Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FSA Premier League Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

Safety confirmed, even though I lost the final game. Only bright spot in a terrible season.

Commiserations Iago, was a tough battle down the bottom. Good luck with your promotion push next season.

It's going to be damn tough that's for sure. A season of too many mistakes and missed opportunities.

This last GW epitomized it with playing Mig over Heaton and selling Kane for Cisse. On paper two reasonable decisions, but neither worked out. Had I just done one or the other I would have gotten away with it and avoided relegation, but the league table doesn't lie.

I'll have a better year next year, whether it'll be enough or not remains to be seen :D

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

A win over the champ Zarquon today sees me finish 12th. That'll do. Was looking risky a few weeks back.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭thunderdog

A win should see me finishing 6th. Very much over achieving given I have the 15th highest score in the league

I must admit, given the average season I had, this league kept my interest going as i wanted to stay in it for next season!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,858 ✭✭✭✭CSF

13th for me. Not entirely unhappy with that given the calibre of player in this league.

Congrats to the lads who stayed up and commiserations to Iago. Awful to lose out on one decision but hopefully you can bounce back at the first attempt.

Hope everyone sticks around for next year's league. I've enjoyed this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Dammit,the final day defeat to Roryc sees lemlin and CSF leapfrog me and leaves me 14th overall. See you all net year.

• Advertisement

So, after an eventful first year, the following 20 people have qualified for the FSA Premier League 15/16

Zarquon
    Swiper The Fox
    Iroced
    Roryc
    GillespieRoad
    Thunderdog
    Boots234
    Donal
    Irish Son
    Dearg81
    Iused2likebusts
    Lemlin
    CSF
    FHFC
    Sooner Or Later
    Daithijjj
    ScienceNerd
    Bo-sco
    Skippy15
    Tom_K

The order of next in line:
    KevIRL
    Iago
    Who 8 Paul?
    Ronanh
    Local Chap
    Jeju

The same process will follow as last year in terms of signup. I'll send you a PM in the few days after the website goes up for the new season and you'll have until midnight July 31st to signup. August 1st-8th will be spent filling up any attrition so no late applications will be entertained.

Last year, because it was the first year, I did that extra bit of admin to help people get used to it (not everyone understood their team ID etc). This year I'll have to be a bit stricter instead of spending so much time collating people's details they didn't include, or PMing people to let them know they have to signup in thread too.

To be clear everyone has to signup both in thread (including their teamname and team ID. This MUST be included) and forum. Sign up early to avoid any catastrophes on the final night of the application. I don't wanna have to be a dick an refuse people.

Obviously, this year was the acid test, so if anyone didn't really find themselves to have an interest this year and isn't bothered taking part next year or would prefer to save the spots for leagues with big prizes, can you let me know early and I can pass those places onto the next in line? Its no problem and some people were always going to take to the idea more than others.

Lastly, we had 1 or 2 prizes (due to the highly impressive work of finnharpsboy), and if anyone has any ability to arrange any this year, that would be incredibly appreciated. The only thing I'd insist on is that the size of each league's prizepool is proportionate to the hierarchy of the league. Ie. The prizepool for the Premier League has to be higher than the Championship, and so on and so on, because otherwise the hierarchy doesn't work then and its just 4 random leagues.

Thanks for taking the time to read and I'll post further updates if I suddenly realise at 4 in the morning that I forgot something super important, any feedback is as always more than welcome,

CSF

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,203 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Stellar work once again CSF. Looking forward to next year, and maybe a slightly better finish :D

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

I was bored and decided to put together a table of how things would have panned out if we had done a normal league, instead of H2H. The below table is the league sorted by total points

38b597451022798ee290929914d62c2e.png

So the big winners of the H2H system were:

Zarquon: would have finished 7th instead of 1st had we done a standard league
    GillespieRoad & Thunderdog: would have placed 9 positions lower
    Myself: would have been relegated!

The big losers of the H2H system were:

Swiper: would have won the league
    Iused2likebusts & FHFC: would have finished 8 places higher in a regular league
    ronan.h: would have escaped relegation

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

CSF, where are the Champions League groups (for which I qualified for) that you of course must have collected with the Fantasy Football FSA-like leagues you of course have made in Spain, Italy, Germany, France, Portugal, etc... :P :pac:?

iroced wrote: »
    CSF, where are the Champions League groups (for which I qualified for) that you of course must have collected with the Fantasy Football FSA-like leagues you of course have made in Spain, Italy, Germany, France, Portugal, etc... :P :pac:?
    Who draws Champions League groups in May ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,745 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

Rumour that the Gibraltar representatives in the champions league are to be dark horses, some gambling oligarch there will stop at nothing in his quest for FPL domination

Amended FSA Premier League for next yaer

Zarquon
    Swiper The Fox
    Iroced
    GillespieRoad
    Thunderdog
    Boots234
    Donal
    Irish Son
    Dearg81
    Iused2likebusts
    Lemlin
    CSF
    FHFC
    Sooner Or Later
    Daithijjj
    ScienceNerd
    Bo-sco
    Skippy15
    Tom_K
    KevIRL

The order of next in line:
    Iago
    Who 8 Paul?
    Ronanh
    Local Chap
    Jeju

• Registered Users Posts: 39,498 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Woot

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

KevIRL wrote: »
    Woot

From now on I'm calling you Denmark.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Lemlin wrote: »
    From now on I'm calling you Denmark.

Benefited from the outbreak of a conflict......

FHFC wrote: »
    Benefited from the outbreak of a conflict......

Hahahaha jesus

KevIRL wrote: »
    Woot

Robbery...that is all :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

Giving my spot up for next year to the next in line, good luck.

daithijjj wrote: »
    Giving my spot up for next year to the next in line, good luck.

Thanks for letting us know early. Iago I'll be in touch soon, and the same will apply to the next in line for each other league.

Woohoo!!!

xaadrn70tsvmyv0yf2xf.png

I mean, that's terrible but I will of course step up and do you honor through my performances this year etc etc :D

• Advertisement

Iago just got his bump up PM there. 14 signed up already plus him will make 15. Still waiting for 5 others to sign up. Who 8 Paul? is the next in line for if any further attrition occurs.

No late drama from me this year :p!

I'm in with an 11 days margin :pac:...

69 of the 80 places have been taken in the 4 leagues so far with a week to go. However, some of these have been guys who have joined the league on the site, but haven't signed up in thread with your ID to make the admin possible when the times come around. Thanks to F1ngers for thanking the valid entries and PMing me details because its saved me a tonne of admin work.

Please people, do not assume that I'm gonna just assume I'll know who you are, or that you were in it last year so its grand. It won't be grand. People who haven't followed the instructions are going to actually be removed from the league on July 31st so make sure your entry is valid before that time, because it won't matter how many PMs I get from you after that time, so make sure you're not that guy and save both of us the hassle of an argument when the time comes around.

Just waiting on bo-sco now.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,250 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Two and a half days to closure of sign up.

CSF wrote: »
    Just waiting on bo-sco now.
    F1ngers wrote: »
    Two and a half days to closure of sign up.

Last year I was fully embracing bo-sco tragic fate... Hope, like me, he doesn't end up like Henry Hamilton-Smythe Junior and his musical box :P (Genesis fans tribute :cool:).

But the clock, tick-tock,
    On the mantlepiece -
    And I want, and I feel, and I know, and I touch,
    HER WARMTH!

iroced wrote: »
    Last year I was fully embracing bo-sco tragic fate... Hope, like me, he doesn't end up like Henry Hamilton-Smythe Junior and his musical box :P (Genesis fans tribute :cool:).

But the clock, tick-tock,
    On the mantlepiece -
    And I want, and I feel, and I know, and I touch,
    HER WARMTH!

Guessing he ain't signing up. Considering he got promoted by winning the Championship that doesn't make sense to me.

CSF wrote: »
    Guessing he ain't signing up. Considering he got promoted by winning the Championship that doesn't make sense to me.

Deadline is midnight tonight is it?

Deadline is midnight tonight is it?

Yup

• Advertisement

Maybe he's waiting for the most dramatic of entrances :pac:

Advertisement