Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FSA Premier League Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

This week its a case of facing a former mentor, its a Jose v Van Gal moment perhaps.....FHFC v Lemlin. :p

His record in the game speaks for itself, and his wisdom and experience were an important influence on the wide eyed rookie FHFC of last season.

But all that will all count for nothing this weekend, there is no room for sentiment in the FSA Premier. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,745 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

FHFC wrote: »
    This week its a case of facing a former mentor, its a Jose v Van Gal moment perhaps.....FHFC v Lemlin. :p

His record in the game speaks for itself, and his wisdom and experience were an important influence on the wide eyed rookie FHFC of last season.

But all that will all count for nothing this weekend, there is no room for sentiment in the FSA Premier. :pac:

Careful now or you'll make Lemlin's number 1 fan jealous (who was that again?):pac:

That's iroced so that I'm facing next week. I'm also on 18 points FHFC, it's very early but it's nice to be right in the mix at this stage.

Careful now or you'll make Lemlin's number 1 fan jealous (who was that again?):pac:

That's iroced so that I'm facing next week. I'm also on 18 points FHFC, it's very early but it's nice to be right in the mix at this stage.

Ssshhh, just trying to make Lemlin complacent, and make it easier to swallow the unmerciful beating I'm about to administer! :D

As for the league table, I'll be happy once I'm safe from the drop.

Ssshhh, just trying to make Lemlin complacent, and make it easier to swallow the unmerciful beating I'm about to administer! :D

As for the league table, I'll be happy once I'm safe from the drop.

I lost my first three games, at that stage I would have settled for 17th, six wins from the last seven though has changed my aims, I'll settle for nothing less than having it in my sig next year, FSA Premier League Champion. Maybe then Big Borg (for I believe it is he that so respects Lemlin's views) will take me seriously;)

I lost my first three games, at that stage I would have settled for 17th, six wins from the last seven though has changed my aims, I'll settle for nothing less than having it in my sig next year, FSA Premier League Champion. Maybe then Big Borg (for I believe it is he that so respects Lemlin's views) will take me seriously;)

I think it was Arnold Tanzanarian that was head of the fan club... ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Last week I told the lads to come back with blood stained jerseys. This week I have told them to rip the heads off their opponents and **** down their necks Duke Nukem-style.

Now how's that for "sentiment".

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭sneachtafear

The ego has landed!!

Lemlin wrote: »
    Last week I told the lads to come back with blood stained jerseys. This week I have told them to rip the heads off their opponents and **** down their necks Duke Nukem-style.

Now how's that for "sentiment".

Did I mention that my big centre forward had a hamstring twinge, dysentery and an ingrowing toenail on his left big toe. All picked up on international duty. There is a little chance he will play but I think it would be as well to just give you the points........

Did I mention that my big centre forward had a hamstring twinge, dysentery and an ingrowing toenail on his left big toe. All picked up on international duty. There is a little chance he will play but I think it would be as well to just give you the points........

One previous season where you had a decent finish.....

A bit early to be comparing yourself to Mourinho son. I'd say you're more of a Brendan Rodgers!

One previous season where you had a decent finish.....

A bit early to be comparing yourself to Mourinho son. I'd say you're more of a Brendan Rodgers!

Lol. I'll take that. Thankfully this season is going a bit better for me than for BR.

Maybe I'm Southampton. Time to prove I can consistently compete at this level and maybe even challenge for a top four spot in the PL. :)

• Advertisement

Btw, the Jose thing wasn't a reference to my managerial prowess, just looking for a play on the fact that a poster who was part my FSA schooling last year is now in the cross hairs in the top flight of FPL H2H.

Just in case yis think I really have got incredibly big headed after a wet week in FPL! :)

Btw, the Jose thing wasn't a reference to my managerial prowess, just looking for a play on the fact that a poster who was part my FSA schooling last year is now in the cross hairs in the top flight of FPL H2H.

Just in case yis think I really have got incredibly big headed after a wet week in FPL! :)

I think my Alex Ferguson to your Carlos Queiroz would be more apt!

I think my Alex Ferguson to your Carlos Queiroz would be more apt!

Ooooooh. Now you are really getting my lads in the mood! :)

Ooooooh. Now you are really getting my lads in the mood! :)

Don't kid yourself, your lads are already in the mood. This is their FA Cup final, the Commandos are Chelsea and your lads are Shrewsbury Town!

Don't kid yourself, your lads are already in the mood. This is their FA Cup final, the Commandos are Chelsea and your lads are Shrewsbury Town!

Not what the league table says old timer!

Maybe the Fergie example is apt, presiding over the decline of a once great institution and still in denial about it. ;)

Not what the league table says old timer!

Maybe the Fergie example is apt, presiding over the decline of a once great institution and still in denial about it. ;)

Oh you've made an age old mistake son so I'll tell you what I had to tell the other young upstarts...

This is a marathon, not a sprint. To put it bluntly, where you are after 10 GWs matters **** all, it's where you are after 38.

And on that score, there's a gap of 7000 between the Commandos and your Shrewsbury Town lads!

And bear in mind, last season I finished 7k places above you and I'm 170k places better off overall at this stage than I was last year!

Oh you've made an age old mistake son so I'll tell you what I had to tell the other young upstarts...

This is a marathon, not a sprint. To put it bluntly, where you are after 10 GWs matters **** all, it's where you are after 38.

And on that score, there's a gap of 7000 between the Commandos and your Shrewsbury Town lads!

And bear in mind, last season I finished 7k places above you and I'm 170k places better off overall at this stage than I was last year!

As Fergie and Man U know, history means nowt.. The FSA Premier is the only league table that matters in this thread. As the form side coming into this fixture my lads fear nothing against the creaking Commandos.

As Fergie and Man U know, history means nowt.. The FSA Premier is the only league table that matters in this thread. As the form side coming into this fixture my lads fear nothing against the creaking Commandos.

And where people are in it come week 38 is what matters!

I heard rumours a few of your lads are already feigning injury. The Commandos are a daunting prospect.

And where people are in it come week 38 is what matters!

I heard rumours a few of your lads are already feigning injury. The Commandos are a daunting prospect.

Pah. Where United were at week 38 in 2013 didn't help them much in'14!!

My lads don't worry about history, all we focus on is the next game. All that matters this week is the 3 points that are at stake. And as even an upstart Fpl manager knows its form over fixtures.

Oh, and are those rumours or mind games? :D

Sledging ehh, that's what I like to see:cool:

I'm playing that garlic muncher iroced this week, payback time for Thierry Henry. I fart in your general direction. Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries.......... and your team is shít

• Advertisement

I'm playing that garlic muncher iroced this week, payback time for Thierry Henry. I fart in your general direction. Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries.......... and your team is shít

Tis what this thread should be about.

Enough of the nicey nicey "oooohh, if you get a clean sheet from Clyne you'll win, fair play to ya" shyte.

Jackboots time baby! :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

You don't frighten me, Irish pig-dogs! Go and boil your bottoms, son of a silly person! I blow my nose at you S-w-w-w-w-w-w-iper t-t-t-t-t-the f-f-f-f-f-fox.

I see you've made no transfers while I've taken a 4 pts hit. What is it? You play safe now? Ah OK... you don't have the nerves for a hit, do ya? So you've a 4 pts lead and you're already pissing your pants. Oh how I can understand that ! Hmm... Irish 4 pts lead over French rings such a nice kicky bell to me :D.

Remember?

Yeah, I even have the cheek to make you endure the BBC comments :pac:...

Tis what this thread should be about.

Enough of the nicey nicey "oooohh, if you get a clean sheet from Clyne you'll win, fair play to ya" shyte.

Jackboots time baby! :D:D

Don't know what you're getting excited about, you'll probably prematurely ejaculate like poor Jim in American Pie.

You'll be getting your arse handed to ya this weekend,

• Registered Users Posts: 42,080 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

This thread has turned into a slanging battle royal haha love it. :D

Good comeback from iroced, easy to be tough on Thursday night. If history has taught me anything it's that the cheese eating surrender monkey will have the white flag raised at around 4.15 on Saturday afternoon begging me to go easy on his boys and offering intelligence on Lemlin and FHFC.:p

Don't know what you're getting excited about, you'll probably prematurely ejaculate like poor Jim in American Pie.

You'll be getting your arse handed to ya this weekend,

At least I can still get it up old man......

Will try to let you keep some dignity this weekend out of respect for your history and all. But history always was a bit of a boring subject.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭Sooner or Later

Up against Zarquon next.

In the spirit of the thread I will just say :

Do you sass that hoopy Zarquon? What the zarking fardwarks does he know about football? There's a frood who doesn't know where his towel is!

(Which most people won't understand but someone with a username like Zarquon should get)

At least I can still get it up old man......

Will try to let you keep some dignity this weekend out of respect for your history and all. But history always was a bit of a boring subject.

Who you calling old? At 30 I'm well below the peak forum age of 37!

Like I said, winning this cup is you and your lads FA Cup Final - remember that week we beat the Commandos....

We've our sights on bigger targets than the Shrewsbury Town of FSA!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

Good comeback from iroced, easy to be tough on Thursday night. If history has taught me anything it's that the cheese eating surrender monkey will have the white flag raised at around 4.15 on Saturday afternoon begging me to go easy on his boys and offering intelligence on Lemlin and FHFC.:p

I never got why the cheese eating was supposed to be abusive in that expression (*), especially from a country which uses to eat plastic cheese in their (fake) hamburgers :rolleyes: :pac:...

I see you're expecting my capitulation on Saturday... This manoeuvre must really show your lack of confidence in your team considering we'll only be 60% into the GW :pac:.

---

(*) About history and this expression. The origin of this expression is based on a selective memory lie (nothing surprising knowing where it came from) which shall fill their authors with shame. A case of the mote and the beam really, which is beyond ironical considering their national motto.
    Now just to be perfectly clear and understood, I don't want to turn this banter into politics and I know it is used as a joke here but it could be a very sensitive subject in France (especially nowadays, unfortunately) and not only you'd be sent to court for saying that in France but as I said it's based on "dangerous" deliberately selective info.

• Advertisement

Who you calling old? At 30 I'm well below the peak forum age of 37!

Like I said, winning this cup is you and your lads FA Cup Final - remember that week we beat the Commandos....

We've our sights on bigger targets than the Shrewsbury Town of FSA!

Never mind the real world here. I'm talking your FPL age, you were the one who compared yourself to Fergie. Great record of success, once, but of a different generation, a relic.

You're kinda like a Nokia 6210. Great phone in its day, but of a different era, and you can't buy them any more. I might be 7 years older in human years but Friends in Loew Places are the Samsung S4, new, fresh, cutting edge.

This could go on forever! Roll on the weekend...... :)

Advertisement