Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 2 Transfers

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

dahat wrote: »
    Siggy on for Coutinho for me, will wait until he looks like rising though.

Plenty will be tempted by Berahino I imagine especially with him being the peno taker

Same as. Wonder will he go up tonight.

Berahino might be a bandwagon worth riding too.

Siggy on for Coutinho for me, will wait until he looks like rising though.

Plenty will be tempted by Berahino I imagine especially with him being the peno taker

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

May do a chambers to Chester price rise special

• Registered Users Posts: 21,094 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

FHFC wrote: »

Doubt Siggy will go up tonight. At 20% 20 mins ago. Was hoping for a bigger chunk than that.

PARlance wrote: »
    Doubt Siggy will go up tonight. At 20% 20 mins ago. Was hoping for a bigger chunk than that.

Good. Would rather see Cout play before transferring him out. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,641 ✭✭✭✭dahat

FHFC wrote: »

Berahino is a WC bandwagon, waste of a transfer other than that.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

I'm thinking of it to try and gain some value. Pauly might know more having watched the game.

I'm waiting to watch MoTD but he has outperformed all the other strikers in his price bracket today.

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭mectavba

Is it my imagination or did they used to give you 2 free transfers in the first week?

I don't really feel it is worth wasting points and trransfers based on one weeks games, especially with new signings bound to be made.

Think he had a decent finish to last season.
    It'll be a bandwagon for sure but I think the lad can score points

• Registered Users Posts: 4,268 ✭✭✭IsMiseMyself

Depending on how Liverpool get on tomorrow, I'll either do a straight swap of Hendo for Siggy or use the funds in the bank to go 4.5 midfielder whose name I can't remember to Siggy and rotate them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,641 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Lemlin wrote: »
    I'm thinking of it to try and gain some value. Pauly might know more having watched the game.

I'm waiting to watch MoTD but he has outperformed all the other strikers in his price bracket today.

Those who have Siggy can gamble I suppose but those who don't need the transfer for Siggy.

I can see the logic in getting him but it is a total bandwagon imo. WBA are widely tipped to struggle.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭zarquon

mectavba wrote: »
    Is it my imagination or did they used to give you 2 free transfers in the first week?

I don't really feel it is worth wasting points and trransfers based on one weeks games, especially with new signings bound to be made.

It's your imagination!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭Shedite27

* Newbie question* Should I do my transfers now before this gameweeks is finished incase price valuations for example siggy go upwards , or wait until its over?
    If you go for the strategy of making the transfer on the Sun/Mon I guarantee you there will be 5/6 of the 38 weeks when you will regret it. Either the player you brought in will get injured, or a more expensive player in your team will get injured. It's a tough one, gamble really. There's pros and cons to both. No right answer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

kennyb3 wrote: »
    Rubbish, they rose straight away, I did my transfer pre the city Monday night riot and regretted it.

The season started on the 17 August last season.
    First price changes happened at 1am on the 20 august. Logged on here. Logged on here. http://www.fiso.co.uk/forum/crack-the-code-2013-14-the-fiso-guide-to-fpl-price-changes-t103498-30.html

Your memory is incorrect.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,412 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

zarquon wrote: »
    It's your imagination!!

Never got 2 transfers for free before after week 1 but there was an extra wildcard a couple of years back due to server issues before the first gameweek.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Yeah I'll be banking this week's transfer, one game isn't enough to hatch a proper plan off (neither is two for that matter, but it's a bit better).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,369 ✭✭✭the incredible pudding

Shedite27 wrote: »
    If you go for the strategy of making the transfer on the Sun/Mon I guarantee you there will be 5/6 of the 38 weeks when you will regret it. Either the player you brought in will get injured, or a more expensive player in your team will get injured. It's a tough one, gamble really. There's pros and cons to both. No right answer.

The only time you should ever do it is if there's a player you absolutely NEED and their price is going to rise to something beyond you can afford that night. As mentioned here, generally it's not a good idea as it can backfire terribly and cost you far more points than it will save you. The absolute worst time to make a transfer is during/directly after a match, the second worst is to do it before all the matches that week where players you own are playing in have finished. The best time to make a transfer is the night before or morning preceding the next set of games.
    Being patient and disciplined are two things that will really help you in this game.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭jive

How did United look defensively? Thinking of downgrading Jones to 4.0 and upgrading my 4.5 midfielder (Marney) to Siggy. Don't want to do it tonight but if he looks like rising it will force my hand. Rest of team looks good just don't want to miss the gravy train, no need to wildcard will just take the hit

It's not looking like Siggy is going to get close to rising tonight.

Someone also posted that there may be no price rises for the first two days. Not sure about that but Siggy doesn't look like he'll make it tonight anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

I'll be giving Mata a chance. Have £1m in the bank but no one is screaming at me to transfer. I'll look at Berahino but think that's probably a massive kneejerker. If tomorrow is pretty boring and Chelsea win easily I'll probably bank my transfer! First time for everything...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭kronsington

And I can't even replace young with siggy as I spent all my cash so it'll have To be one of Eriksen or sterling. Thoughts?

How many bonus points can be expected for Rooney and Ramsey this week?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

How many bonus points can be expected for Rooney and Ramsey this week?

Rooney got 1 and Ramsey got 3.

* Newbie question* Should I do my transfers now before this gameweeks is finished incase price valuations for example siggy go upwards , or wait until its over?

My view would differ slightly ro some of the replies above. It's a matter of how you play the game though.

Obviously transferring early carries the risk of an injury or other unforseen problem leaving you stuck.

However I think early in the season price rises are important, and it will make a big difference to your team value if you are always cautious and leave the transfer late.

For all the emphasis placed on week 3 wildcards to gain value, making the right transfers before prices rise will gain you far more value. You might need to be open to taking a hit if you need to and sure, there will be times when you'll regret it.

if there are midweek games, Europe etc you might need to exercise more caution, but I disagree with the blanket statement that the best time to make the transfer is always the night before the deadline.

I'll be bringing in Siggy before he rises this week, even if that was tonight. He'll be 6.2 if not 6.3 by the end of the week. If Rooney gets injured on Friday I'm prepared to take a hit.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭kennyb3

The season started on the 17 August last season.
    First price changes happened at 1am on the 20 august. Logged on here. Logged on here. http://www.fiso.co.uk/forum/crack-the-code-2013-14-the-fiso-guide-to-fpl-price-changes-t103498-30.html

Your memory is incorrect.

Apologies, not how I remembered it,going senile I guess!

kennyb3 wrote: »
    Apologies, not how I remembered it,going senile I guess!

Quite possible that nobody reached the required transfers till then is it not?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,860 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Gylfi doesn't look like he will go up tonight right?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

So Sig won't rise tonight anyways?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,412 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

CSF wrote: »
    Gylfi doesn't look like he will go up tonight right?

28k transfers in and rising. He's probably the only one with a chance of going up tonight.
    Who knows what the settings are at the moment...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

He won't rise tonight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Unless something drastic happens today or tomorrow night (e.g a Coutinho or Sterling hat trick), I reckon I'll bank the transfer to give everyone at least a second week.

Advertisement