Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LC Off Topic Thread (2015/16)

Options
1747576777880»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 691 ✭✭✭legocrazy505

It's because we're too busy studying. Right everyone? *Closes Irish book to watch E3 conferences*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭DublinArnie

It's because we're too busy studying. Right everyone? *Closes Irish book to watch E3 conferences*
    Our priorities are fine tuned!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭Take Your Pants Off

Am I safe in throwing away my English paper 2 stuff ? Would I be able to get off any money by selling it, or are they completely useless ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 691 ✭✭✭legocrazy505

Am I safe in throwing away my English paper 2 stuff ? Would I be able to get off any money by selling it, or are they completely useless ?

Poetry books are pointless. I'd imagine the comparative changes entirely too. I found out that my maths, English and Irish books are now "out of date" according to the school. Got €70 from everything else though.

Like I have my King Lear and my comparative novels, I might keep the Lear, as might come useful to my brother in 5 years time, lol.
    But the comparative texts are completely useless yh ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,232 ✭✭✭Bazinga_N

Like I have my King Lear and my comparative novels, I might keep the Lear, as might come useful to my brother in 5 years time, lol.
    But the comparative texts are completely useless yh ?

King Lear is on for 2018 again and most of the comparatives are up again next year (the plough, Kings speech and foster are definitely on next year).

Would finance in ucc be similar to financial maths and economics in nuig.
    I wanted to do a course very similar to Economics and finance ucd but I really doubt it get 580 points !!.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

Amazing how quiet this thread is on results day. During my leaving cert results in 2014 the forum was buzzing it was

• Closed Accounts Posts: 276 ✭✭Gallagher1

Amazing how quiet this thread is on results day. During my leaving cert results in 2014 the forum was buzzing it was

Unbelievable difference. The last 2 years the Medicine thread was hopping all the time but this year it has been nothing short of dormant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

Gallagher1 wrote: »
    Unbelievable difference. The last 2 years the Medicine thread was hopping all the time but this year it has been nothing short of dormant.

Hasn't boards experienced a good chunk of user decline in the same time frame since.
    It would seem to go along with the recent trends of the site.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭iCrazzy

Just a qs regarding cao, say if I have 500+ points in all my chosen courses in top 5 and my 6th and 7th are like 350, 450.
    And I get 460.
    Would I be able to get them, because I heard cao only really goes down to the top 2...

Hope it all worked out for everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭quirkista

iCrazzy wrote: »
    Just a qs regarding cao, say if I have 500+ points in all my chosen courses in top 5 and my 6th and 7th are like 350, 450.
    And I get 460.
    Would I be able to get them, because I heard cao only really goes down to the top 2...

You get the highest course on your list for which you have the point for. In your case, you would get your sixth choice

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭quirkista

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭DownOneTourist

And I get 460.

If the points stay the same you will get offered the 6th. You'll only know for certain whats happening on monday

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 29,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

because I heard cao only really goes down to the top 2...
    How the hell do these myths start?!! >.<

Second time we had this one in two days!

Ok, think about it ... why would the CAO get you to fill in 10 choices, and load their computer database with 8 extra choices multiplied by (say) 50,000 students, if they were only going to consider the top two?! ;)

It is perfectly possible to be offered your 10th choice if you qualify for it but not for choices 1-9.

Do have a read of the CAO handbook, or even the CAO offers thread at the top of the forum, before next week, and save yourself a lot of heebie-jeebies! ;)

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

Well done, guys and gals.

I hope you all get the shift tonight. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭BadBannana

Is it time for the class of 2017 to step up yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭siebey123

BadBannana wrote: »
    Is it time for the class of 2017 to step up yet?

Nahhhh that time is Monday when offers come out and we're out ;)

siebey123 wrote: »
    Nahhhh that time is Monday when offers come out and we're out ;)

Ha ha, good luck to all of ye!

So who's gonna bite the bullet and make the CAO offers thread? :rolleyes: Can't wait to see who manages to get the points that bit earlier for us all:D

Best of luck everyone!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,120 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Be aware we have problems in the past with 'characters' posting false info about points.
    You'd have to wonder about how empty some people's lives are.

spurious wrote: »
    Be aware we have problems in the past with 'characters' posting false info about points.

Who even...has the time :confused::confused: I'll definitely be wary anyways, no photos, no proof :cool:

spurious wrote: »
    Further to spurious' comment, be aware also that such trolls get banned, and in extreme cases, I have asked the admins for a siteban, and they have been only too happy to oblige! ;)

Okay so, now it's really time for the class of 2017. When're we starting, what're we looking at?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,232 ✭✭✭Bazinga_N

BadBannana wrote: »
    Okay so, now it's really time for the class of 2017. When're we starting, what're we looking at?
    Hang on a week or two because I may be joining you in the class of 2017 :rolleyes:

I'll get the mammy to light a candle for ya

The sale of candles must shoot through the roof in June and August! :D

I'm fairly sure the local church will be burned in sacrifice for my leaving....

Advertisement