Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FSA Premier League Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,434 ✭✭✭Boots234

Princess13 wrote: »
    Who won?

Lemlin won by 2 points 50-48

• Registered Users Posts: 3,160 ✭✭✭Dearg81

CSF wrote: »
    By my count Krul's points would have been the difference for Lemlin.

Are the guys banned at the minute? Don't be getting permabanned lads I need you for this next year (unless of course I'm in a relegation place and you're higher than I am;))!!!

Maybe they just had to play their match behind closed doors to avoid any trouble and they'll be back posting next week :cool:

Lads, any chance someone could post up the complete table so far? Trying to do a little comparison between the prem, champo and leagues 1 and 2. Cheers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭Sooner or Later

95c45e6275ca0396d5b8c7b747473d75.gif

I was actually thinking of opening a thread on the same topic.

Very curious to see relative strengths of leagues.

Boards ids back on page 1

Nice one, sooner or later. Sorry to be a pain in the hoop, but can somebody post an actual link to the league? I'll set up a thread then with comparison between the 4 leagues. Cheers.

Edit: Nice one CSF.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,878 ✭✭✭✭CSF

• Registered Users Posts: 6,745 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

I'm playing you this week Mr CSF. You've already taken a four point hit and it's still only Wednesday, I can probably find out what you did by trawling the other threads but do you fancy just telling me?:p I don't see any need to take a hit myself this week but will see properly on Friday or Saturday morning. They're all big games but a win for me will push me up towards the leaders while a win for you will allow you a chance of mid table comfort for the first time, 'twill be a far shout from when we were rooted to the bottom only a few weeks ago.

I'm playing you this week Mr CSF. You've already taken a four point hit and it's still only Wednesday, I can probably find out what you did by trawling the other threads but do you fancy just telling me?:p I don't see any need to take a hit myself this week but will see properly on Friday or Saturday morning. They're all big games but a win for me will push me up towards the leaders while a win for you will allow you a chance of mid table comfort for the first time, 'twill be a far shout from when we were rooted to the bottom only a few weeks ago.

I've gone City heavy, Kun and Silva in

< cracks knuckles >

Gameweek 7

My third against Iago's unbeaten until last week league leaders.

Let's be having you!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

iroced wrote: »
    Beat the leader this week cool.png. I'm up against busts next. If I were you I'd take another 8 pointer pacman.gif.
    My season starts this week I'm finally happy enough with my team.

Thanks for half following my "advice" :D.

Looks like it'll mainly be your Silva vs my Sterling...

Elsewhere I'd say that your Van Anholt-Moore-Pellè should match my Wilson-Ivanovic-Ulloa. And your 4 pts hit is covered by my Krul vs your Forster :P :confused:...

Good luck anyway and I hope you have a monstrous week scoring 100+ pts and narrowly beating me by 1 pt :P.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

< cracks knuckles >

Gameweek 7

My third against Iago's unbeaten until last week league leaders.

Let's be having you!

Took a 4 point hit and gambled with (C) choice. Think you're favourite here tbh

Iago wrote: »
    Took a 4 point hit and gambled with (C) choice. Think you're favourite here tbh

Ulloa fo captain? You won't be the only one to pick him I'd guess.

Might still work out

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭Jeju

Up 19-17 in a nail biting encounter, with vastly different teams for the second half; Costa Capt being the only denominator; but Game of Throw Ins may have the edge attack wise.
    Its an intresting one; but if you dont see me posting here until Saturday week then take it for granted I lost.

Right. I'm 28-19 up vs Busts.

My Costa (C) - Fab - ADM - Ivan vs your Costa (C) - Fab - ADM - Forster - Pellè.

Basically need Southampton to have a stinker tomorrow :pac:. And if Ivanovic remembers he could score I'm not against it too :P.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,205 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Leading Irish Son 37-31, we have the exact same 4 attacking players playing tomorrow, with both our captains played today, so it comes down to my Clyne vs his Lloris. Hard to see him catching me, but stranger things have happened.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

Leading nevercaptaincleverly by eight points but with Costa captain and ivanovich to come for him I think those eight points won't be enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Intruiging match with the high flying daithij. Trailing 23-18 but with an extra player. We both have Clyne but I also have Forster so a clean sheet for Saints, unlikely as that is, means a lot more to me.

After that it's just Ivanovic v Chambers and crucially my captain Fab v his captain Costa.

On a wing and a prayer, doubt I've much chance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭irish son

Leading Irish Son 37-31, we have the exact same 4 attacking players playing tomorrow, with both our captains played today, so it comes down to my Clyne vs his Lloris. Hard to see him catching me, but stranger things have happened.

Yep, it came down to the choice of captains and your Siggy beat my Aguero, I'm having a terrible start but if Costa blanks tomorrow I'll have had a good week I think.

Currently leading Iago by 27 to 19 (23-4)

Taking out our players in common it is his Terry and Costa against my Pelle and Costa (c)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

FHFC wrote: »
    Intruiging match with the high flying daithij. Trailing 23-18 but with an extra player. We both have Clyne but I also have Forster so a clean sheet for Saints, unlikely as that is, means a lot more to me.

After that it's just Ivanovic v Chambers and crucially my captain Fab v his captain Costa.

On a wing and a prayer, doubt I've much chance.

You have 2 more players than me to play. But it might well come down to captain choice if Forster and Pelle return 2 points each.

• Advertisement

Delicately poised in my game with CSF, both have 5 to play and I'm 5 ahead. I think it'll come down to my Hazard and Adebayor against Di Maria and Pelle.

Delicately poised in my game with CSF, both have 5 to play and I'm 5 ahead. I think it'll come down to my Hazard and Adebayor against Di Maria and Pelle.

You're still a strong favourite no doubt

You're still a strong favourite no doubt

5 isn't much of a lead when we have 4 different players each, a clean sheet for Courtois or a goal from Di Maria would change it in an instant.
    Good luck anyway yeah right

5 isn't much of a lead when we have 4 different players each, a clean sheet for Courtois or a goal from Di Maria would change it in an instant.
    Good luck anyway yeah right

You too buddy

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,205 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

irish son wrote: »
    Yep, it came down to the choice of captains and your Siggy beat my Aguero, I'm having a terrible start but if Costa blanks tomorrow I'll have had a good week I think.

Lloris on course to get a bp which woukd level it up, making it 2 draws in a row for me :eek:

Looks like he gets 2 now, defeat snatched form the jaws of victory :(

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

I think I've won my clash with CSF unless Caulker does something really stupid.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

After being top after 2 gws Ive now had 5 defeats on the bounce. Congrats iroced.

I think I've won my clash with CSF unless Caulker does something really stupid.

Really bad luck CSF, you beat me by one but your four point hit gives me the tie. If Courtois stayed on I assume Chelsea would have still had a clean sheet and you would have won that way also. The Gods were smiling on old Swiper this week.
    Apologies.

Really bad luck CSF, you beat me by one but your four point hit gives me the tie. If Courtois stayed on I assume Chelsea would have still had a clean sheet and you would have won that way also. The Gods were smiling on old Swiper this week.
    Apologies.
    Well done man, I blame the Chelsea physio ;)

• Advertisement

After being top after 2 gws Ive now had 5 defeats on the bounce. Congrats iroced.

Sterling doing marginally better than Silva and more importantly Chelsea CS associated with Southampton failure did it for me ;).

Advertisement