Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LC Off Topic Thread (2015/16)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭iCrazzy

Consonata wrote: »
    Answer is in attachment, please do ask questions. I did it quickish so there might be a mistake in it.

18x squared -50 is the answer at the back. I dont know how they got that

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Consonata

How's people getting on these days. Just 2 and a half weeks for me :o

• Registered Users Posts: 20 QuiteHumerus

Do we have a 6th year thread yet or do we just change the name of this to 6th years? It's so quiet here!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,232 ✭✭✭Bazinga_N

As much as I'd like to put it off longer I think it's time we had the thread name changed :eek: Only 13 days of summer left for me </3

14 days left for me.. I'm slowly coming to terms with it but I'm still kind of scared

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭lumosteph

It's so weird that we're all basically sixth years now. Found out this morning that both of my courses went down 5 and 15 points respectively so that's kind of reassuring..

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭currooney

Had a good lurk on the cao results thread last night and it's both terrifying and exciting that it'll be us soon enough. I'm in disbelief at how close sixth year is but I think I'm ready to get stuck in all the same. It had to be our turn sometime :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,142 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

currooney wrote: »
    Had a good lurk on the cao results thread last night and it's both terrifying and exciting that it'll be us soon enough. I'm in disbelief at how close sixth year is but I think I'm ready to get stuck in all the same. It had to be our turn sometime :D

Please, if you do nothing else, read the CAO handbook and understand how the place offers work. So many people don't bother and miss out on the course they wanted, even though sometimes they have the points.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

Bazinga_N wrote: »
    As much as I'd like to put it off longer I think it's time we had the thread name changed :eek: Only 13 days of summer left for me </3

It would be too confusing if I changed it to LC 2016 Off Topic. Here's a compromise :P

Peregrine wrote: »
    It would be too confusing if I changed it to LC 2016 Off Topic. Here's a compromise :P

I GUESS we'll take it :rolleyes: :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,339 ✭✭✭Jijsaw

Good luck to yis all on doing the Leaving Cert.
    From September to Christmas, I felt it dragged miserably but once the mocks come you'll be finishing up in time.
    Make sure to get some rest and play while also doing your work, else you'll have a breakdown come November :P

Has anyone any idea what they want to do? Science for me I think

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭lumosteph

Journalism in DCU! Also kind of leaning towards Criminology but there's only one course in Ireland which is in Cork so idk..

Science and nursing is very popular in my school. I've my heart set on languages, preferably in DCU.

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭coolerboy

Science or Engineering in UCD for me.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭Troxck

I just finished the LC this year so I just want to wish ye all the best of luck for the coming months, it can be pretty tough. Just remember it's a marathon and not a sprint.

If you're disappointed with your results at the end, it's okay. I was too but luckily got my first choice today. Just remember how many other routes there are and that the piece of paper does not define your worth as a person.

Try to stay positive this year too guys! You can do it :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

Considering I'm doing my Leaving Cert in 2016 I better get used to this neck of the woods! For an off-topic thread, there seems to be a lot of school talk!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 159 ✭✭WorthlessPeon

And so it begins, may God have mercy on our souls

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭DublinArnie

Still haven't made my mind up 100%. Engineering is first choice but I think science would be second, or maybe psychology. TCD is my first preference for university but DCU also seems nice.

:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 159 ✭✭WorthlessPeon

I'm fairly certain on Med at this stage, like many other lads on here I'd imagine

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭Take Your Pants Off

How are some people planning to study in 6th year, I am doing 8 subjects, 6 at honours.
    How would one go about studying 4th year and 5th year stuff while 6th year content is progressing.
    For example, if I go about doing 4th year bio chapters the first month of lc and then 5th year bio chapters the next month, is this how you supposed to do it ?
    I am trying to find a grasp to this

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Kremin

How are some people planning to study in 6th year, I am doing 8 subjects, 6 at honours.
    How would one go about studying 4th year and 5th year stuff while 6th year content is progressing.
    For example, if I go about doing 4th year bio chapters the first month of lc and then 5th year bio chapters the next month, is this how you supposed to do it ?
    I am trying to find a grasp to this

Sorry that I'm not answering your question... but "4th year" study? 4th year is supposed to be a gap year, can't believe you had to do work during it o_O

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭Take Your Pants Off

Kremin wrote: »
    Sorry that I'm not answering your question... but "4th year" study? 4th year is supposed to be a gap year, can't believe you had to do work during it o_O

Yeah for our school we got done so much for 4th year. Really shouldn't have. Yet we still finish most of our courses at the same time with the rest of schools sorrounding areas

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,142 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Yeah.for our school we got done so muchbin 4th year. Reallt shouldn't have.

The school can get into a lot of trouble with the Inspectors using TY for LC work.

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭Beca19

Haven't been on here in a while... not looking forward to maths and just the general amount of effort this year will take :o

When is everyone back? I'm back the 31st, don't think I've ever started the school year on a Monday before :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,232 ✭✭✭Bazinga_N

When is everyone back? I'm back the 31st, don't think I've ever started the school year on a Monday before :(
    The 1st :eek:

Heading to town tomorrow to buy my back to school supplies :(

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Lee_la

The 2nd
    I still can't believe summer is almost over :(

Did many go to the August Course at the In$titute? I think I got alot out of it, especially Maths.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭Hana98

The 29th. :eek: I thought I was back late. A lot of people I know are back the 28th or 24th.

Advertisement