Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LC Off Topic Thread (2015/16)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Consonata

Anyone know where I can get solutions for texts and tests 6? I'm doing algebra 1 revision questions and it's pissing me off that I can't get the same answer as BOK for a lot of em :o

Long day today...

Some teachers have a pdf with all the answers but I haven't a clue how they got them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭DublinArnie

Consonata wrote: »
    Some teachers have a pdf with all the answers but I haven't a clue how they got them

Starting to figure these out and getting the right answers.

I'll just suffer and do them the hard way :D.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

I don't think I have the PDF answers anymore but I may still have my copies. If it's a particular question, I may be able to help you out. PM me the question and book numbers there and I'll have a look when I get home.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,160 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Starting to figure these out and getting the right answers.

I'll just suffer and do them the hard way :D.

Always the better way - it will stand to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,232 ✭✭✭Bazinga_N

TheBiz wrote: »
    What do you mean base class? I know in junior years it was to split the year but in senior cycle is it not high/lower?
    Or base year just for subjects like LCVP etc?

Well in our school our base class is the class we have religion, career guidance, PE and what not with.

We had the same one from 1st to 3rd year based on a whether you picked Geography or History and then changed in TY so that we could make more friends with our year :rolleyes: and again in 5th Year based on our English classes and in 6th year it's changed based on some other subject we picked (biology in my case).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭hubluh

So quiet here -.-

• Registered Users Posts: 30 cxxlin

This year is so mentally & emotionally draining and it's only the first week. I don't know how I'm gonna get through this year hahaha

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,160 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

cxxlin wrote: »
    This year is so mentally & emotionally draining and it's only the first week. I don't know how I'm gonna get through this year hahaha

A lot of that is after the summer break. It will get better towards the end of the month and you get used to things.

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭Rachel98

So is anyone bothering to start studying yet or?

Rachel98 wrote: »
    So is anyone bothering to start studying yet or?

Im hopefully starting on Monday :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭lumosteph

I studied for 4 hours on my first day and I was like woo so motivated! But I haven't done a tap since

Managed to keep studying consistent throughout the week.

Doing small chunks everyday, but hopefully next week I'd have a rough study plan to follow.

Don't know how you guys are all tired already... :?

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭Rachel98

If any of ye do French, how are ye studying or planning to study 4 it? (My teacher is annoying and condescending) :(

We're still 'in-waiting' 6th years :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭emersyn

So starting from next week our Chemistry teacher is getting us to come into school on Saturday mornings because she says that we're not going to finish the course on time otherwise. Am I in the right to be extremely annoyed about this...? I haven't heard of any other schools having trouble finishing the course in the normal allocated class time.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 QuiteHumerus

emersyn wrote:
    So starting from next week our Chemistry teacher is getting us to come into school on Saturday mornings because she says that we're not going to finish the course on time otherwise. Am I in the right to be extremely annoyed about this...? I haven't heard of any other schools having trouble finishing the course in the normal allocated class time.

I'm really surprised about this because we seem to have a good bit of the course done and our teacher goes painfully slow. What have ye covered so far if you don't mind me asking? For us it's maths that we'll need to come in for extra classes for.

emersyn wrote: »

Wish teachers had the dedication and ambition yours has.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭Troxck

emersyn wrote: »

Right now you won't understand how good this is. Your teacher probably wants to get the course done early so you can revise closer to exams.

Your teacher doesn't have to do it, they're not getting paid for this, they're doing this on their own time and money. I had plenty of teachers who didn't want to see you once the 35 minute block over.

Take advantage of any extra effort made by the teachers. You won't realise how hard some teachers work (or don't work) until you leave school.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

Troxck wrote: »
    Right now you won't understand how good this is. Your teacher probably wants to get the course done early so you can revise closer to exams.

Your teacher doesn't have to do it, they're not getting paid for this, they're doing this on their own time and money. I had plenty of teachers who didn't want to see you once the 35 minute block over.

Take advantage of any extra effort made by the teachers. You won't realise how hard some teachers work (or don't work) until you leave school.

When i was in 6th year, we were in 1/2 early every morning. Geography Monday and Friday, Biology Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday. They were extra revision classes, and they were brillaint.

Yes it was a pain in the ass, getting out of bed early. Especially for the first 2/3 months when the morning were cold and miserable. But it was worth it, as i got points that I didn't nearly expect.

Wish teachers had the dedication and ambition yours has.

Free classes have been eroded away by useless compulsory whole staff meetings and other nonsense, so teachers cannot now do what they used to do for free in lunchtimes or after school etc.. A certain amount of people understandably thought, 'if I'm getting pay cut after pay cut and extra work, why would I choose to do even more?'

The one issue I could see with Saturday classes is that it will cost in heating, lighting, staffing (if a porter needs to be on the premises for security and insurance cover) and many schools are struggling to buy soap for toilets on their budget, so might not be able to fund it.

• Advertisement

Anybody know a good website who has summaries of each of the scenes in King lear which are really condensed? like 6-7 lines long

• Registered Users Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭Take Your Pants Off

Anybody know a good website who has summaries of each of the scenes in King lear which are really condensed? like 6-7 lines long

Did you try sparknotes ?

Did you try sparknotes ?

I did, but it was still like an A4 page long. Will probably just make myself. What i'm after is just a couple of lines on each scene to give me a general feel of it.

I did, but it was still like an A4 page long. Will probably just make myself. What i'm after is just a couple of lines on each scene to give me a general feel of it.

Making your own notes is always the best way to do it.

Anybody around use Memrise for much? Was thinking about making a group for LC boards people :)

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭Beca19

Anybody around use Memrise for much? Was thinking about making a group for LC boards people :)
    what is that?

What is that?

Check it out!

You can use it for various types of vocab for languages. Its sort of like flashcards but a lil more. Ive been using it for Biology definitions too

• Registered Users Posts: 30 cxxlin

So handy for helping out with German vocab omg

cxxlin wrote: »
    So handy for helping out with German vocab omg

Yeah ikr? maybe if 4 or 5 of us are using it we can set up a group for people on boards to join. bitta fun

• Advertisement

Yeah ikr? maybe if 4 or 5 of us are using it we can set up a group for people on boards to join. bitta fun

I'm the only LC student in Ireland who happens to do Italian and know how to use the Internet...

Advertisement