Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Team Value

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,829 ✭✭✭✭CSF

TV: 106.8
    Resale: 104.0

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭Shaque attack

TV: 106.3
    Resale: 104

I've been caught with a few value drops, not getting giroud out because I was in the pub irks me, but I think this time last year my TV would have been around 102

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

FHFC wrote: »
    How are we looking coming into wildcard?

Resale 105.3

Remains to be seen if it's of any significant advantage with so many cheap strikers.
    Still about £1m shier than you :P

£107.2m
    Resale £104.4m

It does offer a significant advantage at least by giving you more flexibility regarding your transfer options. For example you were able to get RVP in your team without depleting it elsewhere (personally I would have been shy a couple of £0.1m to get him in and be happy with my team overall). In the end this whole team value thing is all about a couple of £0.1m which can make a huge difference (e.g. sorry G1032 to rub salt but you know what I'm talking about :P).

If I take my own example my high team value allowed me to get Aguero immediately back in my team last year when he was rushed back (for the Cardiff game). Granted he quickly got injured (their next PL game at White Hart Lane) but the day he came back [though it was for a late 30 min cameo) he scored and assisted, combining both times with Yaya whom I was owning too. A ~20 pts gain (a ~10 pts gain over the Yaya owner). I won my cash league by 7 pts last year. Was one of the only one who could afford Aguero at that time. None of my rivals went the Dzeko route back then (we all took it later). I know many counterexamples are valid too. But I particularly remember that story because I gained significantly on my rivals from it last year. And the bottom line is my higher flexibility towards transfers last year was one of the main reason I won my league :cool:.

Coming back to your team. Your extra £1.0m resale should play in your favour one way or the other in the coming months. We're just at the season HT. Admittedly cheap strikers are doing the job. But City & Chelsea defences racked up the points in the last month. It's just up to you to make the good calls now :P. Elementary, my dear Watson! :pac:.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭wonski

104.2 resale

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

I think I'm going to ignore price changes now unless I have the exact cash to make a move. For example, after this GW I would have done Yaya and Bony out straight away so as not to lose resale value. But there's a 10 day gap between GWs so I wouldn't want to risk any injuries.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

https://twitter.com/FantasyFootyFix/status/552381582288637952?s=03

Top 1000 average squad value is 105.7m compared to 101.2 overall.

Wildcard advantage?

http://t.co/4OyptQe02s http://t.co/MdAlN774WU

https://twitter.com/FantasyFootyFix/status/552381582288637952?s=03

Top 1000 average squad value is 105.7m compared to 101.2 overall.

Wildcard advantage?

http://t.co/4OyptQe02s http://t.co/MdAlN774WU

I assume that's resell value?

CSF wrote: »

Tweeted them and it's total value including bank.

Tweeted them and it's total value including bank.
    Wow. Would not have thought I'd be that far ahead of the top 10 average in terms of value from my lowly spot in 120k.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,745 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

I wouldn't put too much store on team value, quite a few have probably wrecked their chances of high finishes chasing it and keeping it when the right thing to do was dump, dumping players for a hit when they were due to drop .1 (people are often doing this against their better judgement)
    Rant over from someone with a team value of 104.3:o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

107.4 Team Value
    104.4 Resale Value

Wow. Would not have thought I'd be that far ahead of the top 10 average in terms of value from my lowly spot in 120k.

I'm surprised the overall average is soooo low! I said from the start that despite slower price rises, more drops etc that while people watching their team value would not gain as high a figure as before their advantage of the average player would still be as big as, if not even bigger than, last year in relative terms.

I'm at around 108.4 overall so thats more than 7m more than the overall average above. Resale is 105.6 now. OR 745.

I think you can chase value without compromising your teams performance, in fact if your team is going well one follows the other, its then just a matter of watching the prices and where necessary risking early transfers. Like bringing in Kane this week early, I knew last week he was my likely transfer this week, and as I do care about value it would just kill me to leave it and pay 0.3 more for him on Friday! If something goes badly wrong injury wise I can live with ending up with a hit the odd time as a result of an early transfer.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,304 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

My team value is 104.8, resale 102.9.

It's crazy low but I haven't made a single transfer all year for value, nor have I moved early in the week all too often. We'll see how it affects me in the 2nd half but I'd say I've lost around 1.0 in actual value due to letting players I own drop.

I think my good performance so far has had a lot to do with it, as in I feel as if it's ok to let them drop while I'm doing well.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

I think you can chase value without compromising your teams performance, in fact if your team is going well one follows the other, its then just a matter of watching the prices and where necessary risking early transfers. Like bringing in Kane this week early, I knew last week he was my likely transfer this week, and as I do care about value it would just kill me to leave it and pay 0.3 more for him on Friday! If something goes badly wrong injury wise I can live with ending up with a hit the odd time as a result of an early transfer.

I let Kane go up 0.2m since I didn't want to risk injuries. I'll bring him in before his last rise/Bony's next fall. The odds of players getting injured is probably quite low, but I've been playing pretty cautious this season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

Delighted with the progress on my team value of late.
    Currently at £106.8 with a resale value of £104.1

TV 106.9
    RV 104.1

No offence mate but you mustn't have well thought it over ;). £105.7m resale value is absolutely huge. I mean no one in here (not even FHFC) reaches that. So for that to be an average (even for top 1k) you'd have to expect players with a resale team value above £107m (I'm sure many here don't even reach that with their total value).
    I'm surprised the overall average is soooo low! I said from the start that despite slower price rises, more drops etc that while people watching their team value would not gain as high a figure as before their advantage of the average player would still be as big as, if not even bigger than, last year in relative terms.

I'm at around 108.4 overall so thats more than 7m more than the overall average above. Resale is 105.6 now. OR 745.

I fully agree with your last paragraph but still don't fully with your first :p (the bold part in particular). Last year for GW21, I was at £111.1m total value and £106.9m resale. This year £107.5m TV and £104.6m resale. I doubt the overall average was £2m higher last year since casuals and dead teams don't really follow (if at all) price changes and would have only benefitted from Ramsey & Yaya overall. Most of the other big hitters started to perform when dead teams have already become dead.

That said, if slightly to mildly reduced, team value will play its part in the coming 3 months and particularly when Aguero & Sturridge will be back. Afterwards it's generally becoming less of an issue (unless there's a late DGW involving all the big guns with all of them on fire -- loads of "ifs" here though...).

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

TV: 107.4
    RV: 104.9

iroced wrote: »
    No offence mate but you mustn't have well thought it over ;). £105.7m resale value is absolutely huge. I mean no one in here (not even FHFC) reaches that. So for that to be an average (even for top 1k) you'd have to expect players with a resale team value above £107m (I'm sure many here don't even reach that with their total value).
    I'm not in top 100k and I'm only 1.1 less, was thinking that those in the top 1k, have probably had the likes of Clyne, Bertrand, Downing, Fabregas etc from the start, which would account for some difference, but as you said, its still too much.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Resale value of 104.0, and after the wildcard I'll stop watching it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,254 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

TV: 107.5
    RV: 104.6

• Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭CrabieCrawford

Tv: l06.9
    Rv: l03.8

• Registered Users Posts: 6,921 ✭✭✭G1032

iroced wrote: »
    In the end this whole team value thing is all about a couple of £0.1m which can make a huge difference (e.g. sorry G1032 to rub salt but you know what I'm talking about :P).

It absolutely is about a couple of 0.1's. No doubt. They can really hurt when you're on the wrong side of them!!

But, in saying that, I've not chased price rises this season like I did last year. Last season I took too many hits chasing rises and ended up obsessed with getting players in before they went up 0.2 or 0.3. Prices rose so fast last season though that it made it very difficult to take a step back and evaluate and instead we were forced into a lot of early and transfers. A lot of them never worked out and forced me into hits then to repair the damage.

I swore I'd not make them mistakes again and I've not made as many transfers and I think (without looking at dates etc from transfer data) that I've made much more transfers later in the week. Yes, it's bitten me in the @ss this season with one particular player but so be it. That's the way the cookie crumbles.

I'm enjoying the game much more this year than last and the slower rising of player prices is definitely a factor in this enjoyment. I can sit back for an extra coupe of days and think about a transfer, weigh it up and then make the decision.

Now, all I need to do is find that bleedin' 0.1 to get Terry in:P:)

TV 106.9
    RV 104.2

G1032 wrote: »
    I'm enjoying the game much more this year than last and the slower rising of player prices is definitely a factor in this enjoyment. I can sit back for an extra coupe of days and think about a transfer, weigh it up and then make the decision.
    100% agree with you on this. It did work in my favour last year but I found it tiring to constantly watch out for the speed of the price changes (not to be priced out).

The way it works this season is way better. I'd like to see it without the WC transfers excluded from the calculations too (even if I did take advantage of holding my WC, at least price wise, this week). Just to check how much an effect WC have with this better weighted system.
    G1032 wrote: »
    Now, all I need to do is find that bleedin' 0.1 to get Terry in:P:)

TV 106.9
    RV 104.2
    I think Boyd to a cheaper 5th mid is the quickest major-team-readjustment-less way to reach it ;).

• Registered Users Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭wonski

wonski wrote: »
    104.2 resale

WC played ( 7 transfers out)

Tv: 105.9
    Rv: 104.4 resale

Happy with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,400 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Am I the only person who dislikes the new system? It's one less strategy to success. The only difference between the top 3 in my main league seems to be captain choice this year. I've been playing since the start and enjoyed the price changes, in fact I usually prioritised augmented team value till Christmas and then have the dream team for the run in. Now that's not possible for the first time in almost a decade.

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭JR6

TV 106.9
    Resale 104.3
    Happy enough with this and hope for a few more rises before my wildcard. Although if aguero plays and scores today I'll be doing it tonight!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,921 ✭✭✭G1032

Am I the only person who dislikes the new system? It's one less strategy to success. The only difference between the top 3 in my main league seems to be captain choice this year. I've been playing since the start and enjoyed the price changes, in fact I usually prioritised augmented team value till Christmas and then have the dream team for the run in. Now that's not possible for the first time in almost a decade.

Well it's very much each to their own but last year was too crazy imo. The price rises were crazy fast and as iroced said it was just tiring constantly looking at the rises. I for one don't miss it.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭sneachtafear

I like this new system as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

If I know a rival has a team value of 101.3 and 0.6M in the bank, is there any way I can calculate the resale value of his team?
    He has yet to activate the January Wildcard so Im trying to think how many of the big hitters he can squeeze in.

Advertisement