Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 2 Transfers

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,641 ✭✭✭✭dahat

So pulled the trigger in Siggy which leaves me with 2.0 in the bank so plenty to play with if I need it.

Mata looks on thin ice especially if those around the 9.0 mark show superior form over the next 2 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,083 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

unless there's an injury or something monumental happens, my transfer will be banked.

always a glorious feeling.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,394 ✭✭✭pah

Puncheon out, Siggy in. makes sense to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,935 ✭✭✭G1032

dahat wrote: »
    So pulled the trigger in Siggy which leaves me with 2.0 in the bank so plenty to play with if I need it.

Mata looks on thin ice especially if those around the 9.0 mark show superior form over the next 2 weeks.

Who did you sell? Glad Siggy didn't go up last night. 0.1 saved for me as I was going to wait until today regardless. Depending on what Sturridge does today it'll be either him or Mata out for Siggy tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 16,304 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Siggy will come in, probably tonight. Couts or Mata on the block.

The question was simply would he start in the hole or the wing and that was emphatically answered. I knew before the match even started I'd made a mistake tbh.

Austin is on thin ice too. Just watching him on goals on Sunday and the idea that opposition would watch his penalty routines seemed an alien concept. I can't afford 9 point swings like that miss. He'll get another week or 2 though, probably.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Unsure at the minute, but as things stand I may be looking at trying to interpret who will start as the £4.5m Swansea defenders.

I'm still happy with the STO/SWA home rotation for the first 12 or 13 weeks and think it should see some return, but after Taylor's horror show yesterday Monk might be tempted to withdraw him and play Tiendailli as LB.

Sunderland also offer nice rotation with Stoke from around GW 4 so I may consider van Aanholt either as he looked very good going forward yesterday despite his defensive deficiencies.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,641 ✭✭✭✭dahat

G1032 wrote: »
    Who did you sell? Glad Siggy didn't go up last night. 0.1 saved for me as I was going to wait until today regardless. Depending on what Sturridge does today it'll be either him or Mata out for Siggy tonight

Sold Coutinho based on his next two fixtures after today really, giving Mata a little more time as he has on paper kinder fixtures.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

I'd like to get Siggy in but the problem is I don't want to remove any of my main mids this early. Eriksen is a concern, though; seemingly he did not look effective out wide at all. I know it was reported pre-season that he was out wide, though, so it's my own fault for hoping that he might be played in the hole. It's one that I'm considering.

Alternatively, I could upgrade my benched 4.5 mid to Siggy by changing Bojan to a 4.5, but that would necessitate a 0.5 downgrade elsewhere and therefore would be an 8-point hit; I would really rather avoid that so early on. I was getting cold feet about Bojan before yesterday though, so it's tempting.

• Registered Users Posts: 929 ✭✭✭Markx

Paully D wrote: »
    I'm still happy with the STO/SWA home rotation for the first 12 or 13 weeks and think it should see some return, but after Taylor's horror show yesterday Monk might be tempted to withdraw him and play Tiendailli as LB.

Yeah Taylor going off was a big worry. Hopefully it was because he was on a yellow and the pace of Januzaj could have got him a red. Surely it would be very harsh to drop him after 53 minutes of football in a game they won (I hope)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

I'd like to get Siggy in but the problem is I don't want to remove any of my main mids this early. Eriksen is a concern, though; seemingly he did not look effective out wide at all. I know it was reported pre-season that he was out wide, though, so it's my own fault for hoping that he might be played in the hole. It's one that I'm considering.

Alternatively, I could upgrade my benched 4.5 mid to Siggy by changing Bojan to a 4.5, but that would necessitate a 0.5 downgrade elsewhere and therefore would be an 8-point hit; I would really rather avoid that so early on. I was getting cold feet about Bojan before yesterday though, so it's tempting.

I presume you haven't seen MoTD. Gullit was a pundit and picked out both Lamela and Eriksen as being ineffective for Spurs yesterday. He reckoned Lamela played central and Eriksen wide left in the first half and it didn't work.

They tried the opposite in the second half and it didn't work either. He painted Lamela as a bit of a trick pony who always goes for something flash rather than a simple pass.

Spurs looked like they created very little yesterday but then they were down to ten men from early enough. I wouldn't bring Lamela or Eriksen in but I'd probably give them a second week if I had them.

Home to QPR next week.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 202 ✭✭Arnold Tanzarian

Was thinking of taking a 4pt hit and transferring out smalling for chester and getting siggy in instead of king. Is it worth the 4 pt hit? I will prob wait til after the chelsea game as i have costa and fab to go yet and if they rack up points i suppose it will be easier to put the other two in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

Lemlin wrote: »
    I presume you haven't seen MoTD. Gullit was a pundit and picked out both Lamela and Eriksen as being ineffective for Spurs yesterday. He reckoned Lamela played central and Eriksen wide left in the first half and it didn't work.

They tried the opposite in the second half and it didn't work either. He painted Lamela as a bit of a trick pony who always goes for something flash rather than a simple pass.

Spurs looked like they created very little yesterday but then they were down to ten men from early enough. I wouldn't bring Lamela or Eriksen in but I'd probably give them a second week if I had them.

Home to QPR next week.

Is Eriksen still on set pieces?

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭Gatame

Home to QPR next week.

I have both Eriksen and Lamela for GW1&2 with the intention of transferring out one of them for GW3. Hopefully one of them will bag a goal next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭lorenzo87

With regard to Sigurdsson, missing the boat might spring to mind. :-)
    Although they do play Burnley at home next!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,916 ✭✭✭Flecktarn

Lads Ben Davies didn't play for Spurs yesterday, I'm wondering should I hold onto him or bring in someone else. I have 5.0m to spend on a third defender.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭finnharpsboy

Flecktarn wrote: »
    Lads Ben Davies didn't play for Spurs yesterday, I'm wondering should I hold onto him or bring in someone else. I have 5.0m to spend on a third defender.

id swap him for dier

• Registered Users Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

I have noticed a pattern where the main top 10 winners of FF make very few transfers and sticking with players who go through fairly long droughts

• Registered Users Posts: 16,304 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

lorenzo87 wrote: »
    With regard to Sigurdsson, missing the boat might spring to mind. :-)
    Although they do play Burnley at home next!

I'll bite. Siggy isn't a bandwagon, not in the traditional sense anyway. His name was everywhere in here for the last month but he'd been played on the wing in preseason which was a cause for concern. Now that its been confirmed that he'll play in the hole coupled with being 6.0 it's much more than chasing points, more like a timely reminder of his capabilities at a club and system that suits him.

It's a no brainier for me now. As evidenced by my reaction to him playing in behind in the match day thread before the game even started.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,916 ✭✭✭Flecktarn

id swap him for dier

Will Dier consistently start though?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

Sigurdsson already set to rise tonight according to TotalFPL and Fiso

Fuck sake! Looks like it's Sterling out Sigurdsson in regardless of todays outcome now! Swansea's next two fixtures are a lot nicer than Liverpools!

• Advertisement

Sigurdsson already set to rise tonight according to TotalFPL and Fiso

Fuck sake! Looks like it's Sterling out Sigurdsson in regardless of todays outcome now! Swansea's next two fixtures are a lot nicer than Liverpools!

Already made that transfer, siggy for davis

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭hjkl

id swap him for dier

I don't think Dier will play when Vertonghen is back.

I'll bite. Siggy isn't a bandwagon, not in the traditional sense anyway. His name was everywhere in here for the last month but he'd been played on the wing in preseason which was a cause for concern. Now that its been confirmed that he'll play in the hole coupled with being 6.0 it's much more than chasing points, more like a timely reminder of his capabilities at a club and system that suits him.

It's a no brainier for me now. As evidenced by my reaction to him playing in behind in the match day thread before the game even started.

picked by 8.9%!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭Rosco79

4 point hit to fix the davies and young disasters....... Siggy a definite and Yoshida might be a good option to slot in at 4.5m with some decent fixures coming up, will watch today

What surprises me is how some of last years best point getters are picked by very few this year
    Terry 14.5%
    Skrtel 12.6%
    Nasri 6.7%

Rosco79 wrote: »
    4 point hit to fix the davies and young disasters....... Siggy a definite and Yoshida might be a good option to slot in at 4.5m with some decent fixures coming up, will watch today

wouldn't throw away had won points, stick to your one free, siggy in!

• Registered Users Posts: 42,080 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

picked by 8.9%!!!!

He was picked by mostly experienced FPL players who knew that if he played in his preferred position he would deliver big points on a consistent basis.

jebforever wrote: »
    He was picked by mostly experienced FPL players who knew that if he played in his preferred position he would deliver big points on a consistent basis.

which I read, even asked why and duely ignored! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭Rosco79

wouldn't throw away had won points, stick to your one free, siggy in!

generally i agree but need the 0.5 to upgrade to siggy and cant afford to carry a 5m defender that doesnt start so bullet being bitten.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Home to QPR next week.

Indeed I haven't. And I'm very reluctant to shift Eriksen after just one week, it'd be rather knee-jerk. You make a good point about Spurs' disadvantage yesterday, the game plan probably went out the window after the sending off. I don't think I'll move him out, particularly with the home fixture versus QPR next week. I would like to bring Siggy in though, so will look for another avenue.

Advertisement