Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FSA Premier League Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Thought I was up against Busts this week but just looking and its 3rd v 2nd and up against irish son.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

FHFC wrote: »
    Thought I was up against Busts this week but just looking and its 3rd v 2nd and up against irish son.

Im waiting in the long grass to take you down a peg or two:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 33,045 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Bottom 4 go head to head this week, in a double bill of epic proportions. I'm against bottom of the league this week, but when you consider he has a higher points score than 2nd in the league, bad luck has to have played a factor somewhere in his standing.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,746 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

Lemlin wrote: »
    I think you're more the messiah these days. Finished ahead of me last season and ahead this season again.

I hadn't looked at the fixtures but after 3 games without a win I was hoping for an easy game.

If only the Commandos could play Swiper every week ;)

When I'm whipping my boys into shape every Tuesday and Thursday night below in the field it's all we talk about, "we'll be ready for week 23 lads, the rest are just national league matches, that's our championship"

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,213 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

CSF wrote: »
    Bottom 4 go head to head this week, in a double bill of epic proportions. I'm against bottom of the league this week, but when you consider he has a higher points score than 2nd in the league, bad luck has to have played a factor somewhere in his standing.

I badly, badly need a win against Game of Throw-Ins, starting to lose touch with safety.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Advertisement

Im waiting in the long grass to take you down a peg or two:pac:

The lads will be pumped for that one. Revenge for '99 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

When I'm whipping my boys into shape every Tuesday and Thursday night below in the field it's all we talk about, "we'll be ready for week 23 lads, the rest are just national league matches, that's our championship"

You should prove your faith in your own opinion that week and captain Townsend ;)

You should prove your faith in your own opinion that week and captain Townsend ;)

I'm operating on the old "even a stopped clock tells the right time twice a day" adage with Andros. When he does have his double digit day I'm gonna make some hay on here:p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,162 ✭✭✭Dearg81

This is a tough league, was happy enough with 73(-8) until i realized it was only the 17th best score here. Feck the lot of you! :mad:

I'm operating on the old "even a stopped clock tells the right time twice a day" adage with Andros. When he does have his double digit day I'm gonna make some hay on here:p

When I said to captain Townsend, I meant Andy. He of the tactics van. There's more chance of him returning to the game from retirement and having a double digit week than that sad excuse for a player and Spurs reject!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭Sooner or Later

Gameweek 12 begins.

Two consecutive defeats and I don't want to make it three in a row.

What we need Baldric is an opponent who is completely and utterly useless. A man who's level of footballing knowledge is lower than a pygmy's ankles in the final of a limbo dancing competition. A man so clueless that he thinks that Messi was one of the seven dwarfs and that Van Persie is a character from Thomas the Tank Engine. A man who hears Costa and thinks of coffee, who hears Muller and thinks of yoghurt and who thinks that Pellegrini is a trendy but overpriced brand of mineral water. Someone who has a really weird username like Ipreviouslyenjoyedbreasts.

If only there was such a man ...

Gameweek 12 begins.

What we need Baldric is an opponent who is completely and utterly useless. A man who's level of footballing knowledge is lower than a pygmy's ankles in the final of a limbo dancing competition. A man so clueless that he thinks that Messi was one of the seven dwarfs and that Van Persie is a character from Thomas the Tank Engine. A man who hears Costa and thinks of coffee, who hears Muller and thinks of yoghurt and who thinks that Pellegrino is a trendy but overpriced brand of mineral water. Someone who has a really weird username like Ipreviouslyenjoyedbreasts.

Those lads are in League 2!

Brilliant:pac:

Gameweek 12 begins.

What we need Baldric is an opponent who is completely and utterly useless. A man who's level of footballing knowledge is lower than a pygmy's ankles in the final of a limbo dancing competition. A man so clueless that he thinks that Messi was one of the seven dwarfs and that Van Persie is a character from Thomas the Tank Engine. A man who hears Costa and thinks of coffee, who hears Muller and thinks of yoghurt and who thinks that Pellegrino is a trendy but overpriced brand of mineral water. Someone who has a really weird username like Ipreviouslyenjoyedbreasts.

Great post. I'm feeling that confident of a win this week I've decided to give you a 4 pt head start. Don't be fooled by my league table position Sooner or Later someone is going to get a hammering from me . This one is written in the stars. To clarify I am very fond of busts despite what my username may indicate.

Mwahahahaha League 2 peasants.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭Sooner or Later

It's advantage busts after round one. He leads 36(-4) to 29.

I have Guzan and Clyne left with Kaboul to come off the bench. He has Forster, Hutton and Pelle left. Our Villa/Southampton players cancel out so I need Kaboul > Pelle plus 3

Looks like I get my unwanted hat-trick after all.

If chadli doesn't play, it'll look like I've taken the three points off Monkey Business

37-33 advantage over idontknowwhatimdoing in our 3rd v 2nd clash. 3 Southampton left each. So its a tantalising Clyne (me) v Bertrand show down!

Gillespie Road is on 28 with Chadli, Pelle and Clyne left. I'm hoping Chadli doesn't play and he'll have Siggy sub in with two so he'll be on 30 with the two lads left.

I'm on 35 with Pelle and Forster to go. Therefore the tie could come down to my 5 point lead + Forster vs his Clyne.

I'm putting a few quid on Nathaniel scoring!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

Dónal wrote: »
    If chadli doesn't play, it'll look like I've taken the three points off Monkey Business

Sounds like you got it. Was gonna say well done but you're having a sh*te week so not sure the congratulations are deserved :P. Thing is I'm just doing sh*ter :pac: :rolleyes:...

Can't get a decision right this year. it worked last week thanks to the miraculously scored Baines peno but overall I just can't get my captain and transfers right.

• Advertisement

It's advantage busts after round one. He leads 36(-4) to 29.

I have Guzan and Clyne left with Kaboul to come off the bench. He has Forster, Hutton and Pelle left. Our Villa/Southampton players cancel out so I need Kaboul > Pelle plus 3

Looks like I get my unwanted hat-trick after all.

After bonus and point hits its 38 32 in my favour. My forster hutton and pelle up against your guzan clyne and kaboul. The odds are in my favour but ive lost from better situations than this a couple of times already.

I'm paying Jeju this week, he's having a nightmare of a year but is doing quite well in this league and quite well against me this week also. He's got a 5 point lead with Henderson, Davis and Vlaar as the only three players who can score points for him, all are doubtful.
    I've got Clyne, Pelle and Sterling to play. I assume I'd be a warm favourite but will probably need something from one of my guys. On paper this looked like a very easy game for me so I'd hate to lose it.

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭Jeju

I'm paying Jeju this week, he's having a nightmare of a year but is doing quite well in this league and quite well against me this week also. He's got a 5 point lead with Henderson, Davis and Vlaar as the only three players who can score points for him, all are doubtful.
    I've got Clyne, Pelle and Sterling to play. I assume I'd be a warm favourite but will probably need something from one of my guys. On paper this looked like a very easy game for me so I'd hate to lose it.
    Indeed I am gaving a mare of a season; complete with a media blackout and the threat of pulling the Christmas party.
    Every move Iv made this year has been a kick in the backside but Ill struggle on.
    It all depends in your two Saints lads giving a performance and Im screwed.
    I know how Pardrew felt a dew weeks ago, when I had 4 wins from 5 he had 1 from 5 and look at us now.

Right so my tie against Gillespie Road comes down to my 5 point lead + Forster against his Clyne.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

I've been having an incredible run of bad luck in this, right now it seems that I'm going to lose again this week with the 2nd highest score in the league (so far anyway) :(

The game is a cruel mistress

Iago wrote: »
    I've been having an incredible run of bad luck in this, right now it seems that I'm going to lose again this week with the 2nd highest score in the league (so far anyway) :(

It's a pity you didn't have a handy one like Lemlin this week:(:pac:

Jedinak kicked me hard in the feels.

It's a pity you didn't have a handy one like Lemlin this week:(:pac:

That's like Neil Warnock trying to throw stones at Jose Mourinho. You are aware I absolutely annihilated you in our fixture?

5 pt lead over sooner or later my Forster Hutton Pellè against Guzan and Clyne. Clyne goal is probably the only way I'm losing this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

Iago wrote: »

You still have a decent chance against me this week to be fair, only 2pts in it after autosubs with both of us having 2 different players left tonight.

Advertisement