Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FSA Premier League Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

5 pt lead over sooner or later my Forster Hutton Pellè against Guzan and Clyne. Clyne goal is probably the only way I'm losing this.

You couldn't make it up

• Registered Users Posts: 33,045 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Good lad Bertrand. I win.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Lemlin wrote: »
    Gillespie Road is on 28 with Chadli, Pelle and Clyne left. I'm hoping Chadli doesn't play and he'll have Siggy sub in with two so he'll be on 30 with the two lads left.

I'm on 35 with Pelle and Forster to go. Therefore the tie could come down to my 5 point lead + Forster vs his Clyne.

I'm putting a few quid on Nathaniel scoring!

I did say it two days ago!

I'm on 39 with Wisdom to sub in with 1. Gillespie is on 37 with Siggy's 2 and one bps for Clybe so looks like it'll be my second draw.

Clyne losing the bp gives me a 44 43 win. That yellow card was crucial.
    Lemlin you got the win aswell.

Yes!!! Are you serious? It's the small mercies.

• Advertisement

Ye that yellow card cost clyne 2 pts as it cost him 1bp. The only good thing about this gw.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,746 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

Keeps you in touch with us high flyers as well, that's nice for ya:pac:

Gameweek 23 isn't that far away, Evil Gus Parker puts Joe Schmidt in the ha,penny place when it comes to preparing for the big matches.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭Sooner or Later

Cursing that yellow card:(

Congrats on the win

Cursing that yellow card:(

Congrats on the win

Nice bit of luck for me in the end. I couldnt believe it when clyne scored.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

FHFC wrote: »
    37-33 advantage over idontknowwhatimdoing in our 3rd v 2nd clash. 3 Southampton left each. So its a tantalising Clyne (me) v Bertrand show down!

Have to feel sorry for Irish Son logging into his team and seeing Bertand assist and 2 bp, then looking at my team and seeing Clyne got the flipping goal!! :D

Good man, I think you've paved the way for me to go clear at the top.

• Advertisement

Getting tight at the middle / bottom. Four on 15 points fighting to keep out of that last relegation spot, but above them are plenty on 18.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

daithijjj wrote: »
    You still have a decent chance against me this week to be fair, only 2pts in it after autosubs with both of us having 2 different players left tonight.

1 point in the end :( 12 clear of the next highest score in the league this week.

That late Clyne goal did it for you, Guzan had me ahead up until that point.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,213 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

I hate this league :(

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

Its rare enough for a Finn Harps side to be top of a league table, so Harps first and second has to be a first!!!

Blue n White Army!!!!!!!

It's wide open, leaders on 66% win rate, only the bottom two look out of it. Best league in the world:D

The only consolation for dropping from 1st to 6th in three weeks is that I am still only three points off the lead.

Very tight at the top, six teams separated by three points

• Registered Users Posts: 33,045 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Just as a general enquiry, with about a third of the season gone, how are people finding the format?

CSF wrote: »
    Just as a general enquiry, with about a third of the season gone, how are people finding the format?

I like it. League is a nice side interest to have. For example, I had an abysmal week in the game itself but I still have a possitive in that I won my league game this week.

Also, the chance to dish out two regular thrashings to Swiper is good to have :D

Excellent. My first H2H experience.

Ideal in format with the 20 teams.
    Its a side interest but an engaging one, already looks set to be a longstanding fixture.
    Get to verbally abuse Lemlin without threat of a forum ban! :D

I like it. League is a nice side interest to have. For example, I had an abysmal week in the game itself but I still have a possitive in that I won my league game this week.

Also, the chance to dish out two regular thrashings to Swiper is good to have :D

Kiss me where the sun don't shine, the past was yours but the future's mine.;)

You're not Mourinho, you're Wenger. I'm not Warnock, I'm more like Klopp.

See you in week 23, in the meantime keep looking up the table, the old commandos are propping up a fair share of us.:pac:

• Advertisement

Kiss me where the sun don't shine, the past was yours but the future's mine.;)

You're not Mourinho, you're Wenger. I'm not Warnock, I'm more like Klopp.

See you in week 23, in the meantime keep looking up the table, the old commandos are propping up a fair share of us.:pac:

The Commandos don't start performing until the business end of the season. We only lift ourselves for big games like beating the top of the table this week.

I'm actually surprised the lads lifted themselves that week we annihilated your lot.

Have you ever seen the Godfather? The scene where James Caan gets mowed down with Tommy guns. That's what the Commandos did to your boys.

Enjoying it. The Champions league was good craic but petered out as teams were eliminated. With this format you are always involved, and even if you are not in with a shout of winning it outright you can still try to claim a big scalp and enjoy the banter.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

Iago wrote: »
    1 point in the end :( 12 clear of the next highest score in the league this week.

That late Clyne goal did it for you, Guzan had me ahead up until that point.

Them's the breaks in head to head, it would break your heart sometimes, i've been on the end of it the other way round. That Clyne yellow had me sweating, lost 3 pts because of it and Bertrand gained. You'll catch the other side of the break before seasons end.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

As being previously said, it's a nice aside bonus to the main game. It's also better than the European Comp' format since all teams get to play the 38 GWs and seeing how tight it still is we may all have something to play for until the end (anyway there's always the FSA pride :D).

Dónal wrote: »
    Getting tight at the middle / bottom. Four on 15 points fighting to keep out of that last relegation spot, but above them are plenty on 18.

Yeah real tight.

This week I shall mostly be keeping quiet. [/Jesse]

Up 44 41 in my game. Aguero C and forster for me against daithijs clyne and baines.
    Good to see my old mate FHFC has an ADM and Costa headache ahead of his cup final during the week.:pac:

Up 44 41 in my game. Aguero C and forster for me against daithijs clyne and baines.
    Good to see my old mate FHFC has an ADM and Costa headache ahead of his cup final during the week.:pac:

Your boys must be looking forward to playing against a top side, don't worry, we have plenty of strength and depth in the squad.

My good run had to end sometime, taken down by Zarquon 33-24 so far and no coming back. Think it was 5 on the trot till that.

Science nerd currently leads me by 36 to 31. We both have Aguero so it's Chadli(or Wanyama) and Alderweireld for him against Milner(there's a punt that's gone wrong for me:o) and Lukaku for me. I reckon a goal for Lukaku could be the winning of it for me.

There's a very good chance roryc could be top of this league after tonight, I see he's changed his team name:)

10 points ahead of Da Deise, both have Aguero and clyne but he has Kaboul still to play.

• Advertisement

Bottom of the table Leeds the away only needs six from Tadic and Baines to scupper the Commandos.

From beating top of the table last week to losing to bottom of the table this week, it's swings and roundabouts :D

Advertisement