Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FSA Premier League Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Look to be safe alright - 32 for you with Chambers and Duff left

46 for me with Pieters left

Chambers 1 pointer will be vital I'm sure. Duff for a hat trick!!

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭Jeju

I think my Erzgebirge Scrooge can relax ahead of tomorrows game, 47 - 41 ahead with my Col for Newcastle to play tomorrow.
    The headlines of the day belong to the opposite ends of the table, The Bottlers have lost for the first time this season and elsewhere GillespieRoad will be kicking themselves for not taking advantage as they look to be soundly beaten by 19th placed Los Pollos Hermanos, meanwhile Leads the Way have also their first points in the bag.
    Where do I go from here.
    First and foremost Rooney is gone, for good.
    There is no place in the modern game for that kind of tackel, and with kids looking up to him week in week out, I have to opt for a safer option elsewhere.
    If this was an interview the question might be "Is that not a bit harsh?" and my reply would have to be
    "Although John Terry was FF gold at the time he was messing around missus Bridge, there was, me being a family man, but no option to drop him, and not just for that season, but every season.
    It may have cost me a good finish as things just spiraled downwards from there but I stand by my morals".

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

I'm 11 pts up with all my players played. Wisdom and Begovic to go for never captain cleverly. Would be unlucky to lose this one.

I'm going to lose this one . Begovic clean sheet and I'm done

Boots234 wrote: »
    It's going to be very close, a clean sheet from either of them and you have it

Nothing from Heaton, so down to whether Wilson can pick up points.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,745 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

After a terrible start I will be on 9 points unless Pieters can amass 17 points tomorrow. That'll only be three points off second place:P

I have no research done but I'd say you wouldn't even need a 70% win rate to win this league, what is the normal % of victories to win a competitive H2H?

• Advertisement

After a terrible start I will be on 9 points unless Pieters can amass 17 points tomorrow. That'll only be three points off second place:P

I have no research done but I'd say you wouldn't even need a 70% win rate to win this league, what is the normal % of victories to win a competitive H2H?

And a 35% win rate at least to stay up

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

6 pts ahead of the unbeaten leader. Just need Pieters to annihilate Bardsley and Krul not to get negative points (but hopefully he'll get loads).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,161 ✭✭✭Dearg81

I'm going to lose this one . Begovic clean sheet and I'm done

Good old Wisdom teeth played his part anyway, you're still favorite but relying on Newcastle is never a good thing.

Meanwhile in El Classico Lemlin currently leads by 8

Are they both banned from posting?

Dearg81 wrote: »
    Good old Wisdom teeth played his part anyway, you're still favorite but relying on Newcastle is never a good thing.

You have some great overall rankings over the years was glad to see you took an 8 pt hit this week aswell. It's 50 50 at this stage for the 3 pts.

• Advertisement

You have some great overall rankings over the years was glad to see you took an 8 pt hit this week aswell. It's 50 50 at this stage for the 3 pts.

Yea I play a more riskier game than most round here. I usually take a lot of hits in the first couple months to try and build up a strong team value so I'm always a slow starter. I'm lucky to have a few wins in this league but expecting to push on now.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,212 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Myself and dathijjj look set to play out the first draw of the league. We're both deadlocked on 44 with no players left to play. I needed Duff to score even a single point to clinch victory :(

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users Posts: 32,984 ✭✭✭✭CSF

A victory against last years points winner (it was him right?) on his wildcard week. Wins don't come much bigger than that!!! Thank you Bertrand/3 other players keeping a clean sheet

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭GillespieRoad

CSF wrote: »
    A victory against last years points winner (it was him right?) on his wildcard week. Wins don't come much bigger than that!!! Thank you Bertrand/3 other players keeping a clean sheet

Second week running where I have lost due to an unfavorable tie- although this week its not as bad. I'm desperate to get back to winning ways soon!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

Myself and dathijjj look set to play out the first draw of the league. We're both deadlocked on 44 with no players left to play. I needed Duff to score even a single point to clinch victory :(

I was sure you had me, was on hols and saw nothing since Saturday. Head to head can be a bit of a lottery, its not my focus, nor never has been but it keeps things interesting week to week.

It was me, dont take these tiny tiny victories away from me :pac:

Passed Gillespie Road in the final week. I had a blistering run from January.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭Sooner or Later

Dearg81 wrote: »
    Are they both banned from posting?

Unfortunately yes.

For those interested it's 48 - 35 to Lemlin

Lemlin has Krul left

Rory has Pieters and Wilson left, with PVA to come off the bench if Pieters does not play

daithijjj wrote: »
    It was me, dont take these tiny tiny victories away from me :pac:

Passed Gillespie Road in the final week. I had a blistering run from January.
    Have I played you yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭Boots234

Dónal wrote: »
    Nothing from Heaton, so down to whether Wilson can pick up points.

Looks like it's going to be a draw unless Wilson picks up a bonus point

Have I played you yet?

GW 10 showdown.

• Advertisement

I'm 11 pts up with all my players played. Wisdom and Begovic to go for never captain cleverly. Would be unlucky to lose this one.
    Managed to lose it. Sums up how things have been going for me.

Looks like a draw for me too

Wilson is down for a bonus point

• Registered Users Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭Boots234

You have it, well done. You have a very solid team

Wilson is down for a bonus point

Confirmed now! Snatched it at the end. Hard luck boots

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

Beat the leader this week :cool:. I'm up against busts next. If I were you I'd take another 8 pointer :pac:.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭Sooner or Later

Up to third now, very happy with that. Four wins out of six and my two defeats were narrow ones.

Next week it's a clash with league leaders The Bottlers

iroced wrote: »
    Beat the leader this week :cool:. I'm up against busts next. If I were you I'd take another 8 pointer :pac:.

My season starts this week I'm finally happy enough with my team.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Princess13

Unfortunately yes.

For those interested it's 48 - 35 to Lemlin

Lemlin has Krul left

Rory has Pieters and Wilson left, with PVA to come off the bench if Pieters does not play

Who won?

• Advertisement

Princess13 wrote: »
    Who won?
    By my count Krul's points would have been the difference for Lemlin.

Are the guys banned at the minute? Don't be getting permabanned lads I need you for this next year (unless of course I'm in a relegation place and you're higher than I am;))!!!

Advertisement