bonus points v Baines 1.

Baines misses penalty, Coleman scores rebound = differential :pac:
    (I would cry if this happened :()
    From Berbacat's excellent weekly article: "The debate between Baines, Coleman or both rages on as Coleman nabbed the max BPS this time, but there is a strong reason to believe that Everton's lineup shakeup contributed to Baines' lack of BPs - Both Coleman and Baines had the basics, but Baines had attempted the riskier passes, which failed to find their men and his pass % suffered as a result. Baines remains the prime pick, but Coleman is worth doubling on."

• Advertisement

Baines misses penalty, Coleman scores rebound = differential :pac:
    (I would cry if this happened :()

From Berbacat's excellent weekly article: "The debate between Baines, Coleman or both rages on as Coleman nabbed the max BPS this time, but there is a strong reason to believe that Everton's lineup shakeup contributed to Baines' lack of BPs - Both Coleman and Baines had the basics, but Baines had attempted the riskier passes, which failed to find their men and his pass % suffered as a result. Baines remains the prime pick, but Coleman is worth doubling on."

I hadn't read that article, or any of those articles, this forum is enough/too much :)...If Baines' passes keep failing that'd be great, I'll allow him the odd successful one as long as Seamie is at the end of it ;) don't think doubling up on them down the line is a bad idea either.

Advertisement