Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FSA Premier League Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,745 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

CSF wrote: »
    I'm going bottom. This season has been a disaster thus far.

You're going below me?:eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Dropping down the table wildcard has killed me.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭CSF

You're going below me?:eek::eek:
    Bottom. Rock bottom.

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭GillespieRoad

A great Sunday has allowed me to rise above Science Nerd and maintain the winning streak. I should head into the clash next week against FHFC top of the table and preparing for this might local derby! It might come to a showdown on the hallowed turf of Finn Park- laptops at the ready!

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭Jeju

Went into Sundays game 27 points adrift lastnight was 3 points ahead.
    Tonight its all about Hull.
    Chester is the only man Leedsthewau have but I have a Robbie Brady warming the bench.
    If the Hammers score, we could be looking at a draw, but Chester is a big game player and just the man who could ignite Leedstheways league.
    Me, after dropping Costa for Rooney as Captain will have to take it on the chin; but this game is all about margins and if Rooney had connected with his scuffed shot; or Mata stayed on the pitch a few minutes longer then I could be planning for next week.
    The lads are delighted with the start and being a tightly knitted bunch all stand together with my decisions; some weeks they work and you are a genius other weeks they dont and the papers want your head.
    But leaving the house the wife said; Jeju please beat the team Leedstheway, and stop thinking about winning the League.

• Advertisement

Yesssss.( Plays invisible drum kit )
    Thank you Big Steve and a resurgent Dawson.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Bottom. Rock bottom.

Leedstheway has spared you! Some consolation..... Not really.

CSF, you haven't gone bottom but thanks to you I've climbed from 19th to 18th despite an unmerciful thrashing from Lemlin. Nothing but red arrows except for this league.

Lads, I can't promise you that the rules for relegation won't change as the season goes on...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭zarquon

Lads, I can't promise you that the rules for relegation won't change as the season goes on...

A playoff for the bottom sixteen teams? ;)

• Advertisement

zarquon wrote: »
    A playoff for the bottom sixteen teams? ;)
    No, you see, as per World Cup and European Championships and other such prestigious events, the Holder (whoever wins the last one) and the Host (well I guess thats me ;)) qualify automatically.

I learnt from the best

blatter_1842847c.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

any chance of some confirmation of rules in the near future there Sepp junior? :pac:

.............or is this gig gonna turn into a last goal wins job?

daithijjj wrote: »
    any chance of some confirmation of rules in the near future there Sepp junior? :pac:

.............or is this gig gonna turn into a last goal wins job?
    It was all confirmed at the start?

It was all confirmed at the start?

It appears i misinterpreted your post just above to be serious rather than jovial having read it back, dont mind me, everyone carry on about your business.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭Sooner or Later

Once more into the breach dear friends...

Up against daithijjj this week

Have taken a four point hit so will be up against it

I'm up against boots234, we have vastly different teams but seem to be both starting from zero. Once again here's another one I really need to win.
    Good luck all who are in our privileged Premier League position (disregard the fact that the other leagues are probably blowing us out of the water:pac:)

Its 4th vs 8th for me against Lemlins Cavancommandos.
    I had to look at this in an odd way with the way the fixtures are and dont expect alot of goals so I am preparing my team for 3 games hoping to pick up 2 wins from 3 so it might make Lemlins task easier.

Thought 25 from 6 with captain to play was a decent start , so smugly clicked on Gillespie Road to see how the match was going.....

Welbeck, Caulker, Clyne, Duff......39 from 6 so far with captain Rooney to come. You're nothin but a bollox Gillespie, a bollox..... :(

11 ahead after todays fixtures but I only have Di Maria, Fabregas, Costa (c) and Aguero left

Daithijjj has Di Maria, Fabregas, and Costa plus Rooney (c) Naismith and Ivanovic

So I need Aguero plus Costa plus 11 > Rooney (c) Naismith and Ivanovic

It's going to be close!

11 ahead after todays fixtures but I only have Di Maria, Fabregas, Costa (c) and Aguero left

Daithijjj has Di Maria, Fabregas, and Costa plus Rooney (c) Naismith and Ivanovic

So I need Aguero plus Costa plus 11 > Rooney (c) Naismith and Ivanovic

It's going to be close!

I knew my fate this weekend was on the edge from the start, keeping Krul and banking the xfer.

Felt the bank was the safer option overall with effectively a minefield midweek for injuries.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭GillespieRoad

FHFC wrote: »
    Thought 25 from 6 with captain to play was a decent start , so smugly clicked on Gillespie Road to see how the match was going.....

Welbeck, Caulker, Clyne, Duff......39 from 6 so far with captain Rooney to come. You're nothin but a bollox Gillespie, a bollox..... :(

I've been quite lucky so far this season seing as I only have time to consider making transfers on a Friday evening ( why i unfortunately am not as active here as Id like to be). You're doing quite well- it all hinges on Di Marias performance tomorrow to decide the tie in my opinion.

I've quite a healthy lead against boots234 going into todays games. His captain choice of Naismith against my Adebayor seems to me the most likely way of him clawing it back. Hopefully i'll be out of the bottom three by the end of the day

I've been quite lucky so far this season seing as I only have time to consider making transfers on a Friday evening ( why i unfortunately am not as active here as Id like to be). You're doing quite well- it all hinges on Di Marias performance tomorrow to decide the tie in my opinion.

Yeah, Sterling brought me back into it. Di Maria and Rooney v Ade Captain performance will decide it.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

4 pts down against Rory c.its my Ade capt rooney and silva against his rooney capt costa and ddg.

daithijjj wrote: »
    I knew my fate this weekend was on the edge from the start, keeping Krul and banking the xfer.

Felt the bank was the safer option overall with effectively a minefield midweek for injuries.

Yeah, it's easy to get distracted from the bigger picture by this competition. Fun and all as it is, finishing as high as possible in the main competition has to be the main focus. I knew taking a four point hit against a high flying opponent meant risking it costing me this week's tie but it strengthens my team long term in the overall competition.

Will still be gutted if I lose by four points or less though :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,159 ✭✭✭Dearg81

I've quite a healthy lead against boots234 going into todays games. His captain choice of Naismith against my Adebayor seems to me the most likely way of him clawing it back. Hopefully i'll be out of the bottom three by the end of the day

Haha Swiper vs Boots, you deserve to be out of the bottom 3 for resisting the urge to post another Dora pun.

Dearg81 wrote: »
    Haha Swiper vs Boots, you deserve to be out of the bottom 3 for resisting the urge to post another Dora pun.

Well spotted, hadn't actually noticed that:pac:

Scarily enough Swiper often has the upper hand but Boots always wins in the end:(

Wow. 50 all after all that. Both have costa but I also gave fab so favourite to sneak it at this stage despite my 2 point captain.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,203 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Looks likes I'm safe to collect my second victory, against Leeds the way. Need to start picking up points against team who aren't bottom of the table :o

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Advertisement

Naismith booking leaves our head to head dead level right now....

2 players booked for me in 60 seconds....saweet lol

Advertisement