Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Team Value

Options
1234568»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,328 ✭✭✭✭8-10

If I know a rival has a team value of 101.3 and 0.6M in the bank, is there any way I can calculate the resale value of his team?
    He has yet to activate the January Wildcard so Im trying to think how many of the big hitters he can squeeze in.

If you have the time you can look at his transfer history page and use a price website to tell what the purchase price of his current team would have been on the date he transferred in each player. Then by looking at their current price you could work out what his selling price for each would be. Add them all up + his 0.6 bank will give you his value

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

If I know a rival has a team value of 101.3 and 0.6M in the bank, is there any way I can calculate the resale value of his team?
    He has yet to activate the January Wildcard so Im trying to think how many of the big hitters he can squeeze in.

If you really want to you can go to his transfer history on one tab and the FISO price changes history on the other and list out the PP (purchase price) for all his team. Then by referring to their CP (current price) you can work out an SP (Selling price) for his squad, basically the same info you'd have on the data view on your own transfers page.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

Been a while since we did an update here. How's everyone looking for the final run in?

TV: 106.0m
    SV: 104.2m

for me

• Registered Users Posts: 6,745 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

I am actually very proud of my absolutely shocking team value at this stage, 103.8m.
    I haven't chased value or based my team around risers and fallers, I'd love to have more money to play with but I'm very happy with my season.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

I am actually very proud of my absolutely shocking team value at this stage, 103.8m.
    I haven't chased value or based my team around risers and fallers, I'd love to have more money to play with but I'm very happy with my season.

Thats shocking bad! Historically I always have a very low TV for some reason but even I have got it upto 104.1!

After playing my WC my selling value now would be 103.2 only player I have with any "profit" tied up in is Kane.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

You can have the inaugural Jermain Cuadrado Award for Worst TV :p

• Registered Users Posts: 769 ✭✭✭seklly

At 107 (104.7 resale), peaked in gameweek 30 at 107.6. Not worried about risers or fallers any more, just player fitness for the final sprint!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

At 107.9m TV with a resale of 105.5m. Very surprised at that because I haven't been looking at TV half as much as last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,199 ✭✭✭qwabercd

106.2 resale value.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,304 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Is that resale or bog standard TV?

Cos my resale is 103.6 and I'd very much like that Jermain Cuadrado award that was mentioned :D

105.3 otherwise and I didn't pay any attention to the rises at all this year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Who the **** is Jermain Cuadrado???

Is that resale or bog standard TV?

Cos my resale is 103.6 and I'd very much like that Jermain Cuadrado award that was mentioned :D

105.3 otherwise and I didn't pay any attention to the rises at all this year.

I wish it was resale, well actually I dont. As I said I'm quite proud of it.
    Resale is 102.3

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

TV £108.0m. Resale £105.9m.

Very surprised at how high it still is since I stopped bothering about team value for over 2 months now.

Up to now I can say I played that "team value game" pretty well. I built my team value without taking many related hits, managed to afford most premium players I was eyeing, was able to sell and lose value on Sanchez a couple of months ago to give me a flexibility I took advantage of so far and should continue doing if everything goes according to plan, did eventually not lose out too much lately from my "plummetting" players and in the end will hopefully benefit from my current high enough resale value for the run-in.

-

Just checked my figures from last year. Don't have my resale for GW33 but at GW32 my resale value was at £109.4m with £114.2m TV.

-
    @ Swiper. Is it the first year you perform so well with such a low team value?

iroced wrote: »
    TV £108.0m. Resale £105.9m.

Very surprised at how high it still is since I stopped bothering about team value for over 2 months now.

Up to now I can say I played that "team value game" pretty well. I built my team value without taking many related hits, managed to afford most premium players I was eyeing, was able to sell and lose value on Sanchez a couple of months ago to give me a flexibility I took advantage of so far and should continue doing if everything goes according to plan, did eventually not lose out too much lately from my "plummetting" players and in the end will hopefully benefit from my current high enough resale value for the run-in.

-

Just checked my figures from last year. Don't have my resale for GW33 but at GW32 my resale value was at £109.4m with £114.2m TV.

-
    @ Swiper. Is it the first year you perform so well with such a low team value?

Last year was my first full season, I started in week 3 the year before. I had terrible team value last year also and I finished in 11k. I care very little about it to be honest, I know fellas who are terrible and they spend the whole time chasing price rises on players they've never even seen play. In my league with mates the guy in second has a team value 7.1m more than me but he's 210 points behind me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭Sooner or Later

TV 106.2 RV 104.3

Last year was my first full season, I started in week 3 the year before. I had terrible team value last year also and I finished in 11k. I care very little about it to be honest, I know fellas who are terrible and they spend the whole time chasing price rises on players they've never even seen play. In my league with mates the guy in second has a team value 7.1m more than me but he's 210 points behind me.
    Ah yeah chasing team value just for the sake of it is pointless but I somehow got the feeling that building your team value (at least) up to the January WC was almost essential. It's very interesting to see people (like you) with opposite strategies perform as well if not better ;).

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

iroced wrote: »
    Ah yeah chasing team value just for the sake of it is pointless but I somehow got the feeling that building your team value (at least) up to the January WC was almost essential. It's very interesting to see people (like you) with opposite strategies perform as well if not better ;).

Back when prices were a lot more volatile you really couldn't afford to get left behind but the difference isn't as big now.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

I'm down to 107.5 now after being up around 109. Resale is 106.

I prefer to have the flexibility of the extra cash, and I chase value up till Christmas and keep and eye on it for a while after that. If there are form players in cheaper brackets, and there are loads at present, there's no huge advantage, however if Costa hadn't got injured for example, it could easily be different.

I'd rather be looking at it than looking for it. The main advantage has been no pressure to make early transfer as I've been able to let rises and drops decimate me this last few weeks and still have loads of cash.

Interesting that iroced who was amazed at my numbers earlier in the season now has a more valuable team. Goes to show that having the right players in your team will coincide with increasing value. My principle is that if you watch that and time transfers, as well as catch the odd price bandwagon early season you can have good value without costing rank.

jimmii wrote: »
    Back when prices were a lot more volatile you really couldn't afford to get left behind but the difference isn't as big now.
    I'd tend to agree with you and this season is certainly exceptional with so many cheaper options performing largely above expectations (particularly forward with e.g. Kane & Austin).
    But Swiper's example from last year seems to show a different strategy could also work. Then I don't know what he calls a "terrible" team value.
    FHFC wrote: »
    I'm down to 107.5 now after being up around 109. Resale is 106.

I prefer to have the flexibility of the extra cash, and I chase value up till Christmas and keep and eye on it for a while after that. If there are form players in cheaper brackets, and there are loads at present, there's no huge advantage, however if Costa hadn't got injured for example, it could easily be different.

I'd rather be looking at it than looking for it. The main advantage has been no pressure to make early transfer as I've been able to let rises and drops decimate me this last few weeks and still have loads of cash.

Interesting that iroced who was amazed at my numbers earlier in the season now has a more valuable team. Goes to show that having the right players in your team will coincide with increasing value. My principle is that if you watch that and time transfers, as well as catch the odd price bandwagon early season you can have good value without costing rank.
    Ahah ;) My resale value is £0.1m less than yours though :p.

That said I play the same way as you and if I can make a top 20k finish it'll be my 4th in a row in 4 full seasons playing the game. So I guess it "validates" this approach ;).

Your point about Costa (and you could add Sturridge too) is very true and if Sanchez largely outscores Ozil in the remaining games, Aguero continues scoring and Silva's back to its Christmas returns, the high team value may eventually play its role this year...

I'd love to have a great team value, it would make things much easier, last year it could have been Ramsey and Yaya or lack thereof for most of the season that cost me, however I got quite lucky with budget players at different times, Adam Johnson and Mirallas come to mind here.
    This year it was obvious early on that my team value was never gonna be huge, none of the early season bandwagons appealed to me. I've had the luxury of making my transfers on Friday or Saturday, this has definitely earned me points on a few occasions and meant I have fielded a reasonably strong team every week.
    Defoe cost me a lot but like I said a few weeks ago if I hadn't held him for so long there's no way I would have gotten Benteke for the Dgw, the single best decision I've made all year, pure luck but I'll take it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Total Value 105.6
    Resale 103.1

Advertisement